Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has The Band Actually Worked For You?

I WAS BANDED AUG 2 2011.I HAVE LOST 50 LBS SO FAR BUT TOOK 7 MOS FOR RESTRICTION.I NEED TO LOOSE 150 MORE.I LOVE THIS BAND AND IT WILL SAVE MY LIFE.WOULD DO IT AGAIN AND ONLY WISH I WOULD HAVE DONE THIS ALOT SOONER....

I have been banded 3 years

I don't have a specific goal for how much I want to loose, I was banded to keep from becoming diabetic, having sleep apnea, and high blood pressure.

I have lost 80 lbs and gained back 40.

I am extremely happy 10+ with my band. It is a tool, you have to use it for it to work.

I have been banded approx. 3yrs., 3 months.

Goal to lose: 70 lbs

weight loss; 30 lbs.

On scale of 1 to 10 with satisfaction of the band: 5

Because I was post menopausal when I had the band put in,I was told that if I did not exercise, it would not work for me.

I have not exercised. That is my fault.

The psychological exam before the surgery was a joke. Anyone who has dealt with being obese for years would easily give answers the psychiatrist wanted to hear, rather than the truth.

If you are still considering the band, listen to the people who say it is just a TOOL. That is what it is.

You will still have to plan out meals, write down what you eat, and exercise, ... as you did before the band. The band will allow you to eat portions that will satisfy you, and you can easily stick to the plan.

Concentrate on doing whatever you have to do to get to your goal, and the glory is, that the band will facilitate staying within 5 pounds of your goal weight a breeze compared to the past.

I found the support groups that I attened for the first 18 months to be very frustrating. They were pretty heavily populated with people who had Roux-En-Y surgery, and they do not have to deal with the same issues that we do. At the support groups, I was sold tupperware, and people brought lots of dessert recipes.

Let's face it, I was not obese because I had a lack of dessert recipes.< /p>

How to cook chicken and fish meals that are low fat and interesting, that I could use.

I am grateful that I do not have to obsess every day on what I eat, and get on a scale and have it show that I have gained weight anyway. I have stayed at the same weight for the last 2 years. No weight gain during the holidays, vacations, etc.

I do need to find a support group. Maybe I can still pull of the next 40 pounds and feel good about myself.

Before band, I ate more vegetables than the average person.

Now it is easy to 'fill my face' with a yogurt (which is fine on the healthy intake scale) , or a burrito from Taco Bell, etc. ... or something that does not go down well, ... like a half a bage and cream cheese, or a donut, so I deal with the 'stuck' feeling for the next few hours, but I skip a meal that way.

LOVING all of your posts!!! Thank you so much and keep them coming!!

WaitingPatiently raised a really good point and I wanted to respond by editing my original post above and adding....

"*Just to clarify, I'm not asking for success stories only (there is a super section under "forums" for that), but all types of stories so we can get a fuller perspective all in one post. I REALLY want replies from people who love the band and people who hate it, and everything in between. I love the success stories and totally empathize with those who are struggling. I'm looking for a TRUE picture from people with experience they are willing to share.."

1. How long have you been banded?............6 months 11/30/11

2. How much weight did want to lose?............ around 100 pounds

3. How much weight have you lost?............... 72 as of today

4. How happy are you that you have been banded: scale of 1-10 (1 being regretful, 10 being elated)

I now have my life back.....best decision I have made since picking out my hubby. Hope to lose another 35, as the doc has indicated that would great. 1-10 ? 20+

Good Luck

1. How long have you been banded?

13 months

2. How much weight did want to lose?

I didn't have a specific amount in mind. I just knew that I was morbidly obese and had to do something urgently and permanently.

3. How much weight have you lost?

62kg' date=' approx 135lb

4. How happy are you that you have been banded: scale of 1-10 (1 being regretful, 10 being elated)

Seriously, this has been the best think I have done for my health and I would do it again in a heartbeat if I needed to. Out cycling with friends this morning (yes, happily, willingly, voluntarily exercising), I told a friend that I had lost weight in the past but had always known that I would put it back on. The difference this time is that I know I will never regain that weight.[/quote']

That's great weight loss in only13 months keep it up

I was banded feb 9 2012. I've lost 42 lbs. I have about 20 to go. It took 112 days before I got good restriction. During that time I "dieted" just like the good old days. I didn't rely on the band. Now I have 8 cc in a 10cc band. Now the band has come alive as my partner. I'm glad I didn't waste my time playing overeater the first 112 days. I had faith it's paid off. I'm sliding into home base on a breeze. I am very thankful to have this band. It's like having the wind in my sail

I am beyond happy to read you post. I knew the beginning would be hard waiting for the right amount of fills. I am dieting and it is so hard. But I really wanted to hear someone else say the first few months were hard. I began to wonder if I would be the person it didn't work for. I am following the rules and eating very strictly but the weight loss is like when I have dieted before, slow like a half a pound or a pound a week after the first week when I lost ten. Thanks for givin me hope again.

I had the same exact concern.I talked to my Dr.about it pre band.he said because this is a support site u will get more extremes than the norm.most of the "normal" folks are just living with the band. I've seen is a lot of posts from people that have had the band for a yr or more and have just join the site when they have a problem. Also I actually see a lot from folks who have done way better than normal.

For me I was banded 4/6/12 lost 34 lbs so far including 2 week pre op from 3/23.my starting weight 339 today 305 my goal is 180.

I was banded on 3/19/12

I have had 1 fill

I weighed 231.8 before surgery

I now weigh 198.0 9 weeks post op

I live by the bandster rules.protein 1st. Don't drink before or right after a meal. Exercise at least 30 min a day.

I eat 75 to 100 gr of Protein and 101.4 oz or more of Water each day.

I exercise at least 45 minutes a day. I also have started taking an additional spinning class 3 days a week.

I watch u tube videos and Facebook with my weightloss surgery community everyday.

I know the tool I have is a tool and I have to work it.

My goal is 150 which means 48 more pounds to go.

I know that there is a window of time that is best time too loose the most which is a year to a year and a half and I will use it wisely.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcRyU9x/<br />weight.png<br />

P.s. being banded is a 10000 on the scale.the best thing that has ever ever ever happened to me.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcRyU9x/<br />weight.png<br />

I'm 5 weeks out and was 300lbs when band 4-24-12. Now 275 lbs on scale 1 to 10 on the band I'm so far 7 because I wish it was faster and more wieght loss. But, early , do who knows . Hoping for A 10 tho , :);

Oh and no fills yet

1. Banded one year five months.

2. Wanted to get to a size 16 from a 24...didn't think about pounds ( but roughly 160)

3. Lost 82 so far...and in a size 14...and some 12's.

4. New goal size 145-150...I am extremely happy and healthy on scale 10!

weight.png

How long been banded: 13 months

How much did I want to loose: 100 lbs originally (135 lbs is now my goal)

How much lost: 120 lbs

How happy 1-10: 10!

I jad tried for yrs to loose wt. I had a personal trainer & a lifestyle coach. food jas always been my issue. The band helped me gain the control I never could find on my own :) Love my band. Best decision I've ever made!

1. How long have you been banded?

nearly 2 years

2. How much weight did want to lose?

180 lbs total

3. How much weight have you lost?

120 lbs

10 - I always expected to be at goal in 18 months, but I'm very happy with the slow and steady progress I have made. It has helped me to realize that I will be able to maintain because I didn't have a great big huge weight loss all at once.