Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omg I'm Going In For Lap Band Surgury In About An Hour

Well I'm getting ready to go in for my very first surgery. I'm nervous and exited all at once wish me luck! I'll try to let yall know how I feel. Here we go.

Hang in there. It will be a tough few days at first. I really regreted having the surgery for the first 3 days, then things started getting better. I was banded in Sept and have lost 87 lbs. Nobody noticed the first 35 so don't get discouraged if that happens. Follow all the rules, eat slow, small bites, stay hydrated and enjoy the results.

Awesome!! You have so many incredible and wonderful things ahead of you!! If you didn't take before pics and your measurements before your surgery, be sure to do that as soon as you can -- you will want that info later.

Do your very best to stick to your post-op diet, and try to keep it on the straight and narrow during "Bandster Hell" as well as you can (that's the period when you're on normal food but don't have restriction yet.. I gained 5 lbs during it... mine fell during Thanksgiving...). :)

The band really works. Embrace it, make a plan for success, and get ready to finally stop feeling bad about your weight and what you eat.

With very best wishes for your success,

Catherine

Congratulations on being BANDED! I can't wait....keep us posted..

Blann

Congrats! I've never had surgery either, so please let us know how it all went! Best wishes for a speedy recovery :)

I was BANDED yesterday morning 8am! Yesterday was really rough. Today is better. The hardest part is abdominal soreness. But you gotta walk around as much as you can.

Thanks everyone for the great posts and info. Getting a little nervous as my Friday 6/15 surgery rapidly approaches.

My whole body is in multiple layers of muscle spasms and I can't seem to shake it with walking, breathing exercises, meds... Only thing that helps is Deep Tissue Massage so heading for one now. Anyone else stressed?

Good luck! I go for consultation tomorrow morning! I'm super excited!!!

Well guys I'm alert enough to post. I'll give a play by play. I went in at eight they were very quick to get me in. They are so nice and understanding about your nerves. They put in an iv made me pee in a cup just to make sure I wasn't prego lol. My tubes are tied no trouble there. Took off my jewelry and ring ext.. wheeled me back gave me happy juice. They wheeled me on operating room on a stretcher. I was awake to move to operating table. Then I got a shot and out I went. I woke up to not being able to breath as they pulled the tube from my mouth. That was a bit scary. Then I awoke again in the recovery. Yes I was in pain and very nauseous but they quickly gave me lots of pain meds and fenergrin. I had to swallow this barium so they could see me drink it ess pretty cool watching that in x ray. Then took out my iv discharge instructions and home I went.gas bubble moving around. Most ppl toot I've been belching. Gas ex strips pain meds fenergrin I'm good to go guys. I still havnt been up yet. My doc said I need to move around tomorrow. My husband is super man for sure. It hurts but I know the results are gonna be good. Goodluck guys! And thanks for the support and if you have anymore questions let me know. I know how scary it is. Oh and I feel like I did 1 million crunches then someone punched me in the tummy. And my throat is very dry!!!

Well guys I'm alert enough to post. I'll give a play by play. I went in at eight they were very quick to get me in. They are so nice and understanding about your nerves. They put in an iv made me pee in a cup just to make sure I wasn't prego lol. My tubes are tied no trouble there. Took off my jewelry and ring ext.. wheeled me back gave me happy juice. They wheeled me on operating room on a stretcher. I was awake to move to operating table. Then I got a shot and out I went. I woke up to not being able to breath as they pulled the tube from my mouth. That was a bit scary. Then I awoke again in the recovery. Yes I was in pain and very nauseous but they quickly gave me lots of pain meds and fenergrin. I had to swallow this barium so they could see me drink it ess pretty cool watching that in x ray. Then took out my iv discharge instructions and home I went.gas bubble moving around. Most ppl toot I've been belching. Gas ex strips pain meds fenergrin I'm good to go guys. I still havnt been up yet. My doc said I need to move around tomorrow. My husband is super man for sure. It hurts but I know the results are gonna be good. Goodluck guys! And thanks for the support and if you have anymore questions let me know. I know how scary it is. Oh and I feel like I did 1 million crunches then someone punched me in the tummy. And my throat is very dry!!!

And and the doc said my liver looked great and super shrunk even though in my birthday at restraunt I ate a very tiny peace of bread. And I ate a little carbless meal once a night. And when I had that horrible sensation for crunchy carb I ate a few pork rines no carbs little fat they did the trick. So rest assure if you cheat a little little bit don't beat yourself up About it I did I lost 20 l bs and the dic was very pleased.

Thanks everyone for the great posts and info. Getting a little nervous as my Friday 6/15 surgery rapidly approaches.

My whole body is in multiple layers of muscle spasms and I can't seem to shake it with walking' date=' breathing exercises, meds... Only thing that helps is Deep Tissue Massage so heading for one now. Anyone else stressed?[/quote']

Me too, I am scheduled for the same day! I am so. Stressed as well, good luck to you.

Hi my surgery day is July 18, I want to see anyone explain me what is the pre-op diet.

It is a low fat low carb high Protein diet some Dr put you on the shrinks our fatty livers to prepare for surgery your liver hangs over the area that the surgeon puts the band on so he needs it small & as healthy as can be