Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Gone for Good Club

229 Heaviest and Surgery. 204 current.

I have been very happily married for 13 years. I met my husband at a friends BBQ and think it was literally love at first sight. All those chemical reactions were in full force!! We have no children together, but I have 2 grown stepsons and a grandbaby! My husband is a firefighter and I am a junior high teacher here in South Texas. I was thin all through childhood and high school, went from 120s to 140s in my early 20s....got married at 25 weighing around 145 lbs. I have steadily gained every single year since then. I dieted at least once a year and it would take MONTHS to lose 10,15, or 20 lbs and then gradually gain it back plus some. Become disgusted with the even higher weight and diet again. Viscious cycle. I was diagnosed with PCOS years ago and then last year diagnosed with Insulin Resistance. I was at 222 lbs last year and it took me 5 months to get down to 209...then 5 more to get to 229, lol! I realized that I needed help to get my health/weight in check or I would be facing major problems in the future. I am on the slower end of losing up until now, 25 lbs in 16 weeks, but I am very pleased to see it going steadily down!

Hi, my name is Stacey Bishop and I am 27 (will be 28 on March 7th) and I live in Spring Hill, TN (south of Nashville.) I have been married for almost 6 years...can't say they have been the happiest, but we work on it. I have a beautiful 2 1/1 year old daughter named Kaylee and she is the biggest reason I decided to get the band!! I also have an 11 year-old step-son who lives with us that is a good kid, he just is really testing us right now!!!

I have been the "chunky friend" my whole life. I was never obese in High School, but all of my friends were like toothpicks...so it made me look even bigger. I was overweight but not obese. Then in college I gained the freshman 15 and 30 more that they don't have a name for except stupidity. My husband asked me to marry him the first semester of my senior year, and I knew I was not going to be a fat bride. I lost 65 pounds in 18 weeks. I was down to a size 2. I weighed 107 lbs when I got married. It took about 3 years, but gradually I started putting back on weight, and then when I got pregnant thats all she wrote!!

I am an emotional eater...I eat to keep from hurting. I ate in private, binging all the time. Never could hack the purging, but the binging was never a problem. I gained 65 pounds in 2 years. Sooooooo......In December 2005 I decided no more depression, I had to find an answer!!! So here I am banded on March 1st, with my answer!

I am down 20 pounds, and am feeling more like me again. I can't wait to meet more of you!

205/185/125 is goal!

hey all. My name is Amy and I am from Tampa, Florida. I am 29, married to a wonderful guy, and we have two adorable children. Emily is 4 and Anderson is 3. Rob (dh) and I met...where???...Online!! lol We met when I was still in hs and he was in college. Just friends at that point, but he helped me get away from a guy who was making me fat. Yes...I was the skinny girl in school. And a guy I ran away from home for thought it would be fun to take that away from me. Without getting into details he made me fat from when i was 16 to 18. Then Rob came to my rescue. Who couldn't fall in love with that?? So I have struggled with losing the weight and holding on to past demons. It has been a form of punishment to myself. Which I am not ready to face head on. I have the money saved up to have the surgery in Mexico, but am going to go through the steps to see if insurance will approve me first. If they do that money will go towards buying dh an old BMW for him to restore. It is what he gave up as a gift to me to have the surgery this christmas. My highest weight was 372, and now I am somewhere around 340. It fluctuates between 340 and 335, and the scale at the house here only shows as high as 335. So until I am under that I have no idea how my progress is.

Oh yeah, and Pnut and I are twins seperated at birth and a few years. :) Some strange coincedences there that have made us loser buddies. If I get nothing more from this site than my friendship with her, the time spent here will be considered time well spent.

H - 372, C - 340, G - 120

Gone for Good CLUB ! I just wanted to introduce my self... I'm DeAnn from Washington state. South of Seattle about 40 miles. I am married to a wonderful supportive man for yrs. we have two sons 26 & 20 and one wonderful daughter in-law. I just left my job of 26 yrs. It was very hard to do! it was not my choice. I was a childcare director and the business sold and new owner didn't want me.. SAD!! So now I am searching for new work. I have been over weight for the past 46 years and 7 months. My birth weight was 6 lbs and at three weeks tripled my weight. SO as you can see the battle has been a long time.. Childhood name calling, mean Jr & high school jokes.. no dates or dances in school. Then looking for love in the wrong places and wrong people ( just someone to care about me at my weight ) and then finding love that was the right.but never able to do the fun things we did as a family like racing cars, boating, feeling comfy at the car shows, fitting on a airplane..ect... I am looking so forward to the band. I have my first appointment March 8,06 hope to banded before Memorial day. I have read all the bio and feel I could take bits and pieces of each and would have mine. I can't wait FOR GONE FOR GOOD!

My personal goal is to be down in the onelanders by August 27 Th 2008 to Celebrate our twenty fifth wedding anniversary with a wedding and renewing our vows and me in a wedding gown.

Hi All,

My name is Holly. I'm 46 (actually had to think a bit before I remembered!! - Just shows I really am 46!), have been married to the same wonderful man for 27 years, and have a beautiful, kind, intelligent, hard-working 16 year old daughter. We are a homeschooling family living in southwest Louisiana and I am a licensed florist - currently unemployed by choice.

I'm get tired of talking about my weight gain/loss/gain/loss/gain history so if it's ok I'll just post my stats.

highest/surgery/current (total loss)

400+/403/343/ (-60)

(Edited because I forgot to say some things)

Hi All!

I'm 51, born and raised in Massachusetts, and married 28 years. Like so many of you I've battled being overweight ALL my life. I have NO "skinny" pictures in my family album. "Chubette" was a word I grew up with (pre "plus size" lingo for those yunguns out there...).

I have lost over 100 pounds TWICE in my lifetime with the disappointing and devastating weight gain occuring within two years afterward. (Neither time did the 100 pound loss actually put me in the category of "thin".) There have been MANY MANY in-between weight losses ranging from 10-60 pounds at a time, NONE of them have obviously "stuck"! :faint:

That is why I AM SO EXCITED :biggrin1: to DARE to BELIEVE that THIS time it will stay GONE FOREVER! I am not so ignorant to believe that it won't come with hard work and persistence, (As my history shows...) but what I needed most before banding was HOPE! Hope that THIS time will be different! That THIS time, even if not "thin" by the world's standards, I CAN BE less heavy and healthy (and STAY that way!)

I read about the lap band on the internet years ago when I was in behavioral counseling for weight loss (which didn't work, obviously)... the hospital was just introducing the gastric bypass at the time which was offered to me, but I refused. I told them, SOME day, when this band comes to the U.S. (they had never heard of it) MAYBE I'll consider it! Well, SOME day has finally arrived for me and I feel wonderful, grateful, and HOPEFUL!

A great BIG thank you to everyone who posts, I have "devoured" every wonderful word over the past couple months!

This is a place of HOPE and I so appreciate you all! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Day two into this, and not doing so good. Wed. night is girl's night out in my neck of the woods. There is like 10-15 of us. Last night is was mexican food and margarita's. I had the cheese off of a cheese enchilada, and one small margarita. That alone has to 1000 calories.

Anyway, today is a new day. I am starting over.

Best of luck to the rest of ya'll!!!!!!!!!

Hello Everyone,

My Name Is Rhonda. I Was Banded 12/16/05 And This Is My First Challenge. I Live And Grew Up In Ohio (close To Cincinnati). So Far I Have No Regrets In Regards To Getting The Band. I Am Down 42lbs And My First Goal Is To Get To 200lb By July. My Longterm Goal Is 150lb. I Feel So Much Better Already. I Am Moving Around Easier And A Have A Bit Higher Energy Level. Good Luck To All Of You In This Challenge.

Rhonda

Banded 12/15/05

270/228/150

Hello all

My name is Cynthia , banded Nov.2004 by Dr. Hadar Spivak- Houston, the best doc ever.....today I recieved my 4th fill and ready to continue to loose! I actually gained some weight since my last ticker update, but I am on my way back down.. I am 29! eeehhh I thought I would never say that...anyways Im single, never been married and have Zero babys!! One day I hope to though. Right now its time to focus on me and my goal. I wish everyone the best and I promise not to post late next time....

Cynthia

H-296

S-296

C-224

G-140-150

(-72)

Hi! I'm Laura and my family and I live in Keller, Tx. I will post a short bio this weekend when I have more time but I wanted to get my numbers in for the stats.

Highest 278

Surgery weight 274

Current 230

Weight when joined club 230

Goal 150?

Can't wait!!

First I'd like to say, that everyone on here has been so great. I really appreciate having a forum like this to gain knowledge and maybe give some also.

I am a single mother, living in Lodi, California. A recent transplant here, I have lived in the SF Bay area for most of my life. I decided after being fat most all of my 33 years to get banded Jan 5,2006. My starting weight was 291 and I am happy to report as of yesterday I am at 255.5. There are so many advantages to this new lifestyle that the sacrifices are well worth it.

I am excited to take this challenge and I am so happy for all of us that we can support and challenge each other in a positive way. I wish everyone the best of luck and I know we can all succeed!!

Hi everyone my name is Betje, i'm from Oranjestad, ARUBA in the Caribbean. I'm 37 years old mother from a beautifull girl name Bettiza she's 13 years. I travel to Caracas, Venezuela for my surgery. Surgery date 286 pounds and now 239:clap2: i'm so happy with my band i wish all of you banded or not Good Luck with weight loss. I know it's very hard, but if we all join we can make it!!!

1. Highest 300

2. Surgery date 286

3. Current 239

4. Goal 175

can someone help me with the ticker factory PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE

Betje - On the last page of the ticker factory, you'll see a box named bbCode. Copy everything inside that box from thru. Paste that into your signature and you should have it.

I am nykee and I gained 7 pounds in the last week and I am pissed

I cant be here every wednesday.... I mean I cant remember to be...

I dont even understand this challenge.. (or most of them)

Plus there is no way I can weigh my self once a week NOR would I want to..

So, take it out if you need to ,.. cuz I really dont know whats going on..

(I see my name on the chart on the first page.... I dont want anyone waiting on me)

GOOD LUCK to All of you~!~~~

(((HUGS))) and Support howeverr you need it..!!