Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having the surgery next month, The Lap Band Placation Surgery and I am so sacred!!! My best friend had the Gastric Bypass and well does not look so good. She looks sickly and strange!! I don't want to look bad or strange!! I also don't have much time to stay out of work and scared that I may not be healed in 3 weeks and have to go back to work. I am also scared because I have nooooo support form my husband!! He tells me that I am crazy for the surgery and that I better pay my insurance timely in case I die!! Now I am really scared!!! Lately my husband who is very over weight almost 500 pounds says mean things to me that are so negative and now i am scared to even do the surgery HELP!!!!!!!

First of all dont let your husband bully you it seems he is getting jealous maybe after he sees how well you have done he will consider having weight loss surgery. Secondly your not going to die and if all he is worried about is your insurance being paid up then I would rethink that situation. Thirdly weight loss is slow with the band and you wont look sickly. I went back to work 3 weeks post op and was lifting quite a bit of weight. Stop letting your husband bully you. He is probably afraid that once you lose the weight you will leave him.

Thanks so much!! It was like an Angel replied back to me!!! I plan to stay out of work three weeks total and I am glad to have found a friend in you!!! I just hear so much negativity and I start to panic that all!! And I laughed looking at your posting because I think that I am reconsidering my situation!!! No support!!! At All!!!

Wow sorry your husband is being so mean. I think he is bullying you becasue of his own self image He is scared you will lose weight then leave him. And if he is always this way with you he may be right. NO one deserves to be talked to the way he is to you at this time. Tell him if he cant be supportive then to just be quiet. There is risks to anything but much more risks to what your health is going to be if you dont lose weight. Fact is being over weight is damaging to all of our bodies. So do this not for the negitive husband but for yourself!

I hate when men try to discourage women in to anything. Women need to realize that they are here to be pampered, cared for, and supported by their husbands. If not then you dont need them. There is nothing worse than someone trying to get healthy and have a loved one who is SUPPOSED TO LOVE THEM put them down as if your dirt on the foor to be swept away. Have your surgery and get healthy and if he doesnt approve oh well he is a big boy (no pun intended) and he will get over it. People who choose to do nothing about their weight will find every reason for you not to do something about yours. I wish you well on your journey.

I also have a jerk for husband. He has been trying to sabotage my weight loss efforts since my initial consultation in August. He would say negative things like the band is a easy way out. If I am doing so well on my own, I don't need the band. On week minded people get banded. He also called me lazy. The bottom line is only you know your reason for deciding to get banding and you don't have to explain or justify your reasons to ANY ONE! I was banded on 4/3/12 with a hiatal hernia repair.I went back to work the next day (I had no choice ). If no one else supports you, you must stay strong and find the strength within yourself. Please don't let your issue become your issues. I loss 40 lbs since August. All the compliments that I am receiving for others is the best support of all!

Ooops. Don't let your husband's issues become your issues.

I went to work 3 weeks after being banded .I'm a nurse.I have a private case.94 LB girl wheelchair bound.I did everything I normally do from getting her out of bed exercising her in and out wheelchair all day and lifting her in and out of shower.I was fine..As for hubby I would say being 500 lbs.u better make sure his insurance is paid IF he is eligible to even have it.I just got denied life insurance because of my weight .But I agree he is afraid of how AWESOME you are going to Look And How much more confidence ur going to have and all HIS friends checking u out !! But if ur already re evaluating ur situation then make that move it's only going to get worse as the weight comes off.Or worse he damages you enough to sabotage you and u end up 500 lbs like him......

I went to work 3 weeks after being banded .I'm a nurse.I have a private case.94 LB girl wheelchair bound.I did everything I normally do from getting her out of bed exercising her in and out wheelchair all day and lifting her in and out of shower.I was fine..As for hubby I would say being 500 lbs.u better make sure his insurance is paid IF he is eligible to even have it.I just got denied life insurance because of my weight .But I agree he is afraid of how AWESOME you are going to Look And How much more confidence ur going to have and all HIS friends checking u out !! But if ur already re evaluating ur situation then make that move it's only going to get worse as the weight comes off.Or worse he damages you enough to sabotage you and u end up 500 lbs like him......

I don't think there's anything to be scared about, it all happens really quick, i managed to get well within 5 days, and got back to work after a week I had off, you may experience discomfort etc, but it is a surgery after all, but believe me after seeing all the pounds drop off and in the end being in the shape you really wants pays off everything good luck on your surgery, I hope it goes well :)

Many people only take a few days....I was feeling really good after a week. I am sure the three weeks will be good for you. As for your hubby, it will be hard if he isn't supporting you, but maybe he's jealous? He obviously has a weight issue, has he thought about the surgery for himself? It would be easier for you both if you could do this together.