Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My one year Bandiversary...ok, a few days late!

Feb 28th was my magical one year mark. I used to hang out on this board with great regularity, and now I'm doing good if I lurk once or twice a month. What's the difference? Well, I'm free. I'm living my life. I feel great. I've forgotten all about my struggles with just wanting to be "normal." You see, I think that I AM normal.

You may look at my stats and think that I really haven't lost as much weight as one would expect after a year....why do I feel like I have accomplished so much? Well, that's because I finally GET it. It took me almost 9 months post-op to get there...but I'm there. What I'm talking about is "working with my band, developing lifetime habits that are GOOD for me," and now it comes natural.

Originally, my doc was conservative with his fills in my whopping Vanguard band. I didn't feel real restriction until somewhere around Oct.-Nov. Never even experienced the dreaded PB until then. (Lucky me.) And then it happened. I felt this thing working. The weight started coming off, and I started feeling great. I WANTED to exercise. I WANTED to go shopping. I WANTED people to see me. That's been an incredible gift.

Another snag in my weightloss came late last summer when I got pregnant for the first time.....sadly, it resulted in miscarriage in Sept of '05 and that was a few months of no weightloss. After that, was when things changed for me. I begged my doc to get more aggressive, and he did. I started feeling like someone with a band. Frustrating at times, and I even mourned the portions and foods I used to enjoy...but it was worth it.

I found out I was pregnant again (We are so excited) on Christmas Eve. My OB and Band surgeon have been taking extra special care of me to make sure all is well this go around. I actually had an unfill because I was still dropping about a pound a week and I wasn't comfortable with that. (Although they assure me my baby is developing superbly!)

Now I'm well into my 4th month, feeling confident about this pregnancy and grateful for my band. My goal will be to be healthy and possibly maintain my weight throughout the next 5 months. But if I start gaining, I'm am perfectly OK with that. I wouldn't have been six months ago. But now I have confidence in how this process works. I know what my role is in working with my band, and I know how to do it.

This board was a great source of support for me when I was researching and when I was struggling with my slow loss. The only reason why I don't spend more time here now, is because I feel like I got what I needed when I needed it. Should I stumble again, I'll be right back.

I wanted to share with others that need inspiration that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. That just because you aren't one of those that loses a great deal of weight in the first 6 months, doesn't mean that it won't happen for you. It's been said so many times, but this is a JOURNEY. And one that I'm so happy that I made.

OHHHH, I am so happy for you and your husband. A Banster Baby!@!!!

Good luck. You sound so good........ I hope all goes well for the three of you : - )

Happy Bandiversary! What a wonderful testamony to success! It's not about the numbers, it's about being FREE! So congratulations on your freedom! Being free from the bondage of food is my most heartfelt prayer for all of us. Thank you for coming in to share that with us! And yay! A baby! I'm thrilled for you! Be sure to share pics when the little one arrives! Nothing like a baby for dropping 10 pounds real quick! *laughs*

Congrats on all your triumphs! It sounds like things are clicking for you now!

And thanks for the hope! It does me good to know that the journey gets happier along the way. :)

I'm so happy for you!!!

What a sweet Xmas gift!

Frustrating at times, and I even mourned the portions and foods I used to enjoy...but it was worth it.

This is me to a T but so worth it. Wait till the baby is eating real food and he/she start eating more than you...

Congratulations

Congrats! I am so happy for you! I loved your post, thank you so much for posting it. Don't forget to stop by and post some pictures of that baby!

Nicole what a great post! Thanks so much for letting us know how you're doing, and congratulations on everything!! :biggrin1:

awe Nicole ~ I was just thinking about you too! My Louisiana Band Buddy.

A new baby, a new body, a new life... you made me smile!

Hey - say a prayer for those of us in limboland - those of us that are still trying to "get it", ok?

Ahhh there she is!!!

So happy to hear from you!

So excited that all is going well & that your feeling great!

Can't wait till you post photos!

We ALL will be thinking & praying for you

Good Luck Sweetie w/that bundle of Joy!

I love posts like this!! You're so happy & excited!! You're living your life feeling FREE & that's what this band is all about!!

WAY TO GO!! I'm so proud of you.

What a wonderful celebration. Congratulations on your precious new gift. You are truly blessed! Let us know how everything is going with you and the baby.