Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Drinking Problem

After my surgery 2 1/2 years ago, I did not have any resistance and slowly reverted back to my old habits. By the time I was filled to the point that it should work (max fill), I had given up and was drinking with every meal! Obviously, I did not have success with the band. I am now back to my surgery weight and just keep putting off eating without liquid until the next meal, and the next, the next.....

Any help would be appreciated!

SS

Seems you have made the first step to fix the problem you have relized what it is. Now you have to tell yourself that it wont be the nxt meal it will be this one. The only person who can make that commitment is yourself. Remember what a big step it was to do the band and what you went through if its like me it wasnt an easy undertaking. And then look at yourself are you happy this way? Only you can make this work. You can do this!

I may b bad lady, but I sipped the whole time and lost from 200-124. but i mean I drank ALL day also, but i did sip a LITTLE w meals. I think it is whatever works for you!! :)

I also take a few sips with meals, just get so dry, but I do not gulp liquids down that would flush the food down too quickly.

I may b bad lady, but I sipped the whole time and lost from 200-124. but i mean I drank ALL day also, but i did sip a LITTLE w meals. I think it is whatever works for you!! :)

Joy, I am a heavy drinker, no not alcohol, Water with crystal light, and I drink constantly, wondering if I'm pre-diabetic. Anyhoo, I am struggling with not going to be able to drink once I'm banded, during meals, I know this is how to lose the weight and I can do it, I know I can and will, but I simply get thirsty while eating. A gastric bypass patient told me a trick: she takes a glass of ice and when she feels the urge to drink, she take a pc of ice and puts it in her mouth and gets her mouth wet and then takes it out. I think this may work for me. I can't wait till I'm banded and want so much for this to work and will work the program. Congrats on your weight loss.

I learned to break the habit of drinking with meals by removing my water bottle physically from my reach. After eating, especially at work where I usually eat at my desk, I have an Altoids mint. By the time the strong mint flavor has subsided, it's been 30 mintues and I can resume sipping on my Water.< /p>

I sip Water with most meals and have lost 124+ in less than 11 months. I am talking a couple baby sips to get me through the meal.

You have had great success I was wondering if you have posted tips or examples on the site I am new and still learning to navigate but I am curious of info for you guys that have had great success.

Just as drinking with your meas is a learned habit, not drinking is too! You have to remove th ewater, or liquids. When going out, and they ask what you want to drink, say nothing! Best wishes for your "recovery". Karen

Hey Donna! Thank u for the tip about the ice. I will def try it! I too, love crystal lite. Have u tried the little ones, sized for a Water bottle serving? Best of luck w your band! I hope everything goes GREAT!

Thank you for the great ideas and support!!! I will definitely try the ice and altoid ideas!!