Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 3weeks today & 9 lbs down. So many people are losing huge numbers but after talking to the dietician I realize it's a good 9 pounds. I've been on regular food with no fill for 2 weeks so I'm happy. Slow & steady. Hope everyone is doing well.

Congrats! That's 3 pounds a week. Keep up the good work!

That's great! I've lost about the same; I'm happy to not be gaining weight and now slowly losing it. Quite the positive change!!

That's great! I've lost about the same; I'm happy to not be gaining weight and now slowly losing it. Quite the positive change!!

That's a great point Kass. If you are losing and aren't gaining, it's a win-win.

tmf

That's true. Didn't think about gaining:). It will take me a min to lose my 50 but I'm up for it. Thanks:)

That's true. Didn't think about gaining:). It will take me a min to lose my 50 but I'm up for it. Thanks:)

i think this is a marvellous effort. i dont believe its healthy to try and achieve massive weight losses in a short time. the body has to suffer. im losing weight slowly but very steady now. i had about 80 pounds to lose... im well on the way and ive been banded about three months now. im not quick with weight loss but dont want to be either. im a good third, nearly half way to my goal.

That's great Judy & good to hear. So many want to be super tight & lose fast but I'm on with slow. I don't want to become addicted to the scale so I'm happy with my frame of thinking. It will pay off. Glad to know others are ok with slow too. Happy the weight is coming off for you.

That's great Judy & good to hear. So many want to be super tight & lose fast but I'm on with slow. I don't want to become addicted to the scale so I'm happy with my frame of thinking. It will pay off. Glad to know others are ok with slow too. Happy the weight is coming off for you.

...thanks... Actually, its just marvellous. everything is happening without me having to make it an obsession.... thats the way i need/want it to be. Im glad to hear that you are of the same mind. i think that in the end, losing slow but sure wins out. theres less chance of discouragement and certainly no unreal expectations that will disappoint. im glad that you are doing well also... keep up the good work. Im two days out from my second fill, only had one cc... my band is tight ( just from the post fill ) so im not having much at all. i had a bowl of Tomato Soup with some melted cheese in it for lunch. a tablespoon of baked Beans for Breakfast. it takes me a few days to settle down again after a fill, even a small one.

good to talk with you. judy

You are loosing more than expected; normally 1-2 lbs per week. Usually the more you have to loose the faster the loss. Also if someone goes from eating 3-4000 cals per day (Very easy to do. A big bites hamburger meal with fries at Chilis is 1,000.) to 800 cals (post op liquids) you will loose pretty quickly. At first consult I was 335, at surgery 282 (7.5 months wait). I loose less than 1 pound a week.

I'm also on the slow train. I'm at 9 lbs and I'm five weeks out. I have about 50-60 lbs. to lose in total, so I know my loss will be slower than those with more to lose. If I calculate like that, I've lost about 15% of my excess weight already.

I've only had one fill and have little to no restriction. So while I'm in bandster hell, I know it's going to be harder to drop the pounds in the beginning. Honestly though, I find myself frustrated that it's not going faster... some days I'm more positive than others. That's one of the reasons I'm on this site. Seeing that others are going through the same ups and downs helps me conquer these challenges!

Let's do this!

I'm also on the slow train. I'm at 9 lbs and I'm five weeks out. I have about 50-60 lbs. to lose in total, so I know my loss will be slower than those with more to lose. If I calculate like that, I've lost about 15% of my excess weight already.

I've only had one fill and have little to no restriction. So while I'm in bandster hell, I know it's going to be harder to drop the pounds in the beginning. Honestly though, I find myself frustrated that it's not going faster... some days I'm more positive than others. That's one of the reasons I'm on this site. Seeing that others are going through the same ups and downs helps me conquer these challenges!

Let's do this!

It's so refreshing to hear from a newbie not in panic mode.

tmf

I'm also on the slow train. I'm at 9 lbs and I'm five weeks out. I have about 50-60 lbs. to lose in total' date=' so I know my loss will be slower than those with more to lose. If I calculate like that, I've lost about 15% of my excess weight already.

Let's do this![/quote']

That's why I'm on here too! But yeah I'm trying to just be positive and encourage others along the way:) I would love to be losing more but I'making so many good changes since the band that I'm pretty excited.

You are loosing more than expected; normally 1-2 lbs per week. Usually the more you have to loose the faster the loss. Also if someone goes from eating 3-4000 cals per day (Very easy to do. A big bites hamburger meal with fries at Chilis is 1,000.) to 800 cals (post op liquids) you will loose pretty quickly. At first consult I was 335, at surgery 282 (7.5 months wait). I loose less than 1 pound a week.

im in accelerated weight loss again this week after having 1 cc in the band. that makes four ccs.. yesterday i ate a lot of sugar. thats not me normally, so that was a bad day. i had a lot of discomfort trying to eat a piece of fruit and it never settled all day. i had some soft jubes in the afternoon. i know that i shouldnt have had them, and im not a sweet tooth. yesterday was just ''one of those days''. however, this morning when i weighed, im down another two pounds... rapidly getting to my goal. Honestly, im eating what i want to... like i said, just in very small amounts. hopefully in another week i can eat a banana. lol.

I'm at week two and have lost 7 pounds since surgery - dropped a ton (figuratively speaking) right before and right after, but only one pound this week. I had some Fluid taken out of my band on day 5 because with swelling, I was too tight, and after that, I've slowed down considerably. I loved reading all of your comments, it's so helpful to help me stay patient with my body. I know I'm still healing, and I know it's best to come off slowly. I feel great and have made significant changes in my habits, so that's a huge win! My problem is we have a vacation at the end of July and I would like to lose as much as I can before that, but I know I've got to change that thinking. That's "diet" mentality and got me to where I was!

Thanks everyone for sharing - D

I'm at week two and have lost 7 pounds since surgery - dropped a ton (figuratively speaking) right before and right after, but only one pound this week. I had some Fluid taken out of my band on day 5 because with swelling, I was too tight, and after that, I've slowed down considerably. I loved reading all of your comments, it's so helpful to help me stay patient with my body. I know I'm still healing, and I know it's best to come off slowly. I feel great and have made significant changes in my habits, so that's a huge win! My problem is we have a vacation at the end of July and I would like to lose as much as I can before that, but I know I've got to change that thinking. That's "diet" mentality and got me to where I was!

Thanks everyone for sharing - D

i know what you mean. i used to be that way as well. knowing that there was a special occasion coming up or a holiday away... and it ended up with me being bigger than ever !! lol. Yep... if you can just relax with it all, i know it will come of for you in good time. You will be going into this holiday weighing less anyway, wont you ??...

ive got an 11 night cruise coming up with my youngest grand daughter who is 15. im hoping to be able to go ''jiving'with her at the nightclub on board.. lol. and im hoping to get lots of swimming in as well. I would like to lose another 14 pounds but i know that i have to be patient, and not think about it.. i hope you have a great vacation. where are you going for it?