Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise Program

mdfinch
Sign in to follow this  

Yes, it really is. I was working out probably 6 days a week when I was on my 6 month diet, and I actually enjoy it now that I'm down to a smaller weight, I just lost some momentum. It's amazing how much planning our lives require now that we are banded. Every meal and every work out must be scheduled. Again this is a big challenge but I'm not giving up! I worked out Sunday, I believe Monday and then today. But I need to push it more. And I so appreciate all the support!!

I enjoy Zumba, belly dance, elliptical and recumbent bike. Always been interested in kick boxing and any type of dance. My life has gotten so hectic this summer but I need to MAKE time! I will NOT be a bandster who doesn't exercise and has flabby skin lol

thanks Debbie. I will :)

Natalie, success hinges on our exercise program. The band controls the amount we can eat, and we can choose what foods we eat, but the key to success is burning them calories (and getting enough Protein so we burn fat and not muscle)!

Besides, exercise gives you more energy and less stress! no matter how much it wears you out! if you need a class to be accountable, find one. If you need us to yell, errr support you.. we are here. Even though I haven't posted when I walk (which is my exercise at this point), I think of you ladies every time I walk, especially when I am not sure I want to. I can almost hear you all cheering me on or yelling, errr encouraging me to get off my butt. Hear us cheering you Natalie!!!

still hoping for a treadmill to find its way home to me... esp before the bad weather hits. but I have been having fun watching the sunrise as I walk the mile track around the lake. such a peaceful way to start my day. I never dreamed I would enjoy walking at 430 in the morning, before work!

My goal is eventually to be able to jog, even if its not far, but to jog for more than five feet, which is probably all I could do now! and to jog, without my flabby stomach flapping against my body making those disgusting noises. I've never been able to run my entire life, because I've always been heavy. I may never run a marathon, but I sure would like to jog the length of the street in front of our house.

Anyone have any specific exercise/activity goals for as they lose weight???

I so much love what you said here! This was the whole reason I started this group, so we would have the support we all need and to give help to each other. I believe that in a way we are all tied together as one big family now.

I need to up my game as well last 2 weeks I have fallen a little eating bigger portions and not pushing the exercise settling for a lunch walk for a mile I can do so much more!! I signed up for a better gym this week they have a pool so no excuses if its hot (don't sweat much in a pool!) I love our group as well and do find myself thinking of all of you wondering how your doing so keep pushing me!! We all are going through this journey together! Maybe one day when we hit our goals we can plan a vacation together for a weekend were we can all meet and show off our sexy Body's! :wub: I go today for another fill so I am hoping it helps with the hunger I have been feeling. I also feel my Port when I bend and have to adjust when doing Yoga mostly not the best feeling.... :blink:

Whymomwhy I was thinking the same thing but I was hoping we would all be ready to meet at the wl seminar. I think that they have it either in the spring or the fall in los vegas every year. I thought that would be a blast.

Whymomwhy I was thinking the same thing but I was hoping we would all be ready to meet at the wl seminar. I think that they have it either in the spring or the fall in los vegas every year. I thought that would be a blast.

That would be great I love Vegas in fact will be there in Oct this year!! We will have to see when it is and start saving for it LOL Yes I believe we will all make it in our goals!

So went to the doctor got another fill and asked about the soreness in the port when bending and he said it is all normal nothing to worry about it as long as it is just uncomfortable you will get used to it. I am going to start at the pool doing laps during lunch next week and then up my routine at night to @1 hour.

whymomwhy that sounds great! when do you want me to start asking your about the pool? Starting today or monday and how many a days do you plan to work out?

I plan on keeping up with my workout. Monday - Thursday doing 1 hr a day like I have been doing but I still would at least like to do 30 minutes on the weekend. Maybe just taking a leasurly walk. If I garden during the day that is great exercise but if I don't than I need to start doing something. keep me to this please ladies!

I will be starting Monday I hope it all depends on how busy I get at work, I sometimes dont take a lunch so I can get caught up with my work. We are understaffed in my dept and I am the supervisor so it falls on me if someone is out but if not at lunch I will be going after work for sure!! Mon-Thurs as well and hoping to start some on the weekends as well although I do keep active so I know I am burning calories.

I want to try pilates and yoga. Pilates the most though.

I love yoga and you don't notice how much you work until the next day when you move lol

I am very proud of all of you! You have all inspired me to keep going. The voices in the back of my head that say "no!! You can do better!" when I want to eat that piece of chocolate cake or stay on the couch. lol.

I went swimming for two hours today. It was 99 degrees in MN today so the pool felt great and burned lots of calories.

So how is every one work outs been going?

I will be starting Monday I hope it all depends on how busy I get at work, I sometimes dont take a lunch so I can get caught up with my work. We are understaffed in my dept and I am the supervisor so it falls on me if someone is out but if not at lunch I will be going after work for sure!! Mon-Thurs as well and hoping to start some on the weekends as well although I do keep active so I know I am burning calories.

whymom have you been getting to the pool?

lalaj have you been doing your pilates and yoga?

So how is every one work outs been going?

whymom have you been getting to the pool?

lalaj have you been doing your pilates and yoga?

I have up until I fractured my foot July 7th Hoping the doctor will let me go back in next week.

My workouts are going ok. I see a trainer 2x a week where she has me do 30 mins cardio then 15 mins abs/weights. The remaining 2-3 days I will do a DVD, swimming or cardio.

I haven't been as gung-ho with exercise lately but I am still forcing myself. Going to start Couch to 5k next week.

I will be in Atlanta this weekend but I will still exercise at least once in the hotel.

I try to walk min. Of 4 times a week 2-3 miles. My goal is to run a 3k! So I'm working up to it!