Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What the Heck !!!!!!!!!

I am to say the least.......... more then a little disapointed. I have been waiting for a fill for more then a YEAR !!!!!!!!!! So I have to go to NY to finish up on Pop's will, so my best friend up there let's me have her appointment, and I get a fill. From 2 cc to 2.5 cc. Now you would think I would be enought, Right???? Well, now that I am back in good Ol'florida. I can still eat too much. Darn!!!!!!!!!! Now I have to try and go to the Dr. Grossbard in Tampa, and kiss there butts to take me, so I can have a fill. I was hopeing this .5 cc would be enought, BUT......... man makes plans and God laugh's. I have tryed the Dr in Ocala but he won't do anyone he did not install the band on. If any one knowes a Dr closer then Tampa that would be great.

Butch

....... man makes plans and God laughs.

*laughs* I say this all the time, and it's so true!

Do you think maybe you could give that new fill a few days, or even weeks, to let your body adjust to it? I've only had one fill so far, but I can see that with each passing day things feel differently. I was just chatting with someone about this very thing, and we both agree that even little things like drinking with a meal can throw off the real perspective of how restricted we are - which Ive been doing, all the while thinking "Why can I eat more after a fill?!"

i only know of a doc in tampa that does fills on other surgeons patients. have you looked at thefill center usa site to see if there is one closer to you?

I have waited like........ 2 1/2 weeks, they told me at the Dr. office in NY to wait that long. So I am ready to lose more weight and after such a long wait, I am mentally ready to do this. I think I am going to call this Dr in Tampa and see if I can get them to take me. Even if they need to do the X-ray thing, I am at a weight where I can go on there table without fear of breaking the dam thing. How dumb is it to make a table that will only hold 400 lbs. I guess I can see where your more normal people are under that weight, but down here in Florida there some really fatty's. You would think they would make one that would hold the fat people. Anyway, I am 53 and I don't want to wait another 3 years to do this. I am ready to lose the weight and be on with my life. I also need some major surgery when I lose another 75 to 100 lbs, I need a "Pann-nec-ta-me" or something like that. When I looked it up on the "net", it is some kind of surgery, with like a 8 week after care. OUCH. Well, it's the only way I will be able to have any kind of normal life. I am walking around (not that much walking really, because of the pain it causes) with a 100 lb apron or tool belt on. It kills my back, I could walk more when I was 550, then I can now. It seems like everything went south, LOL :D . Way south. It's just that there is so much I want to do, and this fatness is holding me back. Now that I am ready to lose more, thanks to God, I don't want to wait, ain't that just like an addict, "Hurry up and Wait". Good this the Lord has a sense of humor.

Butch

I hope you don't mean a penectomy, which is the complete and total removal of the penis. You have to mean something else...don't you???? I've only heard of this done in cancer patients, but I guess anything is possible. Sure hope you come back and explain this one.....OUCH. I would think if this is what you were talking about you would be much more concerned. Tell me you said this wrong....PLEASE!!

NO, NO, NO, I like my penis right where it is. It may not be much but it's all I got, LOL :D . What it is....... is the removal of the belly part that hangs over the pelvis. What they do is, cut you all the way around and remove the skin and excess fat that hangs over....... then they shorten up the muscles in your belly, the ones that have been streched out over the years. Then...... they pull up the lower skin like a pair of pants, and the upper skin like pulling down a shirt, cut off the excess, and reinstall the belly button. Sort of tightens all the skin all over the place, belly, back, legs, ass,........etc. I know I am not sounding this sound too good and I might not be explaining it all that well, but it's something like that. It really is major surgery, you see the insureance's company's, won't pay for a Tummy Tuck, but they will pay for this. Because of back pain, and rash's it is nessaseruy. Does this make any sense????

Butch

You had me worried there for awhile. That is the only spelling comes even close to what I know..but then there is a lot I know. Do you perhaps know the correct spelling. Sounds kind of like a major Tummy Tuck removing all the excess fat, but will you be ready in that length of time. What about after you start losing the weight? Aren't you going to need this done once again? I am very relieved you are happy with where your private parts are and no one is going to mess with them. :mad: I've been thinking about this all morning and thinking "Bless His Little Heart".:D :omg: :think :speechles

Hey,

It's called a Panniculectomy.... to remove the panniculus, which is the 'apron' of hanging fat that some are left with.

Just thought I'd correct you guys, hope that helps :D

Mandi

Hey,

It's called a Panniculectomy.... to remove the panniculus, which is the 'apron' of hanging fat that some are left with.

Just thought I'd correct you guys, hope that helps :D

Mandi

I drove myself nuts going through my medical books. It is most commonly called a panectomy, so he was kind of right on the pronounciation. Means the exact same thing as what you said...removing the apron of skin. Glad we cleared this up.:mad:

*laughs and laughs* Poor FuelMan! Dody, leave his thingie alone! LOL

Butch, is there anyone who would do this skin removal for you now and then let you continue on? You'd have to have it done again, and that would suck going through it twice, but if it enabled you to life your life without pain and be more active, which would ultimately help you lose more, wouldn't it be worth it? I don't know a lot about the Plastic Surgery (PS) stuff so I'm not sure if they would do this or not. Have you checked or would you even consider it?

:) OK...I was really impressed as I read about the penis removal procedure, thinking, WOW, this thing is so HUGE that it gives him back pain?

AHHHHHHH?

I am so disappointed...:tired

:) OK...I was really impressed as I read about the penis removal procedure, thinking, WOW, this thing is so HUGE that it gives him back pain?

AHHHHHHH?

I am so disappointed...:tired

I am disappointed as well, I can only dream, right? But........... what I do have is mine and it will stay just where it is !!!!!!!!!

Regarding the Pannie thing....... I have already lost some 200+ lbs, and I just e-mailed the guy's @ fillcentersusa.com and asked for a Dr. that would do a fill for me, in North Florida. I just had one in NY 3 weeks ago. I went from 2 cc to 2.5 cc, it still ain't enough, as I can eat too much. I think I need another .5 cc to make it an even 3 cc in the band. I figure that if I lose another 100 lbs I will be ready for this Pannie thing. So........... I will only have to do this once, heck, once is enough for anyone. I have done some looking on this, and found some peep's that have had it done, and the big thing is the recovery time, something like 8 to 10 weeks, WOW that's some time. BUT............. seeing that I am 53 now, I ain't get'in no younger, and there is some stuff I would like to do before they throw dirt in my face....... thing's like..... see my......... feet? LOL:eek: . I wanted to get this done like a year ago, and I was still too fat, but I was being lazy (something new, right?) and wanted them to take the weight from me, then I started looking, and there was a lot more fat, a lot more places then in the belly area, so......... back to work, and I am ready for this, I wish the fill done in NY had worked and was enough. It kind of is enough to maintain, I can't "Eat like I was going to the chair", but I can still eat a full meal, and then some. I would be able to lose weight this way, but...... without exercise, it would take forever. So I am ready for another fill, in order to cut back on the food. I have been waiting for this for 3 years. I was not ready last year to lose the weight, but now I am. Off we go, into the unknown, I better keep my eye's on the Man Upstairs, he will be my guide. Thanks for the laughs guy's your great.

Butch

Hi Everyone, finally found this site, and well thank you for making me laugh. I am from Florida, actually living in Germany now. Had the surgery here and have been dealing with a surgeon here. Just wondering what it is going to be like for me when I get home.

Just wanted to say hi

Hi Sally and welcome. Where did you have your surgery? What doctor?

I am in Jacksonville, so was just wondering.

Hi Fuelman, long time no hear. Sorry about your disappointment with the latest fill, that's a real bummer. I'm in Miami and I know for a fact that my doctor does fills on folks he didn't do the surgery on, even those who have gone to Mexico for their surgery. I don't know if Miami is closer to you than Tampa, but if you're interested, I'll give you his name and number just in case, he's Dr. Eddie Gomez, 305-285-5090. He is located out of Mercy hospital here on the beach side. If you need his address just let me know and I'll look it up for you.

Good luck with your search, hope this information will be helpful for you.

Cindy