Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Life Changes But Still Obcess By Food...

I don't know how to feel about myself sometimes... since my lapband (10 weeks ago) i feel like all my life changed.

i feel like everyones checking out what i eat and that makes me mad. my friends (which are overweight too) seems to find me annoying when i talk about training or loosing weight, i tried to speak of other things but i feel like all my life is aroung that for the moment and that i have no one to share this experience with.

I'm also having a hard time being patient with myself. I have days where i don't eat much, but i also have days where i know i eat too much for my band and i feel horrible, sad, depressed... am i the only one to feel this way? how much time does it take to get confident and to know our band?

i lost 43 pounds in 10 weeks, i'm really happy, but i'm staying at the same weight since 2 weeks and begin to feel like i don't do all i should or could. I still think that i eat even though i'm not hungry, just because of stress, or bad feelings and i dont really know how to deal with it. i begin to feel like i won't be able to loose weight, once again and i'm angry at myself. did you have this feelings at the beginning?

I want everything to change. every night i tell myself that tomorrow will be a better day, and then i always feel like i didn't respects my expectations. I think i'm obcess by food.< /p>

hope to find someone who felt this way before and will have advices, thanks.

I didnt tell ANY of my friends except the ones that live in other states. Dont need people judjing me or giving me their opinions. Still I think you should stop beating yourself up. There is no perfect cure for anything and yes there will be good days and band days. But remebr how far yu have come. 45 lbs is a big deal and 10 weeks ago you were heavier. So yipee. Keep up the good work. If your eating too much you may be ready for a fill. Also as you change you may need to change your activities. Try something new! Maybe you'll meet some new people who are not judging you. Good luck!

thanks a lot for this answer, i think i'll look up for a therapist, but when my job will get more stable i'll try new activites. i really got to stop beating me, those are the words i needed. thanks again :)

I think sometimes we have to be obsessed about food and exercise as this is the only way this band will work for us, we have to make it our priority till we are experienced bandsters then what we do almost becomes second nature. I can remember being about 6 months post op and after a lengthy conversation thinking omg i would have been bored listening to u lol so realised that although we have to be obsessed with what we are doing .. others arent. There may also be a little tinge of jealousy with your frineds if they are overweight too.. so try to be more of a friend and less of a bandster :), not that u should beat yourself up over it but just being aware will help ..

Your weight loss is great, the average should be around 1 - 2 lbs per week so u are well above that, u may very well experience small plateau's but just keep doing what u are doing and ride the plateau wave .. change little things if u want to try and beat a plateau like reduce the carbs one day, do extra exercise, eat a 100 calories more than u normally do.. sometimes small changes can kick start the weight loss again so just keep at it :)

U probably at 10 weeks dont have much restriction yet either so dont beat yourself up, pat yourself on the back and say .. job well done so far, now keep it up !!

You made me realize that my friends probably find me boring, lol and i understand them, i'll try to be more of a friend as you said.

I do feel restrictions, but i know i still overeat. i have cramps oftenly that confirms it to me. but i meant i'm obcessed by food, like i always think of what could i eat, and how it would be good to eat chips or chocolate or go to that restaurent or what ever... and sometimes i do eat things even thought i know i shouldn't and then i feel so bad.

i know i need time to adjust myself to reduce my portions because 2months and a half is not a lot, but i'm scared of learning it the hard way. if i overeat all the time, and get fill again and continue overeating i'm scared that my band slipp. but i'm gonna keep trying to reduce my portions and stop try to stop thinking food as pleasure, but as fuel.

It will be okay. I went through a range of emotions the first year...not telling people to telling people about my LBS... Some family not ok with it. I have to learn not to say much to my obese friends. I know it's hard to Celebrate and you should!!!! I'm down 81 pounds after a year and five months 63% of my weight. Remember this is a journey and lifestyle change. I don't weigh as much on the scale because I just need to take each day in stride. If you are exercising more.. That is awesome. It's a huge change that you have to get used to. Just think of the big picture in your journey, reflect on all of your accomplishments! It seems the second year is so much easier! I'm losing more now. Hang in there.

We also have to learn how to work on our head hungry thoughts. It's tough I still experience this. It will always be a challenge.

I'm glad to read you tonight. 81 pounds that's sooo nice, i can't wait to get there. I'm anxious about being less than 300 pounds, i'm at 307, and i'm so feeling better. know it's normal to go through many emotions cause it's only been 2 and a half months that i'm band. I'll try in days to come to let more place to my friends and family without speaking about what i think or do. my mom asked me about my little portion on fish for supper and i did like i didn't hear her. I glad that you said that after a year it's easier that makes me a lot more confident now! :) thanks!