Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i apologize first for my questions:

with the pre-surgery diet and post-op diets (consisting of liquids/mushy etc)....

how does this affect your bowel movement?

i work in an office environment and just kinda curious at what to expect (before/after).

on the after, how about the (gas) i read so much about..how do you handle that?

appreciate any feedback.

GasX strips are good to keep on hand or in your purse. Definitely not much food going through your system so the bowels slow down for most. For me if I don't go more than two days and then I'll take just a tsp of MOM. I also have some Gummy Fiber that I take, from costco. Be sure to get in your Water each day too. You'll adjust eventually. :)

Baby let me tell you(lol), this pre-op has ne going to the bathroom at least 15 times a day. I can't even hold Water down. I'm a nurse and was scheduled to work but my supervisor felt my pain and gave me the week off

****DIVALICIOUS****

Oh thank heavens, I am glad I am not the only one going through running to the bathroom during this pre-op!

are we talking #1 or # 2 ms divalicious?

and ms ladybug, are those gasx expensive? are they pills?

#2 running like #1!!!

****DIVALICIOUS****

is that at the beginning stages or is this the whole time?? (sitting here thinking of how long the walk is to the ladies room here at work)

Mine comes and goes in spurts.

It's day 4 pre-op and it has been that way, whatever you do DON'T PASS GAS, believe it's not gas

****DIVALICIOUS****

well......guess we will do/handle whatever comes my way (spurts or no spurts). thanks for responding..

GasX strips comes in pills or strips that melt in your mouth, very easy to use. Not expensive, I think they were less than $4 or $5.

Everyone is so different ..... I don't recall having "race to the bathroom" type situations at all. Good luck!

I don't remember having race to the bathroom issues either. Gas-x also has chewables as well. Post-op...the bathroom issue is iffy. I'm over three months out and still trying to figure out how to get "regulated". Trying to add more fiber and Water to my diet.

If you have issues with frequent BM's it could be new lactose intolerance if you are drinking milk based Protein Drinks. I was that way until I realized that it was the cow's milk and switched to soy milk and egg white based Protein Powder. If you don't drink milk before pre-op diet starts, and then increase it so significantly, your body can develop an intolerance. Otherwise, BM's are every 2-3 day occurrences.

I didn't have any issues preop liquid diet bm's were normal however i'm day 5 post op and yesterday i called the drs and asked what to take for Constipation and she said just let nature run its course that the dr didn't recommend anything well thank god i didn't take anything because about 2 hours later i had diarrhea all day yesterday!! I couldn't determine if it was gas or the real deal so i spent most of the day in the bathroom, today I haven't gone at all so it just depends on how your body adjusts to liquids.. but I'm glad i was home when it hit lol...

Mine comes and goes in spurts.

LOL! Love your choice of words!

I have had problems with Constipation. Now I'm in the mushy stage and have found that adding Beans to my diet has helped keep things moving.