Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Cant Stop Eating!!!

Penni merrick is there a reason why you didn't get re-banded

WOW!! I feel like I have been called on the carpet for something I did wrong. LOL!!

Maebeth, I was only unbanded in Dec and it is recommended to wait 6 months to be rebanded. At least that is what my surgeon does. He won't even consider doing any type of surgery till the 6 months are up. That will be in June or July of this year.

I doubt I will get rebanded mainly due to no funds and I just don't think I wanna go that route again.

Paula, how ya doing sweetie? I was thinking about your planned meals thingy. I can develop a meal plan for you if you like. I need a day to get it together. So Let me work on it tonight and I will post it tomorrow or later tonight if I get a chance. It will basically follow much of the Nutrisystem plan minus their meals of course but you can supplement with other stuff and I will give you suggestions.

Hang in there and help is on the way. LOL!!!!

Penni - I'll accept it! And even if you need more time, thats fine too. Help is here! woohoo

This is a GIANT step for me... I just came home from Walmart. From the time I got out of my van till I checked out, all I thought about was a Hershely w/ almond.

:decision: (am I the only one that does this?)

did alot of thinking... but I got a bag of cashews instead.

Paula Good for you on the getting the nuts. Good luck we will get thru this.

Hey Penni I would love to see a menu. I am in the same boat with Paula. Can't stop the carbs ....

Paula, yesterday I kept thinking about hershey kisses with peanutbutter... Yep I went out and bought a bag, had 6 and brought the rest to work because they are SOOOOOOOO good, I can snarf down the entire bag w/no problem.

So no, your not the only one who thinks like that. I love chocolate and think about it every day.

Paula - this is a good example of how knowledge gives us power.

Cashews - oiled, salted, roasted 1 cup 749 calories, 30 grams carbs, 62 grams fat

Hershey's with Almond Bites - 17 pieces 215 calories, 20 grams carbs, 14 grams fat

Susan,

Dont show me THAT! :)

I got the tubed cashews... compared (and STILL debated) between the two.

I dont think the tube is quite a cup though. Maybe 1/2 a cup?

So half those numbers you gave looks more like what I saw on the package.

..i think.

Dairy and Protein Servings

• Fat-free Milk or Light Yogurt, 8 oz

• Fat-free or Low-fat cheese, 1 oz

• Non-fat or Low-fat Cottage cheese, 1/4 cup

• Parmesan (grated), 2 Tbsp

chicken or Turkey (without skin), 1 oz

• Egg, 1

• Egg Whites, 3

• Egg Substitute, 1/2 cup

• Fish (fresh or frozen, not breaded), 1 oz

• Lean Beef (Round, Sirloin, Flank, Tenderloin, Chuck, Rump), 1 oz

• Lean Pork (Fresh or Boiled Ham, Canadian Bacon, Tenderloin, Loin Chop), 1 oz

• Sandwich meat (with 2 grams of fat or less per ounce), 1 oz

• Sardines, 2

• Shellfish (Clams, Crab, Lobster, Scallops, Shrimp), 2 oz

tuna (canned in water), 1/4 cup

• Vegetarian Protein Foods ("Veggie" Burgers, Smart Dogs), 2 oz

Skim Milk Alternatives

If you have trouble getting in all of your dairy servings or are lactose intolerant, the following can be used to replace a Dairy or Protein serving in your meal plan:

• NutriSystem Chewy Fudge Bar

Low Glycemic Index Carbohydrate Servings

• Barley (cooked), 1/3 cup

Beans (Garbanzo, Pinto, Kidney, White), 1/3 cup

bread (Whole-wheat, Multi-grain, Pumpernickel, Rye, Sourdough, Oatmeal), 1 slice

• Corn, 1/2 cup

• Couscous (cooked), 1/3 cup

• Crackers (whole-grain), 3/4 oz

oatmeal (cooked), 1/2 cup

Pasta (cooked al dente), 1/2 cup

• Peas (green), 1/2 cup

• Peas (split, black-eyed), 1/3 cup

• Pita (whole-grain, 6 inch), 1/2

• Rice (cooked, brown), 1/3 cup

• Roll (whole-grain, small), 1

• Sweet Potatoes, Yams, 1/3 cup

Fat Servings

• Avocado, 1/8

Mayonnaise, 1 tsp

• Nuts

Almonds, 6

Peanuts, 10 large

Pecans, 4 halves

Walnuts, 4 halves

Peanut Butter, 1 tsp

• Oil (Canola, Olive, Peanut, Corn, Safflower), 1 tsp

olives, 5 large

salad dressings (regular), 1 Tbsp

salad Dressings (reduced-fat), 2 Tbsp

• Seeds (Sesame, pumpkin, Sunflower), 1 Tbsp

Fruit Servings

• Apple, 1 small

• Applesauce, 1/2 cup

• Apricots, 1/2 cup

banana, 1/2

• Blueberries, 3/4 cup

• Cantaloupe, 1/3

• Cherries, 12

• Cranberries, dried 2 Tbsp.

• Grapes, 15

• Grapefruit, 1/2

• Honeydew melon, 1/8

• Kiwi, 1 large

• Mandarin Oranges, 1/2 c. canned

• Nectarine, 1 med.

Orange, 1 med.

• Pear, 1 small

• Peach, 1 med.

pineapple, 1/3 c. canned

pineapple, 3/4 cup fresh

• Plums, 2

• Pomegranate, 1/2 med.

• Prunes, 3

• Raisins, 2 Tbsp.

• Raspberries, 1 cup

• Strawberries, whole, 11/4 cup

• Tangerines, 2 small

Fruit Juices (may replace fruit)

• Apple juice, 1/2 cup

• Cranberry juice Cocktail, 1/3 cup

• Grapefruit Juice, 1/2 cup

• Grape Juice, 1/3 cup

• Orange Juice, 1/2 cup

• Pineapple Juice, 1/2 cup

Salad Vegetable Servings

These raw vegetables may be eaten in unlimited amounts as part of your daily salad servings.

• Alfalfa Sprouts

• Cabbage

• Chicory

• Cucumbers

• Celery

• Escarole

• Green Onions

• Hot Peppers

• Lettuce (all types)

• Parsley

• Radishes

• Spinach

• Watercress

• Zucchini

Vegetable Servings

Serving size is 1/2 cup cooked or 1 cup raw unless otherwise noted.

• Artichoke, 1/2 large

• Asparagus

• Beets

• Bell Peppers

• Broccoli

• Brussels Sprouts

• Cabbage

• Carrots

• Cauliflower

• Collard Greens

• Eggplant

• Green Beans

• Kale

• Mushrooms

• Mustard Greens

• Snow Pea Pods

• Spinach

Tomato, 1 med

• Tomato Juice

• Vegetable Juice

• Zucchini

The follow Condiments and beverages may be eaten in the amounts listed.

Unlimited

• Artificial sweeteners

• Herbs

• Lemon juice

• Spices (salt-free)

• Vinegar

Limited to 1 tsp. per day:

• Flavoring extracts

• Horseradish

• Low-sodium soy sauce

• Mustard

• Relish

• Worcestershire sauce

Limited to 1 Tbsp. per day:

• Catsup

• Salsa

• Picante sauce

• Taco sauce

These beverages may be consumed in unlimited amounts:

• Cofee ot tea

• Diet soda

• Sodium-free seltzer Water

sugar-free tonic Water

That first long list of foods is the supplement list to your entree meal.

Calorie and Protein count are a must. If you want to look at Fat content as well then go for it. I find if I follow the plan then the Fat content doesn't come into play as much for me.

Here is a typical meal plan I try to follow:

Breakfast: (approx = 200 Calories and 10 g Protein)

Usually a cup of any whole grain Cereal with a 1/4 cup milk (if that much - I just like the cereal to be wet not drenched). To the cereal I will add either 15 Fresh Blueberries or 1/4 cup banana. I have a cup of coffee with Lowfat French vanilla Powdered Cream - This allows me to not have to use sweetener of any kind. Or I have a cup of Caffe Vienna sugar free. Of course a 16 oz of Water as well to take my Vitamins in the morning.

Lunch: (approx = 300 to 450 Calories and 20 to 35g Protein)

1.) I might have a 1 cup of broth based Soup. Something like chicken noodle, Vegetable beef soup, just make sure the liquid isn't cream based like Cream of ANYTHING. You can have it you just have to adjust your calorie content for the day. 10 baby carrots with 1 tablespoon Light Ranch dressing. 1 med size apple. 16 oz water up to 32 oz water.

2.) I might have 1/2 cup tuna with 1 tablespoon of Light Miracle Whip. This make the Tuna very creamy. I put that on two slices of Melba Toast or one slice of Whole Wheat bread. I always have the baby carrots and apple at lunch with the water.

3.) I might have the salad listed below and cut up some ham and turkey for a cobb salad.

Afternoon Snack: (never over 150 calories)

Apple, Pear, chose from the list of items I gave you for your snack. I rarely get this snack in.

Dinner: (approx = 450 to 500 Calories and 20 to 35 g Protein)

1.) Two Palm size cheese and Spinach Ravioli. Small bowl of Salad with 10 Almonds or Walnuts or Pecans, 15 Blueberries, Either Cauliflower or Broccoli, celery, cherry tomatoes if I have them, topped with some Feta Cheese and drizzled with a yummy Pear Vinegratte I got from Trader Joe's. You can use any low cal dressing. Just watch those calories per serving. I never use more than a 1/4 cup of dressing.

2.) I might just have the salad and add some yummy chicken strips.

With each meal I drink at least 16 oz of liquid.

Of course this is just an example of what my meals look like now.

Here is the Nutrisystem suggestions for the day.

Breakfast: Entree, 1 dairy or protein, 1 fruit

Lunch: Entree, 1 dairy or protein, Salad Veggies, 2 tbsp fat free dressing

Snack: 1 dairy or protein, 1 fruit

Dinner: Entree, 2 Veggies, 1 Salad or fruit, 2 tbsp fat free dressing, 1 fat

Dessert: A Nutrisystem yummy dessert that is always under 200 calories.

If you have more than 100 pounds to lose then you can add 1 carb to Breakfast and dinner, and 1 fruit to lunch.

I almost never add the carb to the breakfast. I sometimes do at dinner.

If this has helped then please let me know. If you need more suggestions for mealtime then let me know.

185 = size 14/16 (or darn close to it - no more fat lady stores!) Get back on track woman! You're doing great! Put on some of your old clothes that are HUGE on you now to motivate yourself! Don't freak out about slipping up.... just jump back on. I'll go a week or two weeks or three weeks and ignore it when I do what you're doing. Not the best idea... I understand it's hard to stop it! But hey - at least you posted it. I'd rather just ignore it. You made a good first step!

Penni,

WOW!

I am forever grateful for this!!!

Im printing it so I can look at it (study) regularly.

What does "entree" mean on the menu?

And I noticed that this meal plan isnt about carbs.... like you say, its more aimed at calories and protien. Think thats where the secret is at??? Counting calories, not carbs?

interesting.

What do I owe you for this?

(((BIG HUGS))) for being the BEST sister in the WORLD!

Paula Girl... I sure know exactly how you feel! It looks like you have lots of folks lovin and supporting you and a lot of great info to work with! (((Hugs)))

Penni... that is great information... I think I will have to print and study that as well!

Penni,

WOW!

I am forever grateful for this!!!

Im printing it so I can look at it (study) regularly.

What does "entree" mean on the menu?

And I noticed that this meal plan isnt about carbs.... like you say, its more aimed at calories and protien. Think thats where the secret is at??? Counting calories, not carbs?

interesting.

What do I owe you for this?

(((BIG HUGS))) for being the BEST sister in the WORLD!

Paula: What do you owe me for this? HMMM I could really work this huh? How about a visit when it is feasible for both of us? That works for me. LOL!!

Entree = the main portion of the meal. The salad can be the entree if it the main meal. This term usually refers to the meat aspect of the meal. What is the main then in your meal that gives you the most nutrients.

My personal opinion is and has always been that counting Carbs is a good thing but don't make it the ONLY thing. If you wannt count carbs then also count Calories and Protein. If you wanna count FAT then count Calories and Protein. I think the important thing here is that we all know what we are putting into our bodies with EACH meal or snack.

I try to get only FRESH fruit and veggies. I go to my area Farmer's Market on Sundays and get all my veggies and fruits for the week. If you don't have a Farmer's Market then you can buy from Grocery STores but remember to wash any fruits before eating them. They sometimes come with a waxy substance and pesticides that didn't get removed prior to shipping. Dawn and warm Water will remove any of that left over junk.

Trader Joe's has great organic fruits and veggies as well. I get the Feta cheese from them. It is to die for.

Kelly and Darcy: I am glad that you can get some use out of the info as well. I put the meal plan and the list of supplemental foods on my fridge so when I go to get something to eat I know what I am supposed to have. In the past I would have grabbed all the wrong things in the wrong combination. This has helped me greatly as well.

I keep Fuji Apples around for my snack food now. I found these yummy and low calorie Dried Cinnamon Fuji chips from the same person I buy the apples from at the Farmer's Market. They are a quick fix to my sweet demon.

It is all about head games. You know you want something sweet so you automatically gravitate to the bad stuff. You just have to keep natural sweet stuff on hand to satisfy that sweet demon and change your mindset. HEAD GAMES!!!! SIGH!!!!

Let me know how things are going?