Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Getting Banded In July?

I don't know - it seems like every surgeon is a little different...The endoscopy is they go down your throat with a scope and check it all out - they can see if you have Hiatal Hernia this way and he will know if he needs to repair it when he goes in to band me! It is probably just another great way for them to make money?!?!

I have had surgery in the past(tonsils, hesterectomy, gall bladder)they normally give me Valuim( or something similar) it doesn't knock me out but it does make me relax I pretty much don't care what's going on around me . If it's your first surgery or you feel extra nervous just ask and they will give it to you Now I have had enough surgeries to not need it( although sometimes they just give it to you anyways) once they start the IV you fall asleep and wake up and everything is done. I normally don't even know what happened until I start to move around alittle don't worry

I just got approved this week! Surgery date July 13.

so happy for you Congrats and good Luck

July 6th!!! I'm supposed to start my preop diet today but I haven't bought everything to start so I will do it starting sunday. Hopefully 12 days of diet will be enough to shrink my liver :)

Hey everybody,

I finally got the call yesterday that I was approved. It's been a long process, but so worth the patience. I feel like I should be more nervous, but the excitement is defiantly trumping it! Congrats July Bandsters to our new chapter change. This site is an amazing support system &I love how positive the people are here. My date is July 25th

Yay!! I'm July 10!!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Hello all my July bandbuddies!

DeAnn N~Are you saying that you never felt them give you the gas(general anesthesia)? That's the only thing I am worried about with the surgery. Had terrible halucinations from that and very scared to go through it again.

Supposedly, if I can get my 10% together. I have so much on my plate, but July something is the goal. Docs out of town on a conference, so I won't know the exact July date until Monday.

But I am in however I have to do it.

July 11 for me can't wait.

July 5th for me! Mine was postponed from May 23rd, but I've got the green light now. Getting nervous, getting hungry on this pre op diet, but getting excited, too. Good luck to us!

I'm not having one of them!

So has anyone else had the pre-sedative before going under, if so what does it feel like?

Please reply cause i know i am gonna need it so i want to know what it is like.

Thanks people. :)

I had to have two endoscopies for pains; found out it was an ulcer, no biggie. They put an IV in your arm and you go to sleep very quickly; you are home in three hours and feel groggy for two days. You can do it! Just keep the end in sight! Good luck!