Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

List Of "mushy Foods" Please Let There Be Salmon On That List.

Banded May 24th so next week I will be on Mushy Foods, sounds terrible, but I will survive with your help. So Mushy means what? Soft potatoes, sweet potatoes, scrambled eggs, ground turkey, salmon (I hope) can I have salad (another hope)

Is there somewhere on this forum- recipes that we can use. Thanks so much for all your time and energy that you use to answer my questions

Lassie

Banded May 24th so next week I will be on Mushy Foods, sounds terrible, but I will survive with your help. So Mushy means what? Soft potatoes, sweet potatoes, scrambled eggs, ground turkey, salmon (I hope) can I have salad (another hope)

Is there somewhere on this forum- recipes that we can use. Thanks so much for all your time and energy that you use to answer my questions

Lassie

While I was limited to "mushies", I ate the Proteins I wanted to by pureeing everything in the blender. Even white meat chicken, with a little chicken broth added to increase the moisture level of the chicken.

Actually, everything went into the blender...one of my all time favorites is pureed cantaloupe. Absolutely refreshing cold!

I believe that there is a place on the forum for sharing recipes. I have preferred to keep everything basic and simple, I guess much easier for me as there are no children living at home now.

Congratulations on your progress!

love cantaloupe, do you know if I can have salad yet?

At this stage my doc and nutritionist allowed me to eat deli turkey and chicken. I tried beef and ham and they were still too rough to get down. Salmon was on my list as was orange roughy and cod. I'm in the green zone now and salmon is one of my favs. Although I've learned to cook just enough to eat and no leftovers. Some leftovers tend to be too dry and get stuck no matter how much I chew.

tmf

love cantaloupe, do you know if I can have salad yet?

No, salad greens and other raw veggies would not be good choices for this stage of post op eating. I was advised to wait until at least 6 weeks post op before trying any raw or steamed veggies.

I missed salads so much...so much so that now every day lunch has raw baby spinach and a lean Protein or hard boiled egg.

Tilapia and canned peaches go down really easy.

I used to make salmon pate with blended salmon and 0 % cream cheese , and would do the same with smoked salmon too .. other fish i found a little harsh like tuna :)

My doctor wouldnt consider salad a mushie at all and i dont think your stomach will either :) u are still quite early on in the process so u are still healing , take it slow and all will be fine :)

Hi ... I'm new to this but wanted to help you with a recepie I have and it goes great with this mushie stage (which I'm still in myself)

I buy a rotisserie chicken. I remove both breast meat from it and I shred it. I then put one teaspoon of mayo (light) and about 3 of sour cream (lowfat) and mustard I get a small onion and a couple of stalks of celery and I grind it until its almost purred. A little salt and pepper and garlic powder... (I add smoked paprika -- I love that) misx it all well and ENJOY!

The chicken is already soft because of the way it's made and just chew it well...

Works well with tuna also!

Good luck!

Hi ... I'm new to this but wanted to help you with a recepie I have and it goes great with this mushie stage (which I'm still in myself)

I buy a rotisserie chicken. I remove both breast meat from it and I shred it. I then put one teaspoon of mayo (light) and about 3 of sour cream (lowfat) and mustard I get a small onion and a couple of stalks of celery and I grind it until its almost purred. A little salt and pepper and garlic powder... (I add smoked paprika -- I love that) misx it all well and ENJOY!

The chicken is already soft because of the way it's made and just chew it well...

Good luck!

I love costco rotisserie chicken. It's usually bigger than the regular chicken in a grocery store. But, I too do the same. I add curry to mine but I'm going to try the paprika cuz I love paprika. I also use plain lowfat yogurt in place of the sour cream. I don't puree anything anymore but I mince it good. The dark chicken that's left over makes an easy meal once you're beyond the mushie stage and can eat solids. Good Post!

tmf

I used to make salmon pate with blended salmon and 0 % cream cheese , and would do the same with smoked salmon too .. other fish i found a little harsh like tuna :)

My doctor wouldnt consider salad a mushie at all and i dont think your stomach will either :) u are still quite early on in the process so u are still healing , take it slow and all will be fine :)

Thanks for letting me know I will try and have more patience

Lassie

Good luck!

thanks for taking the time to reply I will try this, hope everythng is going well for you

Lassie

I love costco rotisserie chicken. It's usually bigger than the regular chicken in a grocery store. But, I too do the same. I add curry to mine but I'm going to try the paprika cuz I love paprika. I also use plain lowfat yogurt in place of the sour cream. I don't puree anything anymore but I mince it good. The dark chicken that's left over makes an easy meal once you're beyond the mushie stage and can eat solids. Good Post!

tmf

Can i not use the dark meat the same way? I prefer the dark meat and my husband like the white.

Lassie

Lassie, sure you can use the dark meat. I like dark meat during my meal but I use the white meat to make the chicken salad. You could reverse that but just be aware that dark meat has a higher fat content and go easy.

tmf

Thank you I love it when I get the answer I want lol