Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Getting Banded In July?

I'm getting Banded on July 27th. Almost as exciting as getting engaged eh? I'm loving this site. What a wealth of info.

I start my two weeks of Protein diet on July 13, just Protein Drink and green veggies allowed...I'm a little worried about sticking to it but realize how important it is to ensure a good outcome.

I'm schedule for July 31.

my surgery is july 10 on tuesday morning can't wait already lost 11 lbs just on the Protein Shakes and broth.< /p>

my surgery is july 10 on tuesday morning can't wait already lost 11 lbs just on the Protein Shakes and broth.< /p>

Good for you! I am the same day and I have not been doing so well on my diet!

just got banded today! home already and feeling GREAT. everyone who hasn't been banded yet, it is so much less scary than all my expectations and i'm feeling very minimal pain and gas. I'M SO EXCITED FOR ALL OF YOU NOW!!! I can already tell this is a great decision for me! Good luck to you all!

I have sort of an advantage as I live by myself with my dog. My girlfriend canceled our 4th celebration so that I could sit here by myself and not have to worry about outside influence. Prio to starting prep liquid, I cleaned out my fridge so there is nothing in there to go to - it works for me. Yesterday I had my pre surgery work basically just a blood draw and hospital procedures. Today I had an endoscopy and colonoscopy, on the endo dr found a little hernia that he will fix during the lap-band surgery. The colonoscopy was a failure as the eves prep didn't do its job and he could not see anything, it sure felt like it did it's job but I wasn't the guy looking down my colon so I guess that will have to be rescheduled but won't interfere with the lap band. Have you had your pre surgery tests yet?

Fred

I have to do my presurgery blood work, chest x-ray and EKG asap. I work a 12 hours shift tonight, get done at 6:30 am & hoping I will have the energy to do it at 7:30 am tomorrow morning, so it will be done & out of the way and hopefully cleared for surgery. I would really hate for this to hold me back for some reason, I wonder why they don't this stuff sooner....like before you schedule surgery & take time off work. I'm on my 4th day of Pre-Op and feeling a bit wierd, kinda light headed...hoping it passes soon, it's gonna be a long night at work...Hope all is well with you! ~Maria

ME too! I was banded also today Bandette! How are you feeling?

I agree wholeheartedly! The op was really nothing to ever get worried about!

Keeping you in my mind!

I am getting banded on July 20th. Second day of pre-op.....so far feeling ok. I am getting excited and apprehensive at the same time. :)

I am getting banded on July 20th. Second day of pre-op.....so far feeling ok. I am getting excited and apprehensive at the same time. :)

Hey! We should be lap band buddies. I also get banded on the 20th

Only 2 more days to wait!! Who else is getting banded July 9th??? I just booked a hotel for the night before to allow more sleep time (if I can sleep that is), I have to arrive at 6:30am and my Band will be placed at 8am!!

Atttention to everyone banded so far........How are you all feeling after the band?

I had the realize band on July 5th, so I'm 2 days post op. I was feeling much better than I expected, but the gas pains began yesterday. I'm walking, walking, taking gas x strips, and that is the worst part. Barely had anything to eat since op. Just not hungry and with the bloating it doesn't really want to go down. Pain is very minimal, only when I get in and out of bed or the coach. This is not bad!

Good luck tomorrow

How are you feeling?

I have to do my presurgery blood work, chest x-ray and EKG asap. I work a 12 hours shift tonight, get done at 6:30 am & hoping I will have the energy to do it at 7:30 am tomorrow morning, so it will be done & out of the way and hopefully cleared for surgery. I would really hate for this to hold me back for some reason, I wonder why they don't this stuff sooner....like before you schedule surgery & take time off work. I'm on my 4th day of Pre-Op and feeling a bit wierd, kinda light headed...hoping it passes soon, it's gonna be a long night at work...Hope all is well with you! ~Maria

This is my 6th day of liquid, not sure I may have slipped last night. We were out(date) and I felt a low episode coming on so I jumped into a chinese place and bought a large egg drop Soup, it fixed the low but I feel a little funny about possible cheating. Not loosing any sleep over it though. I don't envy you on the 12 hr shifts, I did that for many years with the Navy and the airlines - Communications.

Fred

ME too! I was banded also today Bandette! How are you feeling?

I agree wholeheartedly! The op was really nothing to ever get worried about!

Keeping you in my mind!

i went in expecitng the worst. I have never had surgery and the post op symptoms (nausea, pain, etc) that people have mentioned on here got me nervous. But yesterday I felt great. This morning waking up was a bit sore and the gas was a little more settled and therefore painful. I went for a 10 minute walk outside (before it got hot) and felt much better. I am starting to bruise a little more today and can feel more pain around my belly button incision where my port is, but it really isn't bad. I'm icing now. I took a few gas X strips today to help with the gas but burping has been quite fun :)

how are you doing?? I am surprised about being able to swallow Water and my Clear Liquids so easily, although I think the gulps might be contributing to the gas. They added 3cc of saline to my bad when they put it in yesterday so he said i should have some restriction. Considering I haven't eaten since Wed night and am not hungry I believe him. I do suggest drinking things with calories though. I had an apple juice yesterday night and it really helped with a headache I was having. We can't just drink water for 4 days lol. But still, feeling great! Good luck to everyone else!!

This is my 6th day of liquid, not sure I may have slipped last night. We were out(date) and I felt a low episode coming on so I jumped into a chinese place and bought a large egg drop Soup, it fixed the low but I feel a little funny about possible cheating. Not loosing any sleep over it though. I don't envy you on the 12 hr shifts, I did that for many years with the Navy and the airlines - Communications.

Fred

Today is day #5 for me, I feel ok so far but I just woke up so, lol. I wouldn't say you slipped, that was way better then the alternative really. Can I ask what you mean by a low? Is it like light headedness or just the strong urge to have something Other then what you can have, lol. I'm off day & tomorrow, which actually makes it harder more time sitting in my chair, watching tv and that's when I realized that this is where I ate for bordem. So, now I gotta find something else to do. Very glad I cleaned out my shelves & fridge so i can't have anything that I well, can't have. So, we shall see how these days off go...

Glad you're doing well, keep up the good work! ~Maria