Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i was banded over two years ago and have lost about 90 pounds, ive never did the liquid diet before the surgery. After i was on liquids for like a few days then soft food, i think i havent lost as much as i should have becuse i was not given the proper food infrmation i do not see a dietican who knows what i should and shouldent eat, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Seems all doctors are different but 2 years out should just be about getting Proteins. My doctor told me at 1 month post op to eat what I want. If it can go down then I can have it but no more then 1/2 cup and no carbonated stuff. Always eat your Protein first or you won't get it in. My band is very touchy so I have a long list of foods that wont go down but my best friend was banded a month before me and she can eat just about anything. Avoid slider foods like ice cream, pudding, and sweet tea or soda.

oh and your Protein should be at least as much as the last two numbers of your birth year. I was born in 75 so i should get at least 75grams of protein a day... thats the dietician rule

chicken is protien right? how much is a normal chciken brest, im affraid i may be eating to much and streching my band..

At this point I would probably turn to a calorie tracking program for awhile until you are able to roughly calculate macro nutrients in different food choices. Exercise sufficiently and create an alternating 500-750 calorie deficit. I think that would be a good starting point.

oh and your Protein should be at least as much as the last two numbers of your birth year. I was born in 75 so i should get at least 75grams of Protein a day... thats the dietician rule

That is a new one! ;) Bizarre calculation indeed...

any tips on the calorie counting as i find it fustrating lol!! i work up in camp where everything is prepared and its hard to find food that does not have any saues and i have no idea how its cooked!!

My fitness pal... FitDay... Etc... I would pack your own meals rather than eating overprocessed stuff...

Brad

If you are two years post op I find it odd to be asking what you should be eating now. As far as Protein goes how can it be the year of your birth. What if you were born in the 50's that is not enough protein for someone with a band. 70 to 90 a day. No more than a cup of food with most of that cup being protein.

If you are two years post op I find it odd to be asking what you should be eating now. As far as Protein goes how can it be the year of your birth. What if you were born in the 50's that is not enough protein for someone with a band. 70 to 90 a day. No more than a cup of food with most of that cup being protein.

I am in canada i did not need to see a dietican or anything to have the surgery i just got it and once i discoverd this site and how it can help me i started wondering if i could be losing more by changing my eating habits

unfortunatly were not allowed to bring food in so right now im living off salad and chicken breast, and veggies and fruit

That is a new one! ;) Bizarre calculation indeed...

I know but I swear thats what she told us. IDK if that only works for a certain age group but she said that would be the absolute minimum and my best friend had a band and got the same advice. It has worked for me. Still have my hair and nails and lost over 50 pounds in a year.

chicken is protien right? how much is a normal chciken brest, im affraid i may be eating to much and streching my band..

myfitnesspal.com is a great tracking program and they have an app for phones.

If you are two years post op I find it odd to be asking what you should be eating now. As far as Protein goes how can it be the year of your birth. What if you were born in the 50's that is not enough Protein for someone with a band. 70 to 90 a day. No more than a cup of food with most of that cup being protein.

IDK what someone born in the 50's would need but this is the rule she told us to follow.

I was told to find how much Protein you need per day, do body weight x 0.3=grams of protein.

To the original poster, what are you eating now on a daily basis? Breakfast, lunch, and dinner? Do you exercise?

I try to have some weight control oatmeal with some milk for Breakfast, 1/2 salad wrap and cottage cheese for lunch, and the remaining 1/2 wrap for dinner. I do switch it up now and then, but try and keep my calories between 1200-1400 per day. I like to try and find unprocessed foods and veggies for meals. I also don't drink sodas or other calorie laden drinks.