Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Gone for Good Club

The monthly thread idea sounds good to me too PhotoNut. This group really did help me get the start I wanted, now I just need to get back into the groove of eating better and being more active! This group is wonderful!

Checking in....259. Not bad for being unbanded. At least I am maintaining! Only 6 more weeks until bandland and 2 more weeks until the liquid pre-op!

Congrats to everyone! You are all doing well!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Susan,

April 1st - I wanna join, k? (pretty please)

...I honestly have NO idea why I havent joined already :confused:

Monthly threads sound Great to me! This must be the biggest thread right now... Over 50 pages!!! Look at us all go!!!

I squeezed into a size 18M this morning... didn't wear them due to the large overhanging of skin/fat/junk but what the HECK is the difference between a 18M and a 18W? I know one is Misses and one is Womans... but seriously... is a 18M more like a 16W? Someone PUHLEASE explain!!! I know you know!

And your double -50 is great!!! Did yall plan this, lol?

*laughs* No, not really. When I reached the same weight as Dawg, it had to stop! He had already been losing as I was gaining. He started at Errr! LOL! Typically he leaves me in the dust when we diet. Men lose so much faster and he's younger than me too. But this time we are neck and neck, usually within a pound of each other. It's bee cool. But soon, I'll be passing him by because he is getting close to his goal. Double -50 sound so good, doesn't it?? :confused:

UM cough, sneeze, snort, snot, ewwwwww

Hey Penni girl.. feeling any better yet? Hope so!

2 great NSV's though - down 8% body fat from surgery date so the doctor said technically I've lost more than 49 pounds (of FAT) and actually gained almost 20 pounds in muscle. ...the other one - my cholesterol is down from 330 (yeah, I know terrible) to 189 in 1 year!! My good cholesterol is way up and the bad is down even further. Plus my blood pressure was 112 over 75. Even though I didn't lose the 100 pounds I was hoping for since I just celebrated my 1 year anniversary last Saturday - I'm at least much, much healthier! Onto next week - here I come 50 pounds gone!!!

Woohoo!! These are fantastic NSVs! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

No bubbles anymore, but one heck of a fill. Starting to be able to eat a little, but geez - when they say you'll feel full after 1/2 - 1 c of food I really didn't believe it till now. It's not like just "full" - it's like no way can I eat any more than that. Kind of cool.

Wonderful news! The bubbles were disturbing! *laughs* Be careful that you aren't just allowing this because you're seeing progress, ok? I've seen so many posts about slippage, where they've said, "I knew I was too tight.. but.." *hugs Kim* I'm glad you're back, Sis!

This group really did help me get the start I wanted, now I just need to get back into the groove of eating better and being more active! This group is wonderful!

It really is, isn't it. What a great group of folks we have here! I want to see a post soon, titled, "How EmileeKaye Got Her Groove Back"! *laughs*

Checking in....259. Not bad for being unbanded. At least I am maintaining! Only 6 more weeks until bandland and 2 more weeks until the liquid pre-op!

Not bad at all m'dear. You are being so patient! Check out Mychevygirl's posts about how's she's losing about 3 pounds a week, pre-banding! She's such an encouragement!

Paula! About time! I added you to the Member's page *grins*

I'm going to let someone else answer Heather's questions.. I've run on far too long already! *Laughs* Love you guys!! Truly!

Hey there P'Nut: Thanks for asking, I am feeling somewhat better today. AT least I can breath today. My throat isn't hurting. And my cough is subsiding somewhat. No fevers in the last 24 hours.

I am taking my grandson shopping today for his birthday. Then we are going to eat at one of the requested restaurants he wanted to visit. We went to Universal yesterday and yes I was still sick but didn't want to disappoint him. So I suffered through it. Had a blast though.

He leaves on Saturday morning and when I get home from LAX I will collapse. LOL!!! Then the real work begins. I have inventory to log and merchandise to put away. Then I have a couple of items to make and get shipped off. Then I gotta call a couple of people about my merchandise. Never a dull moment around here.

Calgon take me away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this thread too. Just full of love and support.

I'm not going to post my weight (gain or loss) for awhile. I really need to concentrate more on other areas and the scale is driving me mad. So, I'm going to put the scale in the closet and, if it's ok, I'll post my weight again in a couple of weeks.

Hello all my fellow bandsters. I 've been away from the forum for awhile. Unfortunatley, I've had some major drama pop into my life, keeping me away from the computer. For anyone reading this, your curiousity must be peaked or you wouldn't still be reading. I'll start with the good news...Even though I haven't really been trying, I am still losing weight, and happy to report my current weight is 245lbs..yay!!..Now for the bad news..On friday, I was involved in an accident pulling into my driveway. They say accidents always happen in the home and or close to home, and I guess the statistics don't lie. My daughter and I were hit by a semi-truck hauling two loads of rocks. The driver decided to pass me on a non passing road..and by the time he saw my turn signal ..he slammed into my little honda civic. I suffered some injuries, 11 staples to my head, and serious whiplash, but happy to report, my daughter being the sturdy little thing she is, is unharmed..Well, except the emotional scars and fear she now has of trucks. I've been trying not to be depressed. I fear depression might lead me back into my old eating habits. I've been pretty good about not indulging or using my accident as an excuse to eat unheath-ily..I guess the reason I am writing this post, is to just sort of vent, and I felt as though I made a couple of friends on here, and didnt' know if anyone was missing me in my absence. I hope everyone else is doing well and reaching their goals. Thank you for reading!! Wishing everyone love, life and happiness!!

WOW..Papillon..thats a big truck for a honda civic, you are so lucky that you and your daughter weren't hurt worse. Goodness, sorry to hear of that!! Conrats on the weightloss, and continue to stay focused......it is so easy to eat emotionally. Good job to recognize that! Feel better fast!

Penni - So very happy to hear that you are feeling better. What a neat gram you are! Adopt me and take me to fun places and cool restaurants?! And you know what they say, no rest for the wicked... or was that weary? *laughs*

Daisybelle - Hun, nobody in this club is required to post weights if they don't want. It's just an option for those that find it helpful. I don't blame you for putting the scales away. Just don't drift away from us. We can be an ear when you need it, a friend to lean on, and a shoulder to cry on if you need it. *hugs*

Pappy! Oh my goodness girl. I'm so glad your daughter wasn't hurt! And I'm so sorry you were! ;) Isn't it amazing how accidents can affect us emotionally? I agree with Stacey, you're doing great by recognizing the warning signs of emotional eating. That's half the battel right there. And yes, you were missed! I was wondering where the heck you'd run off to! I never dreamed you were out tackling semi trucks! :)

Skye - I see you reading the thread. How are you doing? I've been thinking about you and your family so much these last few days and I'm praying for miracles.

Aww, I just wish I could hug everyone into a big safe hug and make all the bad stuff go away. Just know that you're all being prayed for and thought of and cared about. :confused:

Hi everyone! I have read a number of posts but have not actually replied to any before this. I am currently a returning college student and exhausted most days. I looked into the lap band about 6 months ago but due to coursework have to wait until this summer to get banded. So if this club is for those -in waiting - then can I please join? You all sound great and encouraging! -

Mo

Hey Mo! You sure can join! We welcome anybody, anytime. Check out the list of club members on page 1 of this thread. You'll see many who are pre-bandsters. Everyone needs encouragement and support, at all stages of the journey. So welcome to the club! :confused:

After you look at page 1, let me know if you want any of your current stats on the board and I'll add them.

I'm still navigating the board - have a class online but this is more complicated :confused: -- I'll figure it out. Hmmm, yucky fat stats eh? Let me think about it lol