Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Air In Shoulders And Chest

I was only banded on Friday. The thing that is bothering me most is the air or gas in my shoulders and upper chest. How long does it take to get rid of this? Any suggestions? I haven't had a bit of trouble drinking liquids, but the gas part really hurts.

Thanks!

Walk walk walk. A heating pad was a lifesaver for me. Also, many say gas-x strips can help dissipate it, even though they just go through the digestive tract, they CAN help with the gas in your chest.

I did laps up and down my hallway. Walking really is the best thing to get the gas moving out.

It will pass....Gas X strips....work well I have been told. I lucked out on that issue. Had 5 packages of the Gas X strips ready and waiting...did not need them.

You are just getting started....good luck.

Heating pad was my best friend. It will pass- mine lasted til about Day 8-9 post-op.

I had the same thing. In fact I thought this hurt worse then my incisions. It will go away soon. I don't have any suggestions sorry. Hang in there : )

I was banded Thursday and having same issues. I'm ok until I eat... So I eat some broth or jello... Then take a walk... Gettin somewhat better for me .... Good luck!

I was banded Friday also and the pain was horrible, until I got the gasx strips!! They worked like magic and thank god I feel great I still have some discomfort in the port area but ice helps with that!! Good luck to us!!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I have these pains too! (Also banded on Friday). Today seems a little better, but it is so weird to feel the air/pain move when I change positions. I agree - gas pain is worse than incision pain but every time I walk I get rid of some (sorry to be gross but it's true).

i was banded wednesday and still having gas/bloating. Its not bad its more or less just annoying i cannot get my self to burp no matter what i do, but gravity has been helping remove the gas if you catch my drift. i would give anything just for a room clearing burp right now, hang in there!

I was only banded on Friday. The thing that is bothering me most is the air or gas in my shoulders and upper chest. How long does it take to get rid of this? Any suggestions? I haven't had a bit of trouble drinking liquids, but the gas part really hurts.

Thanks!

unfortunately this is a side effect that most of us have had to walk through. plenty of walking.. gas strips or whatever other meds you have for gas.... and try walking with your arms above your head for a while.(llock your hands above your head)_ i found this helped me a lot when the gas was reluctant to leave.

i didnt take any meds to relieve gas at all... i actually got myself through it. lol.

im finding now that i get a pain in my shoulderblade when im eating and i have to stop or ease up. its been a real learning curve.

Im sorry i dont have anymore tips for you... but walking seems to be the best way to move the gas.

These pains were bad for me. They didnt start right away either. I walked, used gas x, heating pad and drank Ginger tea. The Ginger tea made me burp so that was a little relief. The heating pad worked great as long as I had it on me- it relaxed me. I hope something works and gives you relief. I finally did, but I took so much and did so much not sure what actually worked.

I was banded Thursday. My gas pain in my shoulder is killing me! I'm walking and using gasx. I just wish it would move out

The gas pain were the WORSE...heating pad was my best friend too. When I needed to go to town I would rub my shoulder and chest with Ben-Gay. Mine lasted for about 8 or 9 days. Walking different even seem to help sometime. I still get it from time to time. Good luck and hope you feel better. I was banded the 18th and my biggest problem now is eating with my family and wanting what they have. I still on full liquid. But I'm 10lbs down.

I am on day 7 and I have a severe pain that is shooting thru my left shoulder that just started toniggt and the pains in my left chest has been uncomfortable from day one... What in the world is the pain in my shoulder from?? It's horrible and comes and goes