Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise Program

mdfinch
Sign in to follow this  

Ok so if your two weeks post op what exercise program are you doing?

Last monday I signed up at PF and have been going every day till Friday. I plan on going to the gym Monday - Friday and taking my 2 days off on the week end. I seen a trainer on Friday and he is putting together a strength training program for me to start Next week. so I think he said it will be every other day strenght training and the other days cardio. So Last week I worked out Monday - Friday for 1 hr each time. And That is what I would like to stick to 1 hr a day Monday - Friday.

So What do you plan to do for exercise???

I love this thread! I had a really great routine before surgery so my plan is to resume that. Just wish my energy was what it was before surgery :(

2 days a week I meet with a personal trainer for 1 hour. I do elliptical and weights with her.

The other 3 days, I will exercise for at least 30 minutes. I have an elliptical at home, so it will either be that, wii fit (I LOVE my MJ experience dance game), walk or workout DVD.

I used to go to Zumba every Monday night so my goal is to resume some type of exercise class in June.

I was told by the doctor to excercise 40 minutes a day for at least 4 days I plan on going 5 days a week and yoga on tuesday nights.

Just signed up for a belly dance class and I am pretty excited.

Just signed up for a belly dance class and I am pretty excited.

I want to do this with you! I have been wanting to do this forever. I bet it is lots of fun! I love dancing, I need to find a zumba class around here and a place to teach me belly dance also.

I love Doing Yoga it is relaxing and never realized how much I burned by doing it

I want to do this with you! I have been wanting to do this forever. I bet it is lots of fun! I love dancing, I need to find a zumba class around here and a place to teach me belly dance also.

Wish you lived closer so we could go together! Dancing is my favorite kind of workout too. It's a mental release for me and doesnt feel like "work".

Well ladies at least I know that three of us are following our dr. rules and really are wanting to lose the weight. come on, I know that there are others out there that want to lose weight. Please share with us your plans. We are here to help each other not to judge. Lets start helping!

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but since losing 29lbs I don't find that the excercise is as hard as it was before the weight loss I was on the treadmill and usually after 1/2 hour my heart rate would go over 200 and I would need to stop now it is steady at 140 yippee!!!

I havent started anything. I have my kids all day everyday and its difficult to get a regimen going, but I try to incorporate things that we can do together like dancing or chasing each other around the house. Little things like that. Oh and go for walks. Thats all I can do right now. I have Zumba on Xbox Kinect and The Biggest Loser on Kinect, when I have the time, I try to do that but my kids always wants to be involved and if you have a Kinect you know how sensitive the sensor is, theres no way I could ever make it :D

But my oldest daughter will be starting pre school in August so I'll have more time (hopefully) to workout. My little one sleeps for hours during nap time :)

I need to do something thats for sure

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but since losing 29lbs I don't find that the excercise is as hard as it was before the weight loss I was on the treadmill and usually after 1/2 hour my heart rate would go over 200 and I would need to stop now it is steady at 140 yippee!!!

Thats awesome! Keep up the good work :)

3 weeks PO tomorrow and I have to start something! I finally feel like I am recovered enough to start the treadmill and some light weights. Dr says not to lift more than 10 pounds for 4 weeks. I really thought I would have started exercising sooner but my recovery period was a bit rough. I had a hernia repaired during the lap band surgery and that really took it out of me! I can finally breathe! Tomorrow I hit the treadmill...no more excuses :)

I'm treadmilling it or walking around the lake that has a 1 mile track around it. That worked for me before my surgery, hoping that continues. I am even looking into buying a used treadmill that I can use at home. Cheaper than the gym in the long run, and I think I'd do it longer or more than once a day if it was more convenient.

I need to do something thats for sure

lalaj: exercise is the key, do something even if its only for 15-20 minutes. would your children participate in a walk or bike ride? If the Kinect is too sensitive for your children to participate, what about a regular DVD workout?

The best way to start an exercise program is just to start :)

sleepyone405--Bought a treadmill and few years ago and it's been a great investment. There really is no excuse not to work out it's right there in your house! :)

So I didn't treadmill it yesterday but did get out for walk. Plan to do the same today.