Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Fills Have You Had ?

I am 1 yr post op. I have a 10cc band and 6.5cc in it. I am tight for now and I can really tell. I have lost 96 pounds with 40 or so more to go. I am a bit miserable right now with the tightness, but I will adjust. My band has been adjusted 7 times over the course of that year. 5 fills and 2 "baby sized" unfills. I see my doctor every month and will continue to do so until I reach my goal weight. What everyone says about not comparing yourself to someone else is so correct. Your body is different that someone else. So listen to your body and your doctor and make the right decision together.

Melinda in Florida

My band is a size 10...I have had 3 fills and have 3cc in my band. I have a monthly appointment where I can have an adjustment if needed. I'm 3 months out today!!

Try not to compare yourself to others.....how many/how much will differ greatly between patients.

Hi waiting patiently! I was hoping you could give me some insight, I think you were banded a few weeks before me? I was may 4th. Anyways, I have had one fill, and have absolutely no restrictions yet, I am over eating for sure right now and having a hard time getting ur under control :/ I love 13 lb in the first 5 weeks and now I have gained 1.5 and I'm afraid the trend will continue :/ I'm just nervous, is this normal? I feel like I'm not going to lose the weight :/

I was banded on 4/3/12. 1st fill was 4 cc with NO RESTRICTION. 2nd fill was today of 3cc. That's a total of 7cc in a 9cc band. Praying for some restrictions now.

Hi waiting patiently! I was hoping you could give me some insight, I think you were banded a few weeks before me? I was may 4th. Anyways, I have had one fill, and have absolutely no restrictions yet, I am over eating for sure right now and having a hard time getting ur under control :/ I love 13 lb in the first 5 weeks and now I have gained 1.5 and I'm afraid the trend will continue :/ I'm just nervous, is this normal? I feel like I'm not going to lose the weight :/

Hi Andi,

I think what you are going through is normal. Until we find restriction....we are very much still on a diet. This doesn't mean we are doomed to suffer and wait for restriction. I created a very safe enviroment for myself at home. There are no Cookies, chips or ice cream to be found. Its a no temptation zone. ---And yes I have a husband and children....and yes that means there are none here for them either. That was a big deal the first few weeks ..but now that my son has lost 25 pounds and my daughter another 20...everyone is on board now. ---We might break this cycle after all!!

Exercise...that awfull word!! I exercise every day at the same time...even if its only for 10 mins. I work best when I stick to a routine. Most of the time I figure I'm already on the dang machine, I might as well stay there and watch an episode of Big Bang Theory and burn 100 calories. It doesn't mean I like (never will) but I don't like being obese either so I just do it.---and pout like a small child the whole time!!

Diet: I think for most people, the food pyramid works...they are able to eat a little of just about everything and lose weight. This wasn't me. I have found that my body loves the low carb/ high Protein diet. I'm a little more strict than most. I keep carbs to about 40g. and have lost on average about 2 pounds a week. Untill 2 weeks ago....at the advise of my nutritionist I upped my carbs to 60g. kept the same calorie level of 900. At the end of a week the scale stopped completely...The first time I haven't lost anything!! To say the least, I am working this week to get back down to less that 40 carbs....but now that I have had them for the last week.....I am craving them something awfull!! Feels like pre-op all over again.--so if you aren't following a low carb diet...you might want to give it a try...see how your body responds

Lastly, I would suggest you join myfitnesspal. I would weigh all your food and record everything you eat. Some times we forget what 3oz looks like.

Until you find that elusive green zone....do everything else in your power to make this work. Follow the rules (no drinking 30 mins before or after meals), exercise daily, find a food lifestyle that your body responds to. Stay postive.And remind yourself that this is a journey not a race.

Good Luck!! Inbox me any time if you want to talk.

Angieband - Not crazy at all. I did not get "real Restriction" until just last month. I was banded 7/7/11 and have had multiple fills. Sometimes the doctor does small fills and it takes a bit to feel restriction. Also remember that the band does not stop you from eating it is just a tool to assist you in eating less. Hang in there. It will come but in the mean time, try to eat less on your own. It is worth it ! I am now down 98 pounds and I know I could not have done it without the band (and my own will power).

Melinda in Florida

I have had 4 fills. I can get them every 4 wks if needed. I didn't get one at my last appt but think I might ask for a small amount at my next one. I have the larger band (14cc I think).

I too have the 14 ccband and have had one fill so far and still can eat anything when did u start to feel restricktions

Kerrbear - we are all different in the way we feel restriction and when. Did you have plication too or just the band? That has some affect too. I have a 10cc band w/ plication and until just recently I did not feel any restriction. I am at about 5-6 cc (don't know for sure - my doctor does not tell me all the time) and I got my band on 7/7/11. I got "real restriction at my last fill on June 8th. I see doctor again 7/6 and we will see then what he thinks. I began dropping weight again after my last fill - I was down 95 - then gained 4 - now down 8 - so overall 99 pounds with about 40 more to go. I feel great and glad I had this done. My mom says I found my "sparkle" again.

Melinda in Florida

I am one month post op today and I've had 2 fills and I believe I am in my green zone already!!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

i just went for my seconf fill yesterday and i got 3cc's so i now have a total of 4ccs in my band, and this morning i can tell that i'm going to have to slow down my eating and really chew my food.< /p>

I am using midband 7cc, I have 5cc on it and no restriction yet. :-(

I have a 14cc band have had two fills 4cc the first and 3cc the 2nd.

I've had 6 fills in a size 10 band. I don't know how much is in there now. I wasn't getting fills regularly in the beginning because I was having a problem getting an appointment. The don't feel restriction everyday or at the same time each day. This last adjustment has me wondering did it get one. Haven't felt in restriction, yet.

I've had 4 fills' date=' and the last one needed a little unfilling since I couldn't keep Water down. I can't eat bread or Pasta anymore which is fine if I were seeing results. I've been banded 6 months now, and haven't lost any weight. It's hard not to compare yourself to others, when it seems like everyone else loses weight.[/quote']

I had surgery in jan. 2011. At first I lost about 20 lbs and then even with fills, I didn't lose. I had the usual tests done at a year to see if i was getting what I needed nutrition wise. My hormones were off a little, so I was put on meds. For that. Everything seems to be fine now, except I have not lost, in fact I have gained. I have 11 cc band and I am at 8 with some restriction. I know my problem is portion size and waiting til I'm hungry to eat. Think about these things and be honest with yourself. If you are doing exactly what you are supposed to do, check the types of food you are eating, then, see your dr. I have to kick myself and get back on the wagon myself!