Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Snoring - help!

Okay, I have gained back so much weight that I am now snoring. Sometimes bad enough that SO shakes me awake so I'll stop and he can get some sleep.< /p>

The first few times I just felt bad for keeping him awake. But this morning I was pissed. :) When he called today, I asked how many times he had to wake me up last night, and he said 3 or 4. No wonder I'm feeling tired, cranky, and weepy!!

So, has anyone used anything that really, really, really works, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? I sleep on my side, so tennis ball in the back won't help. I don't feel congested.

I don't want to have to start sleeping on the couch, and I don't want SO to sleep on the couch, either. I just sleep through his snoring, but either mine is worse, or he's more sensitive. Either way, I don't want to get awakened out of a dead sleep anymore!!

Help!

Donali... they have foam wedges that you put at the foot of the bed... elevating the HOB may help. Not the most attractive addition to the bedding ensemble but I think it's a fairly cheap thing to try. I feel fo you as I know I have started to snore again as well. *sigh* Luckily my husband could sleep through a tornado.

Have you tried those strips you put on the nose at night? I think they have some at a fair price at Walmart. I just read an article too about a new procedure they have now that can be done at the doctor's office. I'll try to find it if I still have it and let you know.

Thanks, Gals. I'll put those things on the list of "must try"s.

Anyone try the throat spray? I was gonna go for that first if anyone had good reviews of it....

:notagree

Well... I suppose if it doesn't work for the snoring... it might have potential for other positive aspects... the throat spray... that is. :)

Well, when I opened the post I thought I was going to read about your husband's snoring keeping you up, so I was going to suggest an elbow to his ribs., that's how I handle my husbands snoring.. he, heee... but since it is you, I don't really have any advice to give. sorry

Well, when I opened the post I thought I was going to read about your husband's snoring keeping you up, so I was going to suggest an elbow to his ribs.,

LOL Yeah, NO to the elbow to the ribs idea... :)

Even being "lovingly" shaken awake is getting old... Sigh...

it might have potential for other positive aspects... the throat spray... that is.

Okay, you KNOW I haven't had enough sleep when I had to seriously ponder what on earth you could mean. :doh: ARGGGH!! :Banane45: :Banane40: We'll only use it for THAT if he stops shaking me awake... lol 'Cause right now I'm so cranky, his pleasure is the furthest thing from my mind... :tired

And is it just me, or are there new smilies to choose from EVERY day?!?! I keep seeing ones I think I've never seen before.

Gotta get the puking one on a PB thread... lol

:) :) :attention:

Your symptoms are exactly the same as mine were. I had a sleep apnea test and sure enough I have it. It was causing me to wake up feeling like I haden't slept at all. I'm now on C-Pap and the difference is so noticeable. Did your dr. require a sleep study before your surgey? It really sounds like you could be suffering from this.

Ooohhhh Donali... the hurling smilie is a good one! But still... this one:hungry: is my favorite.

No, I've never had a sleep study done. I have woken up choking a couple times, but not recently.

I really, really, really don't want a CPAP machine. My Dad was on one for the last 5 years or so of his life, and although he loved being able to sleep, both he and my Mom hated the machine itself.

If SO can't sleep through my snoring, he sure is h*ll won't be able to sleep through a CPAP machine...

Sigh.

Ooohhhh Donali... the hurling smilie is a good one! But still... this one:hungry: is my favorite.

:) I'm partial to that one, myself...

I think my very favorite, though, is :lalala:

:)

This is not going to be your favorite reply. Please understand that I'm not being judgemental in ANY way. I'm at my max weight as we speak. You have to save yourself (and your SO) by losing the weight you've regained. Don't throw things at me. I SOOOOO know it's easier said than done but you've got to try. Has the snoring resumed in the last 5 - 10 pounds of weight gain? Try to get just those pounds back off. You can do it. You've done it in the past and you can do it again. I've heard that some people are having good experiences with controlling their appetite and/or head hunger by going on anti-depressants. Effexor is the one I've heard mentioned recently but I understand Wellbutrin has been effective too. Please don't be upset with me I just want to encourage you to help yourself in the only way I can think of. Spray snore relief didn't work for me but I couldn't tolerate the taste/feel of it. I'm being banded on March 7th and I'd like to believe that the lessons I will learn will help me if I ever have to have the band removed. Don't wait - try to nip this thing in the bud. Best wishes to you.