Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going Through Some Depression And Regret

I was banded three days ago. I was a self pay cause my insurance would not pay. I sold my work stock to pay some down. I am just thinking I could have spent that money somewhere else. This is a forever thing. Maybe I jumped into it too soon.

I have 4 young boys that need me. They need a healthy mommy to be there for them. I did this before I got diabetes or high blood pressure.

Just thinking out loud

I think you made the right choice. I was banded 3 weeks ago and I have a small child as well. We want to be there for them and lead by example. You made a great investment, you'll realize it as the weight comes off. I've lost 25lbs so far and it's made a big difference. I think the hardest part is I haven't been able to pick up my son! Be encouraged each day will get easier. God bless -

the surgery has made a physical change to our stomach, we need to make the changes to our heads. stinking thinking, we all have it ....when these thoughts start to bubble up, get up, walk outside, take some deep breathes and realize, our thinking has put us in some lousy places in the past, just put the breaks on them... start exercising the brain to not allow these sabatoging messages in. it takes time.

Yes your children do need you. And that's why you got the band...to make sure they their mama will be around and healthy for a very long time. When my 4 year old asked why I was getting this surgery I told her so that I can chase down het future boyfriends ;-)

I understand how you are feeling, I too have wondered if I jumped in without looking! This is much more painful than I thought and I want some pizza or a burger right abuot now! Hang in there.

Three days out is a hard time. You are still hurting and tired of Clear liquids. It just gets better from here! At 39 I had a stroke. 39! I was working out 5 days a week and trying to eat better. I had lost about 30 pounds. Did not prevent me from being in ICU for a week.

I wish I had done lap band years ago. It may have prevented the stroke. It will get better. As you loose weight it will help you stay motivated.

One year in and 75 lbs. Lipton c/noodle in the dehydrated pkg make the Soup and skip noodles. It's not clear but worked great. Good 30 g protien shake at market cooler in veggie isle costs same as just the burger but more flavor protien and v&m plus keeps u satisfied 2-3 hours if drank moderately. 50 lbs to go thanks for support!

I agree with a couple posts above, right now, you are three days out, I too was thinking what on earth did I do!!..I was in pain, and wondering where else I could have spent my money but truth is, I have spent this money and maybe twice that, on diet fads that did not work for me..I am not 4.5 weeks out and now,I feel great..lost some weight, feeling good, more energy and just on a good path. It is still going to take work, but once you get to enjoying life you will be good..heads up!!! Thinking of you!!

You made a good decision 1) for yourself and your health 2) for your children. Please try not to be depressed over a decision that was made regarding your health.

Some people after surgery do feel a bit depressed, but think about the long term. I think it will go away as you see what a great tool this can be for you. As you said, you have 4 kids who need you around. Right now and the next few weeks will be the worst, as you heal and then you don't have any restriction & wait for your first fill. But as you keep working you will see your weight go down and realize it's worth it!

You sure made the right choice, have no regrets! I was down in the dumps 3 days after as well, it will get easier!

I went through the same thing in the beginning it will pass once your feeling better. I hope all goes well for you and don't give up you got this!

The first few days out of surgery are rough. You are mourning food right now. Hang in there. It will get better.

I was self pay also. I still sometimes wonder if I would have been better off putting that money towards an adoption because we are struggling right now to finance one. But I am healthier than I was, and I am back on the road to losing.

Hang in there!! The road will be bumpy for awhile.

Hang in there!! I am 4 days post op and it is getting better everyday! My son (7yrs old) asked me today if I was ever going to get off the couch again?? He had tears in his eyes.......I realized then, that a few days on a couch in pain is so worth the years ahead where I will be running and playing with both my kids.

I just dont think that we really realized that it would be this painful, as it is an out-patient procedure and Lapriscopic on top of it. It will be worth it in the end!!