Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm a nurse, too. I'm hoping to have my surgery by June/July. There sure are a lot of us. Too busy taking care of everyone but ourselves.

Hi. I'm a RGN and working as a Practice Nurse at a Gp surgery. I was going to go back to work after one week but would have only worked one day before having the long Easter weekend. I'm glad I had a 12 day run as out of the blue, I had a bit of an emotional day on day 9. I had sat as a passenger in my parents car while we went to visit a relative. I think my stomach became very tense from riding over all the potholes and by the time I was home, I was washed out. I did a small chore, something broke and the tears started.

Actually going back to work gave me a buzz and a better routine but sitting at my desk/computer gave me a severe backache. It happened for the first 3 days but the nurse at hospital did not feel it was band related( i had even wondered if it was due to new shoes). I changed chairs, took analgesia and used a hot waterbottle on my back. It has been alot better from day 4. Strange ;0/

I'm a nurse in Colorado, banded 3/19/12. First fill Thursday and I'm so ready.

I'm a nurse in Colorado' date=' banded 3/19/12. First fill Thursday and I'm so ready.[/quote']

Let us know how your doing and how the fill gies

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Hi, I have been an LVN for 41 years, and had my lap band surgery on 3/14/12. At 5'6", my highest weight was 320 lbs. On 3/26, at my PCP's office, I weighed an amazing 298. Unfortunately, later that same day, I was in a motorcycle wreck and fractured my pelvis and right hip, so my exercise program has to be on hold for 3 months. My first fill also had to be postponed, but I am definitely eating much less than pre-surgery. I haven't been able to weigh myself because my scale at home keeps giving an error message when I try to balance on one foot. I have certainly gained new knowledge transitioning from nurse to patient. The lap band surgery was a breeze and I wish all of you continued success in your life transformation journey.photo is of me & my wife.

post-312527-13813139973002_thumb.jpg

Texas Hospital bans healthcare workers with BMI over 35

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/05/eeoc-texas-hospital-that-bars-obese-workers-not-necessarily-discriminatory/

What do you guys think?

I know plenty of great obese nurses as well as plenty of terrible skinny ones. I'm sure you do too.

Hi' date=' I have been an LVN for 41 years, and had my lap band surgery on 3/14/12. At 5'6", my highest weight was 320 lbs. On 3/26, at my PCP's office, I weighed an amazing 298. Unfortunately, later that same day, I was in a motorcycle wreck and fractured my pelvis and right hip, so my exercise program has to be on hold for 3 months. My first fill also had to be postponed, but I am definitely eating much less than pre-surgery. I haven't been able to weigh myself because my scale at home keeps giving an error message when I try to balance on one foot. I have certainly gained new knowledge transitioning from nurse to patient. The lap band surgery was a breeze and I wish all of you continued success in your life transformation journey.photo is of me & my wife.[/quote']

Hope your ok. Lease keep us posted

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/05/eeoc-texas-hospital-that-bars-obese-workers-not-necessarily-discriminatory/

What do you guys think?

I know plenty of great obese nurses as well as plenty of terrible skinny ones. I'm sure you do too.

Wow!!

I'm an RN in San Antonio, banded 3/7. 32lbs down so far.

Hi, I'm an LPN in CNY and **trying** to get into nursing school - it's so hard around here with the economy! I've been an LPN for 14 years and finished all my pre-reques last spring just need nursing core courses ..... i have no more tears and can't take anymore rejection from schools. There are only 3 schools around here one of them is self study and I'm a visual learner so that's a no-go, the other two are booked years down the road! =/ so I'm an LPN =)

LOL - sorry for the vent!!

dionaw- Sent from my iPad using LBT

What do you guys think?

All I can say is

WTFudge.

My hospital bans employees from smoking and not just on campus.

It's getting ridiculous.

I'm Mandy, RN in L&D St Louis MO

So nice to see you all :)

My surgery date is tomorrow!!!!!!

Hi' date=' I'm an LPN in CNY and **trying** to get into nursing school - it's so hard around here with the economy! I've been an LPN for 14 years and finished all my pre-reques last spring just need nursing core courses ..... i have no more tears and can't take anymore rejection from schools. There are only 3 schools around here one of them is self study and I'm a visual learner so that's a no-go, the other two are booked years down the road! =/ so I'm an LPN =)

LOL - sorry for the vent!!

dionaw- Sent from my iPad using LBT[/quote']

Sorry to be dense but is CNY central New York?

If you want to move there are lots of opportunities for educational here in St Louis. Waiting lists too tho... I doubt you want to move but keep trying.

Good luck!

All I can say is

WTFudge.

My hospital bans employees from smoking and not just on campus.

It's getting ridiculous.

I'm Mandy, RN in L&D St Louis MO

So nice to see you all :)

My surgery date is tomorrow!!!!!!

Good luck with your surgery! Can't wait to hear all about it.

I got my MSN from St. Louis University.

i'm definitely not a nurse but i hope to be one some day. i am currently taking classes to become a medical assistant. if i like that i plan to move forward at some point and start nursing school. good luck with your surgery!

i'm definitely not a nurse but i hope to be one some day. i am currently taking classes to become a medical assistant. if i like that i plan to move forward at some point and start nursing school. good luck with your surgery!

Good luck to you on your surgery and becoming a nurse :)