Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am only 7 weeks post op and have only had 1 fill. My doc advised me to avoid carbs for The first six months, and eat 4 oz Protein and 1/4 cup veg per meal. I have not had fruit and really miss it! Have other folks gotten similar insructios from their doc but also eat fruit?

I wish you the best on eating fruit do it now lol! Since I've had a few fills I can not have fruit now! I try grapes oranges pineapples apples - none will work with me lol. Watermelon and bananas are ok! I miss fruit!

I am only 7 weeks post op and have only had 1 fill. My doc advised me to avoid carbs for The first six months, and eat 4 oz Protein and 1/4 cup veg per meal. I have not had fruit and really miss it! Have other folks gotten similar insructios from their doc but also eat fruit?

I have continued to have fruit as a carb choice for 1 meal a day since returning to eating regular food. I stay mostly with cantaloupe, strawberries and seedless grapes.

I was told to avoid any fruit or vegetable which has large fibers in it, such an under ripe pineapple, asparagus, and celery.

It may make a difference that I have yet to have my first fill...I was told by the dietitian that having fresh fruit with no sugar added was acceptable for my diet.

thats a big call. fortunately for me i dont have to conform to any diet, just be careful about the quality and the quantity of what i eat... thats working well with me and im losing just over a pound a week. No wonder you miss fruit. That sounds rather drastic. Do you have a dietician? are you taking any vitamins.?

I take chewable Multivitamins and Calcium. Isaac drinking fruit based smoothie Protein Shakes before surgery. I do not se a dietician anymore but I can email the nurse and ask her.

I specifically called my nutritionist to ask about fruit and she said I could have canned pears (which are my favorite); I had lap band surgery on April 9th ~ good luck

My nutritionist is more about a lifestyle change and not cutting out certain groups. I can have any food I can tolerate. If I want something that is not as good of a food choice, I will have it in very small quantity and not often.

Since surgery, I have had banana, apple, strawberry, and fruit mix blended into a smoothie. It has all gone down fine.

My nutritionist is more about a lifestyle change and not cutting out certain groups. I can have any food I can tolerate. If I want something that is not as good of a food choice, I will have it in very small quantity and not often.

Since surgery, I have had banana, apple, strawberry, and fruit mix blended into a smoothie. It has all gone down fine.

..and i agree with her. i didnt want to live the rest of my life stressing about what i cant eat. i just needed to reign in my impulsiveness on how much and how often. If i can continue to lose weight and live this way i will be very happy, in fact its more than i expected it to be in the beginning.

..and i agree with her. i didnt want to live the rest of my life stressing about what i cant eat. i just needed to reign in my impulsiveness on how much and how often. If i can continue to lose weight and live this way i will be very happy, in fact its more than i expected it to be in the beginning.

That is exactly how I feel! My second fill has definitely helped cut down the amount I can eat at one sitting and makes me eat slower or else I get stuck. I have been transitioning from not counting calories too, but that is something that I have been doing for so long that it's hard to break out of.

This last fill was really the "ah ha!" moment when I knew the band was going to work.

My nurse specifically asked me if I was eating fruit because she felt I should! All carbs are not made equal. A piece of white bread, white potato, childrens Cereal, crackers, candy, are not the same as apples, cherries, bananas, grapes. I am at restriction and can eat any fruit I want. I just eat one serving worth .

My nutritionist said to avoid sliders (like ice creams and puddings) and to make sure Protein is half of your meal. I was encouraged to eat fruits and veggies no heavy Syrup or sugar added. I eat normal food but smaller portions and I just say no to sweets and fast food. I was banded in November and I am almost 100 pounds down. It's like the other comment it's lifestyle changes Portion Control and I myself choose to track my calories with fitness pal. It helps me stay on track. I eat bananas apples (peeled) grapes etc I can't tolerate oranges they just don't break down well. Be healthy everybody is different with what they can tolerate but if it's healthy and you are getting your protein don't over stress it!

This might help with cals and carbs In fruit I have been told protien the fruit and veg then carbs x

FRUIT CALORIES CARBS

Apple (with the peel) 81 21

Apricot 17 4

Avocado 306 12

banana 105 27

Blackberries (½ cup) 37 9

Blackcurrants (½ cup) 36 9

Blueberries fresh (½ cup) 41 10

Cherries (½ cup) 52 12

Cranberries fresh raw (½ cup), 23 6

Currants Red fresh (½ cup) 31 8

Dates dried/sugar (½ cup) 280 62