Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dude,

Doing some exercise is great, but did you know that one of the causes of band slips is failure to follow the post-op diet progression?

No but thank you for your input. Although I don't make a practice of it...it seems like you can almost eat anything right now....

All things are permissible, but not all things are beneficial. 1Cor 10:23

"Tru 'dat!" - Lil' Wayne

No but thank you for your input. Although I don't make a practice of it...it seems like you can almost eat anything right now....

I feel your pain. Been there myself. I guess that's why we call it Bandster Hell!

A couple of us are about 2 weeks post op from Dr. Kuri's surgery. I'm curious if any of you have a sore/tender spot still right where the port incision site is.

What is strange for me is my incision area is not sore but about 2-3 inches away from where the port incision is still very tender. I'm curious if any of you are experiencing the same thing.

I know this is the area Dr. Kuri put the port in as he pointed to the incision site where he said he placed the port. What is strange is the incision site is not sore at all...but 2-3 inches away from the incision site it still is.

Hope you all are doing well !!!!

Thoughts/Opinions?

A couple of us are about 2 weeks post op from Dr. Kuri's surgery. I'm curious if any of you have a sore/tender spot still right where the port incision site is.

What is strange for me is my incision area is not sore but about 2-3 inches away from where the port incision is still very tender. I'm curious if any of you are experiencing the same thing.

I know this is the area Dr. Kuri put the port in as he pointed to the incision site where he said he placed the port. What is strange is the incision site is not sore at all...but 2-3 inches away from the incision site it still is.

Hope you all are doing well !!!!

Thoughts/Opinions?

Your incision may not be directly over your port. My port started out an inch or so to the side of my incision (can't remember which side), and after surgery to correct a port flip, my port was an inch or so south of my incision.

How are all of us that got Dr. Kuri's surgery doing? I'm on a holding pattern with 13-15lbs weight loss. I wish it would be more...but have literally hit a road block the last 2 weeks with weight loss.

On my part, I think my weight loss will improve if I stick to the 1200 calorie diet (which sometimes I do and sometimes I don't) and my first couple of fills should improve weight loss as well.

This is really just a tool...we have to work hard and discipline ourselves. Hoping everyone's band journey is successful and that everyone is transitioning nicely.

P.S. My port area is a lot better now. A couple of antibiotics did the trick...

Thoughts/Opinions?

Doing well! but I hear you on the road block. I'm at 20lbs lost and the last week or 2 has been tough. I worked out at the gym yesterday for the first time; nothing too heavy, about 50% of max. just to get back on track and jogged for about 5 min. to end. I'v been trying to make sure that I don't eat anything (OK sometimes a snack) after 7PM. That has been a real help in re-starting the weight loss; I took off 2 1/2 lbs. last week. Can't wait to get a fill!

Doing well! but I hear you on the road block. I'm at 20lbs lost and the last week or 2 has been tough. I worked out at the gym yesterday for the first time; nothing too heavy, about 50% of max. just to get back on track and jogged for about 5 min. to end. I'v been trying to make sure that I don't eat anything (OK sometimes a snack) after 7PM. That has been a real help in re-starting the weight loss; I took off 2 1/2 lbs. last week. Can't wait to get a fill!

This hits home to me....I've been cheating a little bit in terms of eating past 7pm. Many thanks for the reminder.....as it is important to develop good habits post op as it will have long term benefits.

Cheers brother !

P.S. How is everyone else doing?

Hey believe me I haven't had a perfect record on the after 7PM thing. Other than that everything is great. So busy at work (which being on 100% commission is a good thing). How about you?

Thought I would give everyone an update and also check in to see how you all are doing. Going for my first fill tomorrow. Have to drive 4 hours (one way) to get this done. The lady seems nice and it looks like it will be $195 for the first intial visit and $95 for follow-up fills.

In terms of weightloss...I'm still stuck at around 10-13 lbs of weight loss (which is discouraging) so I'm hoping a fill will help with some of the weightloss. I just need to get better at my responsibility rather than relying on the band help with the weightloss. Admitedly...I have failed at my responsibility.

The good news is...this leg of the lapband journey is a new season (living and going for fills).

2 Questions For You All:

1) Have you gotten your fills yet? If so..what was your experience afterwords in terms of your body adjusting to new food portions?

2) Any good news on the weightloss part of your journey so far? I

Hey Dude where you been?

Had my first fill end of Nov. 3cc in 10cc band. It hasn't changed anything on what I can & cannot eat. Still stick to 1cup of food, Protein first & drinking a lot of Water.< /p>

At my 6wk visit I have lost 36lbs and Dr said it was all me b/c band wasn't restrictive yet, but promised it would be soon.

Scheduled for 2nd fill Jan 6.

Dr also told me on average restriction comes between 4 & 7.5cc

Hello there MD!

I've had two fills since being banded on 10/5. I'm down 42 lbs

After the fills I didn't notice anything different about what I can or cannot eat. I eat the same. I just stay full a little longer.

I still eat way too fast and don't chew like I should ( for sure).

I am sure that my band will teach me a thing or two about that at my next fill or so.

I have the realize band 14cc and I'm at 4.5 fill so far.

GL to you!

I have a 4 CC band and although I can pretty much eat anything....if I eat too much...my band definately lets me know. I'm thinking if I get a .5 cc fill (in a 4cc band which equals a 20% fill) I'm sensing I would feel something different but who knows.

It is my hope that you do feel a little less hungry than I do know. But I do still need to get in a habit to take my Protein drinks every morning when I wake up. This must be done :)

Any other thougths out there?

I have a 4 CC band and although I can pretty much eat anything....if I eat too much...my band definately lets me know. I'm thinking if I get a .5 cc fill (in a 4cc band which equals a 20% fill) I'm sensing I would feel something different but who knows.

It is my hope that you do feel a little less hungry than I do know. But I do still need to get in a habit to take my Protein drinks every morning when I wake up. This must be done :)

Any other thougths out there?

Let us know what happens. Your Protein is very important.

Good Luck with fill!