Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Have A Question Please Help!!!!!!!! United Healthcare

I had to see my primary care doc for 6 consecutive months and show a weight loss. Is that what you mean?

I have UHC and did not have to do the 6 month diet. I guess it depends which plan you're on?

I have United Health Care...and it was not a 6 month diet

. You gotta start making changes in advance but the 6 months is for classes once per month.

I have UHC and didnt need to do the 6 months. I know that the teachers in my area had until the end of last year to have the surgery b/c UHC wasnt going to cover it anymore. A couple of teacher friends that had it done had to do the 6 months. I on the other hand did not.

I had UHC and had to do the 6 months Dr. supervised weightloss program.

I have uhc and I had to do it. Next week is my 5th appointment. It flies by!!! And it's given me a lot of time to think an research so I'm happy I had to. But I wasn't at first :)

i also have uhc - and it is up to the employer as to what is put into the policy -which is why everyone's is so different even though they all have UHC. My company (PepsiCo) requires the 6 month pre-supervised visits if you have BMI 40+, if you have BMI less than 40 you must have 2 co morbidities. So far my 4th visit is end of the month as well as psych evaluation. I think the 5th visit is the EKG and lung capacity test (testing out your oxygen levels they told me). My BMI was 41.1 - although it's dropped to 38.6 as of my last visit - the nurse said 'you know your insurance will require the BMI over 40" to which i corrected her - my insurance only goes by the INITIAL BMI which was 41.1, so it's not an issue. She sort of had me freaked out and worried - but i re-read my notes from my UHC Carewise nurse, and i was correct, BUT i called my Carewise UHC nurse just to double check...thank goodness my notes were correct. All ok.

You have to contact your insurance company to make sure you have all the facts correctly so you ensure there are no surprises - ask about copay - ask dr for written estimate of surgery costs so you can make sure after you've done all you are to do with the 6 months diet, psych eval,, EKG, blood work - that you know what exactly to expect.

i had to go through the six month supervised diet and i also have UniteHealthCare Ins. :(

I have UHC also,and yes it depends on the employer as to what is written in the coverage they pick.I work for Alcon and I had to do 6 months visits with the Nutritionist. I had to have 5 years documentation of treatment of co-morbidities.also 5years of documentation of BMI greater than 35,or BMI greater than 40 with none.Psychological evaluation.It has flown by my 6th appt is the 10th of this month,and it has given me time to learn the way i need to count Protein, and look for whey isolate power,and Vitamins, and calcium.They haven't mentioned any other test to me at all.

I have Blue Cross Blue Shield and I had to take nutritional classes for 6 months before being approved... At first I was bummed but looking back on it, I learned so much more than I would have if I had just gotten approved right away. It honestly flew by too!

Hi all,

I went today and she is sending to the insurance witrh 4 months because I have a very high BMI and alot of issues.. My date is set for june 5th..