Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I everyone. I got the lapband surgery on april 13 2012. At that time i was positive that it would be a good thing for me.

I understand that that this is a tool, but someone please help me. I lost 7lbs with the pre-op diet. I didn't drop a single pound since the surgery. I have followed the post op instructions to a tee. I count calories everyday, and do not exceed 1000-1200 calories. I make healthy choices, have at least 65 grams of protien, drink 9 glasses of Water everday.

Still, i havent dropped a single pound. I am six weeks out, and i give up.

7 lbs in six weeks, with no cheating. I seriously give up.

I didnt drop a single pound post op. I feel so stupid because i am self pay. 16000 dollars is a huuuuuuge amount of money. My only positive is that only hubby knows about the surgery.

Please dont think im hear to whine. I just dont know what to do. Even excercise hasnt helped.

Please someone guide me, because i give up.

Sandy, you need to hang in there. Sometimes a good rant and getting it all out of your system is helpful but other times, negative self-talk will only bring you further down.

I hope you feel better when I say that YOU ARE NORMAL! Actually, I shouted that to make sure that you hear it. YOU ARE NORMAL!

It is normal not to lose weight in the immediate post op period.

It is normal to feel frustrated and wonder why you went through all of this.

Don't give up. You are still at the start of your journey. Once you get some fills and restriction, and your body gets used to operating on smaller portions, you will see the results you are looking for.

In the meantime, have your tried journaling to be sure about your calorie count and exercise burns? Many lap banders use myfitnesspal.com for this. There is a group for bandsters on there, too.

Also, get back with your support team and ask specific questions about the types and quantities of foods that you are eating, the levels of exercise. Ask for their help, that is what they are there for.

Do not give up, you are normal. Hang in there and you will succeed.

I really didn't start losing weight until my 3 or 4th fill. I lost 12 pounds between July. 5 A

I really didn't start losing weight until my 3 or 4th fill. I lost 12 pounds between July. 5 A

Sorry had a problem with device. I lost only 12 pounds between July 5 and January 1. Then I lost 22 in 3 months. Thi pa

Wow your doctor has you on more calories than me. I'm only allowed 800 calories. Im just 6 days post op so I can't say much about weight loss but it's just amazing how doctors can have different instructions.

hang in there i am 2 1/2 years out i lost 5 to 7 pounds a month slower is better because it gives your skin time to adjust i am to say i am at goal and have had the skin removed. just stay with it it will happen give your body time to heal you will be at goal before u know it

I everyone. I got the lapband surgery on april 13 2012. At that time i was positive that it would be a good thing for me.

I understand that that this is a tool, but someone please help me. I lost 7lbs with the pre-op diet. I didn't drop a single pound since the surgery. I have followed the post op instructions to a tee. I count calories everyday, and do not exceed 1000-1200 calories. I make healthy choices, have at least 65 grams of protien, drink 9 glasses of Water everday.

Still, i havent dropped a single pound. I am six weeks out, and i give up.

7 lbs in six weeks, with no cheating. I seriously give up.

I didnt drop a single pound post op. I feel so stupid because i am self pay. 16000 dollars is a huuuuuuge amount of money. My only positive is that only hubby knows about the surgery.

Please dont think im hear to whine. I just dont know what to do. Even excercise hasnt helped.

Please someone guide me, because i give up.

Please don't give up on your efforts to loose weight...this is a journey, and not an event! It takes time, and begins with baby steps...

You did not mention if you had received any pre op nutrition education from a dietitian. If you have not yet met with a dietitian, it would be a helpful to do so. I was required to have 2 appointments with the dietitian and take a 3 hour nutrition class pre op and it has made a difference for me.

The only other information I want to add is that I was advised to never count calories by my surgeon. I was given a comprehensive book which had food choice guidelines outlined for every stage of our diet.

Each meal consists of 3 oz of lean Protein, and 2 oz of a Fiber carb. One of the carb choices every day can be a complex carb (IE. sweet potato).

Also stressed to me was the need to measure my portions by volume after the food is cooked, take small bites, chew thoroughly, and a meal can last only 20 minutes. When you feel full, you must stop eating...

I hope this information helps...and I would definitely consult with my surgeon about how you are feeling.

You can do this, and we generally do better when we have some emotional support.

Good luck!

It could be many reasons why u arent losing weight, having a band fitted is probably the least likely :)

Now u have to examine calories eaten calories burned, you dont mention exercise or how much you are doing, even if its only walking it still burns calories. Also a difference of 200 calories per day may not seem a lot but if u arent exercising it is quite a lot more than it appears, if u arent doing much u need to eat as fewer cal;ories as possible, so i would try 1000 calories a day and no more ...

i wasnt a lucky person and had to fight for every lbs i lost, which did include counting all calories and counting how many i burned with exercise. Some foods are heavy on carbs and sugar and fat which u need to avoid, same as salty processed food and anything processed and white except 0% dairy .. anything else that is white is a no no.

Yes some people can lose weight eating pretty much anything just small portions and some lose weight not counting calories, but it sounds like u are very finely balanced and u need to be extra vigilent in what and how much u eat. get some exercise in and reduce your calories slightly and make sure those calories are superfoods like broccoli and Beans and chilli etc all to kick up your metabolism.

good luck i am sure the scales will start moving soon :)