Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone know if once we are in the regular food diet stage if tortillas like wheat or red ones are ok to eat?

I like having my chicken and Turky wrapped in them once in a while and wanted to know if it was ok. I have a book that was given to me and it says yes on the allowed side but on the not allowed side it also says it's not allowed and I'm a little confused ...

Some people can eat tortillas some cant like, if you dont mind the amount of carbs and calories u can always try them and see, sometimes its best to just steeer clear of old habit type food and make some new healthy type ones :)

You can eat anything you like. There is no forbidden food . It all depends on what you can and can't handle, whether you want to follow a "normal" diet or stick to an Atkin's style diet etc.

I posed that question at my last doctors visit and was told I could have them if tolerated but, limit the intake. I was advised to have corn vs flour if given the choice.

Like the previous post stated, nothing is forbidden. Some people can't tolerate everything and some things should be rare treats just to establish better habits and a good nutritional diet. It was explained to me that part of the reason behind eliminating breads, pastas, etc is because the items expand in your stomach and should be limited to 1/6 of a meal.

My doctor said it's realistic to give yourself a cheat day each week. She told me to write down all the "bad" things that I craved throughout the week and look forward to eating them on my cheat day. She said the list may get long but, when the actual day comes I'd likely just consume a few things from the list and be more than satisfied. It has only been a few weeks since I was given that advise but its holding true so far and I'm a junk-food junkie...lol.

I have tried them twice and got sick both times. I would say try them at home first and see how it goes. There is nothing worse than getting sick in s public bathroom! But I agree eat what you like just less of it.

I do lettuce wraps instead of a tortilla. My doc stated no bread of any king and I haven't tried and I don't miss it.

i have tried wheat tortillas and did experience my first stuck episode...i was able to eat them again though but with much smaller bites and lots of chewing. i found some that were 120 calories, but don't make a habit of eating them...it was a nice treat from the lettuce wraps i'd been doing...i've eaten them about three times since being banded...

My dr. told me, No bread of any kind, Pasta, rice, or sugars.. It's not that you can't eat them but it's the carbs and calories.. I haven't had any and don't really miss it. I use lettuce for bread, I use tofu noodles or mushroom noodles, and I just don't eat rice or sugars.. I was told this is life change and I have to change old habits for new and good ones... If you eat everything you did before you were banded then your chances of over eating, having higher cravings for bad food, and not losing wt can happen.. Everyone has to find what works for them..

I was a huge fan of flour tortillas before my surgery. I had one a couple of weeks ago for a soft taco and honestly do not miss them at all! So I will stick to taco salads while my family has soft tacos.