Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded For Two Years 1/2 And Haven't Met My Goal!!!

I was so excited about getting this band and like every other attempt to loose weight I have failed once again. I try and ignore my failure but it's always in the back of my mind. I have learned how to over eat with the band. I am so dissapointed that I don't have the control to follow through with this. I started off at 226 and am down to 188. I act like I am content but really I would love to go the rest of the way with my weight loss. My goal is 160. It will be 3 years Sept. 9th. I would like to get back on the band wagon and get down to my goal. Any suggestions???

STOP eating around the band and get back to basics! Start completely over! Go back to a week of liquids, move on to mushies, etc to get back on tract. Watch your calories and get your booty movin ;)

Pretend like you were banded yesterday. Every day you wake up is a do-over. You know how to eat.

OMG!!! YOU CAN DO IT. It's 28 pounds. I agree, get back to the basics. Eat healthy and exercise. I screw up, but the next day I get back at it. Don't let the old habits take over. If you have bad days, so what... but don't let it be everyday. Seriously.... you can do this. Track your calories so you can see what you are eating. I would strongly suggest a site like Sparkpeople or My Fittness Pal. I track everything that goes in my mouth and every calorie burned with exercise. It keeps me accountable! Good Luck to you! You CAN DO IT!

You are so far from being a failure.... I agree with all the other posrs, just start over and track calories!!! You can do it... You owill be at goal weight in no time!!!!

So close, yet so far. When you say you've learned to eat around your band,. Do you mean you eat between meals?

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the encouragment! Yes, I have been eating the way I did before the band just smaller portions. I have stayed at this weight for about a year and 1/2 now. I am ready to get back on track and complete this journey! I know it has to be a lifestyle change not just a period of time that I do well or I will be right back to where I am at.

OMG!!! YOU CAN DO IT. It's 28 pounds. I agree, get back to the basics. Eat healthy and exercise. I screw up, but the next day I get back at it. Don't let the old habits take over. If you have bad days, so what... but don't let it be everyday. Seriously.... you can do this. Track your calories so you can see what you are eating. I would strongly suggest a site like Sparkpeople or My Fittness Pal. I track everything that goes in my mouth and every calorie burned with exercise. It keeps me accountable! Good Luck to you! You CAN DO IT!

Dear TKW

May be it's by bad math, but I added all cc's in your band and it came up to 18 cc in 10 cc band. Am I wrong, or they can do it ? I am concerned because I have only 4,5 cc empty and another 60 lbs to go..

Hi everyone' date='

Thanks for the encouragment! Yes, I have been eating the way I did before the band just smaller portions. I have stayed at this weight for about a year and 1/2 now. I am ready to get back on track and complete this journey! I know it has to be a lifestyle change not just a period of time that I do well or I will be right back to where I am at. [/quote']

Once your head gets there the rest will follow. I just recommitted about a month ago and have lost 9 pounds already. I haven't even added back in the exercise yet.

I didn't go back to liquids and mushies because I knew that wasn't realistic for me, having been banded for 4 years. I just cut the bullshit.

Stopped drinking with meals. Stopped eating fast food and unhealthy slider foods. Stopped eating ice cream. Stopped eating out.

I havent charted my food, but I know my intake is appropriate. Chobani with 1/3 Kashi for Breakfast. Hard boiled eggs with hummus or 1 cup homemade chilli for lunch. dinner is always 3-4 oz of dense Protein with 1/2 cup fresh veggies (usually asparagus). If I am hungry between meals I will drink a Protein Drink or snack on 7 almonds. I drink toooons of Water. All day. I force myself to sip sip sip.

You know what to do. Just get your brain there. It starts between our ears. You have been very successful. You can make it to goal. Those last 20 pounds I heard are the hardest!!!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the encouragment! Yes, I have been eating the way I did before the band just smaller portions. I have stayed at this weight for about a year and 1/2 now. I am ready to get back on track and complete this journey! I know it has to be a lifestyle change not just a period of time that I do well or I will be right back to where I am at.

Girl you can do it! you just have to keep telling ur self it will all be worth it at the end.

I have the same issue! It will be three years for me in Nov. I've lost 65 lbs and my goal is 25 lbs more and I just can't lose it! It is so frustrating! I have been filled so much, I can only eat very small amounts, I walk every morning before work and have added weights in the evenings 3 times a week, but still nothing! I just keep hoping eventually I'll get past this plateau at some point. It just sucks when you're so close to your goal and just can't get there. Good luck to you!

Dear TKW

May be it's by bad math, but I added all cc's in your band and it came up to 18 cc in 10 cc band. Am I wrong, or they can do it ? I am concerned because I have only 4,5 cc empty and another 60 lbs to go..

Sorry, I've never thought of it but kind of misleading.

That is the total after each fill, not how much extra was in each fill. My first fill was 3.7, my next fill was 1.0 = 4.7

Total 5.6 cc currently in my band.

You can totally do this. You've recognized you have a problem and that's the first step. Maybe you could spend a week eating whatever you want, knowing you're going to get back on the wagon and spend that time getting excited, like you did before you got the band. And then do exactly what you did when you first started. I did a week of liquids and 2 weeks of mushies. Maybe after that it would be time for a fill : ))