Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 Weeks Post Op And Feeling Discouraged

Hey guys. My surgery date was 3/28/12. My starting weight was 252 pounds. I am now 233. On 3/8 I was 245. I was binge eating the weeks coming up to the surgery. I only had to do one week pre-op liquid diet. I have been doing well as far as getting in all my Protein, watching what I eat and exercising 30-45 minutes of cardio at least 5 times a week. However, this last week I didnt lose!! Also even though the numbers say I have lost, I don't see any noticable difference in my appearance. Some clothes fit a little bit looser but I am still in my same size 20 pants or 1x shirts. I am starting to feel very depressed about this. Am I rushing things a bit or is this a normal feeling?

Please don't be discouraged. You will get there. Dont watch the scale so much. It will torture you. It's going to take a year or so for the dramatic results. Just keep doing what you are doing. You didn't lose last week but you didn't gain either....

I'm not banded yet, but the big thing I'm training myself to believe now is that it's not a sprint, it's a marathon. You will get there, but only if you keep your determination set and stay focused. Plus, even if the clothes aren't feeling different, you've lost almost 20 lbs in a month!! Think of how much healthier your body is getting. Hang in there :)

I was Banded on 3/19. I am six weeks post op today I was 231 surgery day 221 two weeks post op 211. And for the last three weeks scene went up and down and up.as of today my scale says 208. I also exercise 45 minutes a day 6 days. I was crazy frustrated too. My calories were too low for me. I was eating lime 500 to 600. I ripped them too 800 to 900 and the past four days finally see the scale going back down. Time is what it takes.and go by the book. No excuses of whining is what I say.. its gonna come off. It has too.

Janelle's let me know if u need a email buddy. If so my email is marlene.paynter@gmail.com we r close in dates. I have to get this right and maybe we can help each other. Just email me anytime.

I'm not banded yet, but the big thing I'm training myself to believe now is that it's not a sprint, it's a marathon. You will get there, but only if you keep your determination set and stay focused. Plus, even if the clothes aren't feeling different, you've lost almost 20 lbs in a month!! Think of how much healthier your body is getting. Hang in there :)

Along the same lines think of it as a journey. It's about the journey and not the destination! Along the way remember to appreciate all the little changes like buying new underwear because yours is now baggy in the butt!

Here are a few of my little victories along the way. Remember to take time to appreciate these - kind of like stopping to smell the roses.

My wedding ring is now too big (married 22 years on May 19th)

Shopping for clothes with my 16 year old daughter in the same store.

I now like the way I look with earrings that dangle. (Before my face was too fat and it looked silly!)

I am able to paint my toenails!

I am able to walk up and down stairs without getting winded.

Take more weiHang in there it's early. Also the smaller u & ury clothes get the more noticeable it is. Larger sizes take more weight loss to change. Now that I'm down to the teens I've gone from a 14 to a 12 in 2 weeks & 8 lbs lost. You'll get there!