Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went in for my second post operation visit with my gastric surgeon and have no complications. I have kept a record that started 3 weeks before surgery, so for a total of 10 weeks I have lost 64 pounds.I started at 397 and have a goal weight of 200. I go in for an adjustment on July 18 th, my surgeon does his adjustments in the hospital and only in the office if a emergency. He says this is much more precise and my dietitian agrees totally. I have yet to try a lot of different foods, Pasta rice, vegetables, fruits, so I'm looking forward to that.

I was so happy with my weigh in because I didn't step foot on a scale since before the operation. I figured if I do as I'm told and stick to the amounts I'm supposed to eat I will lose. Also, since I have such an enormous amount to lose, at this point weighing all the time would be like an emotional roller coaster. Why put myself through that? I was so happy I cried in front of my surgeon, the relief of finally feeling like there is HOPE is so wonderful, I hope everyone can get that too!

133 pounds to go!

Brad- Congrats! It will only get better and better. I have pretty much lost the same amount myself so far! Isn't it amazing? =) I am soo happy and love to exercise and move as much as I can. I totally agree with you on not weighing until you get to the docs...I do the same...your weight goes up and down like crazy..so its not accurate to be weighing every single day...maybe every week if you wanted to...but if you wait, then you are shocked by the time you see the doctor again...I had lost 22 pounds last month! They were shocked! LoL. Well good luck on the rest...keep on going! =)

holy moly...22lbs in a month...64 lbs in 10 wks...thats awesome.

i havent had my first fill yet, today is 3 wks since surgery. i was weighed 2 days before surgery but not on day of surgery...so i weigh-in on tuesdays...as of the 15th i was down 13lbs. i also lost 13 lbs in the 7 wks prior to surgery..so im happy with my loss.

keep up the great work!

Great job!

dionaw

Congratulations Brad!! You are on your way to better health :-)

Congratulations! I have yet to have my surgery but my goal is to get down to 200lbs also. I hope to be as successful as you!

I went in for my second post operation visit with my gastric surgeon and have no complications. I have kept a record that started 3 weeks before surgery, so for a total of 10 weeks I have lost 64 pounds.I started at 397 and have a goal weight of 200. I go in for an adjustment on July 18 th, my surgeon does his adjustments in the hospital and only in the office if a emergency. He says this is much more precise and my dietitian agrees totally. I have yet to try a lot of different foods, Pasta rice, vegetables, fruits, so I'm looking forward to that.

I was so happy with my weigh in because I didn't step foot on a scale since before the operation. I figured if I do as I'm told and stick to the amounts I'm supposed to eat I will lose. Also, since I have such an enormous amount to lose, at this point weighing all the time would be like an emotional roller coaster. Why put myself through that? I was so happy I cried in front of my surgeon, the relief of finally feeling like there is HOPE is so wonderful, I hope everyone can get that too!

133 pounds to go!

Very happy to read your post...it's important for you to recognize that your weight loss is an inspiring achievement which you gave yourself! I hope you will continue to get in touch with other extraordinary things you are capable of...

Congratulations...very well done!! :)

@Brad P and @Violet953- Wow! That is amazing! Thanks for the inspirational posts.

133 pounds to go!

this is wonderful... it must be a wonderful feeling to know that you are now getting somewhere . i can imagine how you must be feeling now. congrats to you and i hope your weight continues to fall away like it did.

It only gets better. But, enjoy the journey & your everyday victories!

Way to go!!!! I wish I had ur strength when it comes to staying off the scale. I'm scale obsessed. My hubby hid mine the day after my brachioplasty,2 wks ago, & refuses to give it back. Lol