Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I see the Endo tomorrow-- send love!

Crystal~

I hope you can get some answers to some of your questions, at least. You are in such a difficult situation and as far as I can tell you are handling it with such grace...I'm sure there are times you fall apart (I sure would) but then you pick yourself up and keep on keeping on. My heart goes out to you. And now your mom, too. You both are in my thoughts and prayers...keep us posted.

Emily

Best wishes on your findings.

Prayers, white lights, positive thoughts, all on the way. (((((HUGS)))))

Well, today I saw the Endo, but it didn't go quite how I would have liked. Becaue I don't have the strechmarks, and because I work out I don't have the thin arms and legs, he doesn't think I have cushings, but he ordered the 24 hour urine test and three other tests. (my husband has my PDA with that information). I do know they are testing my testosterone because of the increased body hair, the increased facial hair (6 laser hair removal treatments and it is all growing back) and the male patterned baldnes, he thinks I might have something wrong, like a masculinizing tumor, but probably not cushings.

He wasn't interested in my sudden and unexplained weight gains, my fatigue, or my inability to lose weight. I think the man weighs 150 soaking wet. He's going to send me to a doctor that specializes in metabolic issues, although she mostly sees professional atheletes. He kept refering to me being obese (no kidding) and thinks that is why I'm having all the problems. He thinks I should work harder at losing weight. (hello! I had WLS for crying out loud, I work out, and I've managed to lose 15 pounds net since April.

I'm not terribly optimistic, but he didn't dismiss me altogether either.

He did tell me to stop taking the thyroid medication. He looked at my test results from Jan and couldn't believe the other doctor put me on thyroid medication.

Hi Queenie. Well, it's a relief to hear you don't have the Cushings, but I know you have further disappointment in that you have no idea what is wrong.

Didn't you mention you have PCOS? The reason I mention that is I have PCOS and I have all your symptoms. ALL of them. They also tested me for Cushings, and I went through all the thyroid tests too. They don't have a clue and are chalking it up to the PCOS.

Nope, it doesn't mean I don't have Cushing's, he just think that I didn't present with enough symptoms of it. He went ahead and requested all the tests though.

Bups, it could be that you have cyclic cushings and were tested in a "low" cycle.

I just want answers!

And there are no answers about my Mom's test yesterday either.

I wish you the best and I really hope that you get some answers! Maybe the tests will show something that will hepl you find the answers.

Sorry Vines you did not get the answer you were looking for but I am glad that he did not say Cushings and yes you need more test but as long as you know that maybe they can rule that out in the end.

I am sure that you have researched on the PCOS - could it just be an aggresive form? I am really unfamiler with PCOS sorry

Well, I'm a little disappointed that you didn't get more definite answers...perhaps those will come in time...but at least he did order some tests. I have a hard time with docs like that b/c I wonder if they are really listening or already making a decision in their little heads. :confused:

I know you are a strong woman and won't settle until you do get some answers regardless of which doc they come from. Wish I had more to offer you. :ohwell: Will continue to pray for you and your family. ~TAKE CARE~

HUgs and Prayers for you crystal. I pray that everything works out for your good. When I was diagnosed with Lupus I was somewhat relieved and upset. I pray you get a definite diagnosis and can proceed with treatment. You are a terrific person with a wealth of knowledge beyond comparison to anybody I know. I want you to take care of yourself, don't worry about the weightloss just about your well being. God Bless You.

DeeDee