Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! My name is Tara and I had my REalize Lap Band surgery August 1, 2008 and I've lost 110 pounds I went from a size 20 to a SIX!!!! :D

However, after a divorce and a new relaitonship (I found my forever guy!!! :wub: ) I have gained back about 30 pounds :blink: I have been workling with my doctor to keep track of my fills and think we finally found my target. I am hopeful I will drop the weight I've gained and am looking forward to continuing my journy with the lap band community. I wish those of you just beginning your journey the best of luck. It's sooooo worth it, I promise. Those of us "veteran banders" keep up the fight, it's an everyday process and we need to lean on people for support!!!

Hi Tara! Congrats on your 110 loss! That is so inspirational to those of us just starting out. I have no doubt you will get down 30 again. All the best.

- Natalie

I can't wait to say I wear a size 6!!! I am currently a mirror image you what you were (I am only 2 pounds over your start weight and same height!!) and in the process of seeing the dietician and nurse actually tomorrow. If you don't mind me asking, what all did you have to qualify, or did you self pay. I am going through my insurance and I hope I have met the needed critiera. Fingers Crossed!! Good luck on your 30 to lose, you can do it!

Kati

That is fantastic! Congrats to you

I just got approved through my insurance company and surgery is scheduled for June 5th... Ahh, a size 6 would be amazing!

Thanks for your thoughts and encouragement ladies!!!

@Gohealthymom: my insurance paid for it, though I did pay $500 as my copay (SOOOO worth it!!) Good luck and I hope you have success.

@ready4animprovedme: Congratulations!!!! This is such an exciting time!!! Do yourself a favor and start a journal (Food and thoughts) NOW!!! The one thing I regret most is not keeping one!

One thign to remember: your fills are SUPPOSED to restrict what you eat, so if you cannot eat bread, THANK GOODNESS, and don't eat it!!! I've had several friends get saline removed because they can't eat like they used to...Remember this is a tool, not a miracle product, we have to do SOME of the work ourselves. ;)

Very inspired by ur 110 LB loss !! Banded 4/6 and I am praying to lose at least that much.how long did it take u to lose 110 lbs.?

Very inspired by ur 110 LB loss !! Banded 4/6 and I am praying to lose at least that much.how long did it take u to lose 110 lbs.?

Hello,

im mygalshirl and i notice you ask about her weight... im to get my first appt. May 18th. how did u do?

It took two years to lose 110 pounds because it came off at like a pound or two per week. I also tried to stay active (i was never skinny before but was always an athelte) and had no problem with excess skin. DOn't get discouraged and rememebr every day is a new one. If I can do this, anyone can! Good luck!!

Thank your the your knowledge. I have one more question. How many doctors appointment before your surgery? and to whom were the appointments too! I`m so excited that my excite is excited... thanks

It took two years to lose 110 pounds because it came off at like a pound or two per week. I also tried to stay active (i was never skinny before but was always an athelte) and had no problem with excess skin. DOn't get discouraged and rememebr every day is a new one. If I can do this' date=' anyone can! Good luck!![/quote']

Thank you ! I am very inspired !

@mygalshirl: I can't really remember how many appointments I had with the doc before my surgery. I know I went to some support group meetings pre-op and met the docs there, then I had to go through a psych eval with a different doctor, then I met with a nutritionist a couple of times before my surgery and I think I only had one meeting with the operating surgeon before my actual surgery...I hope this helps! I'm going to add you as a friend and be sure to keep in touch!

@bigenuff thanks fior thinking of me as an inspiration. I sure could use some myself. I'm adding you as a friend and let's keep in touch with our weight loss!!!

Thank your the your knowledge. I have one more question. How many doctors appointment before your surgery? and to whom were the appointments too! I`m so excited that my excite is excited... thanks

I am just getting started, and I have seen my primary doctor for the paperwork needed by my doctor, Pysch eval doctor appt, dietician and nurse appt just yesterday, then my next step is to meet the doctor and go over everything (get approved) then schedule my surgery and one other appt but I forgot what it was..some kind of class. Good luck!

I am just getting started' date=' and I have seen my primary doctor for the paperwork needed by my doctor, Pysch eval doctor appt, dietician and nurse appt just yesterday, then my next step is to meet the doctor and go over everything (get approved) then schedule my surgery and one other appt but I forgot what it was..some kind of class. Good luck![/quote']

Thank you do much. Good luck. Add me as a friend, so I can we can stay in touch. YOU'LL do well

Hi everyone! My name is Tara and I had my REalize Lap Band surgery August 1' date=' 2008 and I've lost 110 pounds I went from a size 20 to a SIX!!!! :D

However, after a divorce and a new relaitonship (I found my forever guy!!! :wub: ) I have gained back about 30 pounds :blink: I have been workling with my doctor to keep track of my fills and think we finally found my target. I am hopeful I will drop the weight I've gained and am looking forward to continuing my journy with the lap band community. I wish those of you just beginning your journey the best of luck. It's sooooo worth it, I promise. Those of us "veteran banders" keep up the fight, it's an everyday process and we need to lean on people for support!!![/quote']

That's awesome!! No worries you will get rid of the 30lbs in no time..you will be successful. Can't wait for my day may 18.. It's surely getting here faster than I thought it would. I'm excited! Wishing everyone success !