Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slight "discomfort" In Throat

Hey all, I have a question to try and see if I need to get an unfill.

I recently participated in an "extreme sports" challenge ... WARRIOR DASH. I was completing one of the obstacles where I had to climb up a roof with a rope. I made it to the top, but couldn't make it over, which resulted in me SLIDING down the side of the roof (maybe 15-20 feet). As soon as I got to the bottom I immediately felt a tightness in my chest and it was difficult to breathe. My friends grabbed my arms above my head and told me to calm down.

Long story short, things haven't been right since that day. The tightness in my chest and difficulty breathing subsided the same day, but I feel like my band is tighter than it was before I started the dash last week.

Now I feel like I am constantly feeling a tightness in the back of my THROAT (not in my chest where my band is). I feel it when I breathe, when I swallow, when I talk, etc. It doesn't hurt at all, but its sooooo annoying. I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this, or what this is.

Could this indicate that I need an unfill?

I would see your Dr and ask what they say. I don't know what you could have done to cause the breathing issues, but it doesn't sound right to me.

Its like there is a lump in the back of my throat, this is ALWAYS there .... sighhhhhhh. I am breathing fine now but i was 200% freaked out when I felt like I couldnt breathe normally on the course. I have an appt this coming week with my doctor so I'll ask him. Maybe he can look at my band on the xray

Hey all' date=' I have a question to try and see if I need to get an unfill.

I recently participated in an "extreme sports" challenge ... WARRIOR DASH. I was completing one of the obstacles where I had to climb up a roof with a rope. I made it to the top, but couldn't make it over, which resulted in me SLIDING down the side of the roof (maybe 15-20 feet). As soon as I got to the bottom I immediately felt a tightness in my chest and it was difficult to breathe. My friends grabbed my arms above my head and told me to calm down.

Long story short, things haven't been right since that day. The tightness in my chest and difficulty breathing subsided the same day, but I feel like my band is tighter than it was before I started the dash last week.

Now I feel like I am constantly feeling a tightness in the back of my THROAT (not in my chest where my band is). I feel it when I breathe, when I swallow, when I talk, etc. It doesn't hurt at all, but its sooooo annoying. I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this, or what this is.

Could this indicate that I need an unfill?[/quote']

Hey Sun. Just wanted to say that I'm doing warrior dash in August in ny! I'm having surgery in 2 days. How long after your surgery was the race?

Glad to hear you are seeing your dr. This doesn't sound like a band issue because of the way that it started - but I am NOT a dr. I would be thinking pulled muscle or something. Good luck. Hope all is ok.

Could this indicate that I need an unfill?

I think you definately need to get checked out. I know that must have been scary.

As for the feeling in your throat. I have had one since I got my first fill. Best way to describe it is a lump in the back of my throat. Its there all of the time especially when its been a while since I ate. There isn't any pain associated with it but it is annoying sometimes.---I know I don't need a unfill; I only have 2cc.

Anyway, if that is similar to what you are feeling, I just wanted to reassure you that its probably nothing to worry yourself about, but it is always best to get it checked out.

Go be seen. If not your surgeon, at least your primary care doc. My PCP will refer me to my surgeon if he things something might be band related.

SEE YOUR DOC..........I LEARNED THAT SINCE MY BAND, MY ALLERGIC/THROAT REACTION IS HORRIBLE. WENT TO MY SURGEON AND MY MD. SURGEON GAVE ME A GOOD TO GO....SUGAR FREE COUGH DROPS.????REALLY ???

MD GAVE ME 2 ALLERGY SHOTS AND NOW TAKING SINGULAR. MOST IMPORTANT GET AN ANSWER FROM A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL........

Kah, I was 2.5 moths post op when I did warrior dash. It was the HARDEST THING EVER! But I feel like I accomplished something and I "might' do it again.

I found this thread last night and I think it answered my question:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/topic/102919-lump-in-throat/page__p__1370626#entry1370626

I'll probably get an unfill when I go see the doctor. I have 4.25cc now in an 11cc band. I'll see if he takes out .5 or 1.0 cc if that makes a difference and let you guys know.