Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Surgery's

mdfinch
Sign in to follow this  

Lisa I've hit the point also where I'm not losing its very frustrating when I hit that point i came here and talked and it encouraged me and kept me going. When everyone was losing it was rough to see that even though i am extremely happy for them!! I was not right along with them, but I always have had more added to my band the next time I went to the dr. It gets better and better each time I go and talk with dr. I'm slowly losing but I also hav to work with my band and eat right and work out. And the new life style will never be "done" It's a whole life change that I as well as my husband and kids have taken on.

Welcome Daddyof4.

Lisa, it sounds like you are on track actually. The fact that you're not experiencing stuck episodes, sliming, and PBing is a GOOD THING! I have only been stuck a couple times and have not vomited once since the surgery. My doctor says I am in the green zone... yet I can eat pretty much anything as long as I go slow and chew. How awesome is that?! I dread a plateau too but many have had success by stepping up their exercise. The fact that you are losing slowly means its something you can maintain and you may not have loose skin or Hair loss.< /p>

We are all here to support one another, so feel free to come in here any time and vent!

I talked with my husband about my top weight today and told him. It was a major relief to talk to him about it because I felt like it was something that was holding me back. He doesn't care if I am my goal weight of 140 or 600 lbs but for some reason it felt good for him to know if it was look be proud I have lost 72lb or just someone else knowing a secret I had not told anyone else (besides my lap band buddies). Just thought I would share my good experience.

Hi everyone, I just joined this group today, my surgery was May 21, 2012. I kept seeing the groups people are in and, duh, realized I could join one too!

I was lucky enough to have some restriction from the band alone and lost 40 lb but I no longer feel the restriction so I'm planning to have my first fill today. Last month the nutritionist and the PA said I shouldn't get a fill since I was doing OK but that has now changed. I hope it doesn't hurt - I am a total wimp about needles.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here. Debbie, would you please add me to the roster for May 21? Thanks.

Daddyof4 I just got your surgery date added to our calendar. Welcome and I hope you enjoy our group.

Lillesaday I also put you on the calenday and Welcome to our May bandster group.

I hope you both enjoy the group!

I had my surgery May 11, 2012. I am down 36 lbs and I feel great. I am going for my second fill today. Best decision I ever made! Slow weight loss is better for your body, you didn't gain it all in 9 weeks, you can't loose it all in 9 weeks! Good luck to everyone!

I had my sugery may 8th and am only down 35lbs I have only gotten stuck 2 times and it was my own fault ate too fast. my doctor says that it should be 1-2 lbs a week and that is healthy so we all must be patient with ourselves as hard as that is. I have been trying to remind myself that it took a few years to get this big and i should allow my body a year to let go.

You guys are all great and right!!!I guess i just had myself convinced i should have lost more weight by now (12 weeks) post-op.Im down from 270 to 225 so thats like 45 lbs.I was very frustrated and just frazzled but since hearing all of you and talking with my weight loss coach I have learned that i was doing some things wrong.1) I was drinking fluids way to soon after I ate and didnt stop soon enough before I eat...Which since I have changed that and dont drink 1 hr before or after I eat my meals keep me full 2) I Stopped beating myself up for not having a stuck,PB or vomiting episode and relized I AM doing what I am suppose to be doing...AND most of all I am showing myself that this is a crawl not a sprint and now I am back on track with alot more confidence and self worth than I had.So thanks people I has really helped.