Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you do for a living?

Up until about a year ago, I was a software tester. But now, my wonderul husband supports me while I am persue my life long dream of having a career as photographer. When I'm famous you all can say you knew me when. :photo:

I am The VP of Domestic Engineering at T.Household.

I also supervise the upbringing of 2 DD ages 8 and 4.

In otherwords a SAHM and love it!!!

Three years ago I was a Mental Health Counselor for the county (clinician of the year hold your applause please), I went on long national disaster assignments with the Red Cross - twelve total (I've done some famous ones), and I always wanted to have an herb garden.

:humble:

Then, we got pregnant and I decided to stay home with my DD now 2.

I fingerpaint, scrapbook, watch Barney, and I am going to have one heck of a garden this year (I'm adding blueberries, rhubarb, sunflowers, and a "salad patch"). Mommyhood is pretty good work, if you can get it. The money sucks, but my little slice of immortality is quite the benefits package.

Jill and Julie,

Did someone say vi, Unix, Oracle, sql ....I am in the same boat with you all, a professional Geek.

Jill and Julie,

Did someone say vi, Unix, Oracle, sql ....I am in the same boat with you all, a professional Geek.

Welcome, fellow techie (aka Geek - LOL) :biggrin1:

I teach PreKindergarten and PPCD(special ed. PreK) in a small town in Texas. I love teaching and mothering my students.

Mary

I am what you call "Semi-retired". I owed a Retail Fuel Oil & Service Company on Long Island, NY, small, we did around 1 million gallons a year. Then because of being too fat and unhealthy, (also no children wanted to take over the company) so after 30 years, I quit and sold the company to a bigger fish. I got the Band installed and am now living in Sunny Florida, and lov'in it big time. I now do Rental Prop., buying and selling real estate, and a lot of lofing around, LOL, Not really, the fact is I have no idea where I found the time to work, LOL.

This is a great thread, it's way cool to see what others are doing for a living. You guy's have some really neat job's. Almost's make me want to get back into the work field...... NOT !!!!!

Butch

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to this site. My friend KarenJ told me about it at our support meeting. Finally have an opportunity to check it out. Actually, I'm not in the mood to work :hat: . Cool site. I work in healthcare in outpatient education. I'm a pre-bandster:hungry: with a tenative date of June 9th :clap2: .

See at the next meeting KarenJ, same place/same time. Next time we bowl :heh:

Melissa Lea

Boy most of you have great "jobs". Well, I wouldn't trade my job for anything in the world,but I am, and have been a Stay at Home Mom for almost 10 years! EEK! I have a "never use" degree in Criminal Justice. I don't think I will ever use it either, I like my current job too much. :clap2:

Wow! Such interesting occupations.

I'm currently in my 16th year of teaching elementary music in TX. I'm certified in other areas but have always taught music. Most of the time it's fantastic, but every now and then dealing with close to 600 personalities will take its toll.

I'm also working on my Masters in Education through an online program at Grand Canyon University. It's definitely been an interesting experience learning and not being in a real classroom. I'm finding out just how self motivated I can be to get things done.

Audra

Hey everbody,

I kinda disappeared for a few months, but I thought that I'd say hi. I'm a Child/Adolescent and Adult Psychiatrist. I work for a community mental health agency serving indigent patients. I also see a few people for pre-WLS evaluation.

I am the Publisher for a church in Conroe (really close to you). I also sell Avon anywhere I can.