Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all!!!!

My name is Karen. I will be 40 in just a few short weeks. I'm married with two kids (grown) and one amazing little grandson! I moved back to Texas in 2011 after losing my Mom and wanting to be here to help my Dad. I love to read and scrapbook and even work for my local scrapbook store.

I found out on Wednesday this past week that I have been approved by the insurance company for my surgery and on Friday received the doctor confirmation that I am scheduled for May 29th!!! I have to admit, when they called I cried!!! This is my fourth attempt at having lapband done with the first two attempts shut down by the insurance we had at the time and the third time I had to put my plans on hold due to my Mom getting very sick and then passing away this past year. As the doctor office said, it's time!!!

So, I decided to look for support forums and found LBT!!! I've been trolling posts today and have found myself laughing, smiling, crying and feeling so much of what you have all posted. While I'm fortunated to have a strong support system in my home - my husband and father are amazing - it's nice to find somewhere that if I feel the need to just vent I can without worrying about them thinking I am not feeling enough support from them. Am I making sense???

Sorry, I'm still kind of caught up in the emotions of knowing it's finally happening and believe I may be rambling.

Anywho, my pre-op appt is on 5/21 which is when I start my pre-op diet with my surgery following on 5/29 so I'm sure I will be around reading to learn more and hopefully providing support to you all!!!

PS If there is anyone in the DFW area looking for a friend going through what they are send me a message!!!!

welcome, you made the best choice, this is the best site you will ever find,to have any and I mean ANY question you may have answered before during and after. Everyone had the nerves the uncertainties, same reasons for having lapband done, thats why there is SO MUCH support here.

I wish you well!

Welcome and please let us know how you are doing, everyone likes to help.

Remember Lapband surgery is not a miracle in itself, we all work hard for the lbs. we have lost, we follow the rules we get from nutritionists and docs.

This is going to be a new life with a new lifestyle. Everything will change - for the good. We are finally eating to live instead of living to eat.

As much as I love seeing the lbs. going away, I love how much more healthy I am!

You can be so successful if you remember the miracle is you!

I know you can be successful and we will be here to help!

Maybe you already read this post, if not do. It's a great one.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/topic/146924-are-you-your-own-worst-enemy/page__fromsearch__1

Congrats! I was banded in late December 2010, 82 pounds so far, I chose to take a gradual weight loss and I am happy, it has allowed me to get to know this band tool. I've dropped the most weight on this fill to 5.5cc. Everyone is different so it's not a comparison in your journey. good luck and just go with it...follow the rules completely and you will b successful.

Hi Karen!

It sounds like this has been a long, emotional road for you. Congrats on making a positive change for yourself. This place is a blessing! I got banded 5/8 and am feeling good. :)

Good morning. Sorry to hear of your loss. Congrats though on getting ready for the "new you" I am happy for you and sending well wishes your way. I was banded a year ago next month. My journey has been just that, a journey.. For some odd reason my weight loss has been slow coming.. Wel, let me say slower than I fee it should be. As I said before being banded almost a year ago, I have lost approx. 30lbs. Not comparing myself to others, but I know quite a few ppl that have been banded after me and have lost more. So, I am going to my doc. today to find out what's going on.. I eat right, exercise, do my Protein and Water religiously...So, i am stumped..But Please don't be discouraged, I am not.. I am not giving up the fight!!! LOL..Just wanted to reach out to you. I am in the DFW area also.. be encouraged and we'll keep in touch..

Have a great day!

weightoff me

Hi Karen!

I was just banded May 10th. It too has been a long journey for me. I was turned down twice by

My insurance before finally getting new insurance and then getting approval without a hitch. It's sounds like everything happens in the time it's supposed to and yours is now. Good luck on your journey you will do well! I'm finding lots of answers on these boards so you will have two great tools, your band and all these support people how much better can it get?!

Take care and happy banding!!!

Marti