Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery In The Morning

I'm not nervous which is really weird. I'm excited and having mixed feelings. On one hand I'm anxious to be starting a new healthy lifestyle and on the other hand I'm feeling a sense of loss for all the things I'll be loosing. Mainly foods like steak, frieds foods and whatever else i may no longer be able to digest. I have no idea what to expect. Anyone else pre-op and feeling such a range of emotions?

Good luck! I hope your recovery was like mine (not that bad; only the first couple of days). And don't worry about the foods; many people can tolerate everything (which is what my doc said; I can eat anything just smaller amounts). It is definitely a change of eating afterwards. But like everything you will adjust, and as the weight comes off you will feel amazing!

Not that close but my surgery is May 18. I'm excited and anxious too- that's it! Just keep thinking about the new you forget about the stuff you used to eat and explore some band friendly meals.... Keep your focus on the results you will be fine... Praying for your success!

Thank you so much and I know you both are right! I've just been working so hard running after my two little ones that I've neglected myself the las t four years. But I'm ready and motivated! I need to refocus on my health. We can do this!!!!

Good luck to you tomorrow. I am one week and one day out since my surgery and today I feel awesome. I hate to give advice, but here goes. Listen to your body and rest, rest, rest. I really talked myself into thinking I'd be up and running in two days and I think I overdid it. I wasn't miserable all the time, but I got overtired and then I felt really bad. When I really started sleeping, taking my pain meds on a schedule (I kind of forgot to take them because I didn't think I felt that bad) I woke up this morning and thought well alright, this is going to be just fine. Let your body heal and you will be great. Let us know how you're doing.

girl dont even think about the negative part of this surgery cuz there is NONE its for your own good and to better yourself and lookin even more sexy. all those food we were able to have were bad and prob made us feel bad after so look at it as a new start and a new beginning to a healthy lifestyle, its not easy thats for sure but all well worth it trust i loved fast food, Desserts, pastas and pizza to much and im so thankful that i cant have that anymore. so good luck to you and hope all turns out well. :D

I had that feeling the night b4 too. I was banded on 3-23 it was a struggle at 1st becuz i missed the the junk for I used to eat but trust me it gets better . Plus you find new foods you like and can adjust some of your old foods to make it more healthy for you. Your doing this for you and make sure you dnt lose focus. And having kids is a plus they are good exercise chasing them aound and playing with them. Good luck and and keep us posted!!! Congrats on this new chapter in your life.....

Congrats! A new chapter of life is about the begin! It's exciting!

Wow ladies thank you do much for all the support!! I really truly appreciate it. I'm feeling soooo much better about my decision. It's 3:49am in Chicago and I'm up and on the way to the hospital now!! Its show time! ❤❤❤

Good luck I am on my to the hospital now

Thanks Lashawn good luck to you to!! We're in good hands Dr. Tiesenga is a good surgeon. I'm still not nervous. I'm just REALLY excited now. I can't believe its happening :)

Cant wait to see pics in a month!! I was banded yesterday and trust me, the cravins are a mental thing, once you're banded, you won't think about them anymore! Remember to take your meds exactly as scheduled and there'll be minimal to no pain! :) Good Luck!

I'm not nervous which is really weird. I'm excited and having mixed feelings. On one hand I'm anxious to be starting a new healthy lifestyle and on the other hand I'm feeling a sense of loss for all the things I'll be loosing. Mainly foods like steak, frieds foods and whatever else i may no longer be able to digest. I have no idea what to expect. Anyone else pre-op and feeling such a range of emotions?

I was feeling the same way somewhat, but then I started telling myself that Im not going to death row (like Im never going to eat again). Eventually we will be able to able to eat many things, just in moderation. that is why Im getting the band, for help with control. Try not look at it like you are being deprived, but like you are gaining new life. It is a mind set shift. Good luck!

I know exactly how you feel I am getting banded Wednesday May 2nd I'm not nervous about the actually surgery but maintenance after I want to make this works and follow all the rules so I can be successful..I will def miss all the comfort foods but I figure I have had 24 years of eating all of those foods that weren't good to my body..I now need to repair that. Plus you can still enjoy good tasting food just less portions and healthier choices..I'm sure treating yourself once in a whole isn't out of the question either! Good luck with your journey!!