Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going Through Some Depression And Regret

Just curious if your surgeon had you see a psychiatrist as part of the pre-op guidelines? I had to see one (i was not selfpay, Ins. paid 100%), and im glad i did. He talked at length about the weight loss process, and how your body and mind will be struggling everyday. I am 7 months out, and i still get down in the dumps when i am having a tough week, or month, when the scale just wont budge. It does however get easier, this will be the best investment you have ever made, good luck!

Too true cakelly73!! I am 5 days out and my family ordered pizza last night for dinner.....even tho I had made sure that I had my Protein shake down by the time it came, it was still hard to look and smell the pizza! I knew that I was not hungry per say, but it was my mind that wanted to grab that pizza and shove it in my mouth, not my stomach! We have to deal with the emotional loss of food more that the physical loss and that can be very hard. Talking to someone to get to the bottom of why we eat the way we do may help us to reconcile the 'mind hunger' and the real 'physical hunger'.

Good luck to all of us!! :wacko:

Your body has been through a significant change. These feelings are normal. All though I didn't have to self pay I had a significant out of pocket expense. Decided that I wasn't going to waste that money and it was my motivation to do well. Your health, your children are worth it, and so is he money in the long term! Hang in there. Get some rest!

Just curious if your surgeon had you see a psychiatrist as part of the pre-op guidelines? I had to see one (i was not selfpay' date=' Ins. paid 100%), and im glad i did. He talked at length about the weight loss process, and how your body and mind will be struggling everyday. I am 7 months out, and i still get down in the dumps when i am having a tough week, or month, when the scale just wont budge. It does however get easier, this will be the best investment you have ever made, good luck![/quote']

I am self pay and I didnt have to...they should make everyone see a psychiatrist I think. It will be an interesting journey that's for sure...I certainly have a lot to work through. I can see myself in the same position postop as this poster.

I went to one appointment. Then that's it. I know I wanted the surgery and I could not loose the weight. I wish they had me talk to someone but they did not. The True Results made things too easy. Like they wanted my money and the money from the insurance. I did the surgery because I knew Walmart would not ever pay for WLS. I did this for myself. IDK. We can not take it back huh.

Hang in there! Right now it is an emotional time and a period of adjustment! It will get easier!!!

I went to one appointment. Then that's it. I know I wanted the surgery and I could not loose the weight. I wish they had me talk to someone but they did not. The True Results made things too easy. Like they wanted my money and the money from the insurance. I did the surgery because I knew Walmart would not ever pay for WLS. I did this for myself. IDK. We can not take it back huh.

I went with True Results too. I know they have them everywhere but Im in Arizona. Where are you?

i did true results richardson texas. i knoq it was all my choice but it should have been part of all programs that you talk to someone about the emotional part of this.

I paid for mine as well, and I felt the same thing! It wasn't that I regretted the life change, just the fact I spent so much money for it. But as the days pass it eases. Just the random life events that slapped me in the face and I was like darn I could us that money for other things to help us out. But my husband helps remind me that it was for the best. The way I was living before and my weight wasn't healthy, to have continued that way my kid would be with out a mom and he'd loose his love. He's a wonderful support for me! Couldn't do it with out him.

Attend support group meetings in your area and remember that it gets easier as time goes on. The scale will make you happy again I promise.

*(*(*hugs!!!*)*)*

I know just how you feel. It is really, REALLY hard. The emotional comfort that eating gives me is gone, and I haven't quite learned how to fumble through it using other methods. Then it gets even harder when I have a stuck incident or the scale doesn't go down as much as I think it should and wonder what the heck I did to myself. But then I look at my kids and remember that THIS is part of why I did it. To be healthier for them, to be around for them, because they need me. And I need MYSELF to be the best person I can be.

And remember, you have people to lean on who will support you. Let them help you! (This has been one of my most humbling lessons, as I am the most stubborn, independent person ever lol)

i did true results richardson texas. i knoq it was all my choice but it should have been part of all programs that you talk to someone about the emotional part of this.

I did True Results in Richardson too, I went to one appt and they scheduled my surgery for the next week. It was crazy. I totally was unprepared for the emotional side to all this!

I.Hang in there. Day 5 i was sitting in my shower bawling my eyesg out! A couple of bites of mashed potatoes later I was feeling much better. Yr later & down 110lbs!!!!

I am self pay also and my surgery is in the morning. What made me consider the lap band is when my nephrologist told me that I will develop kidney disease later in life because of my weight. I am already on Lisinopril/HCTZ for high blood pressure. You need to be healthy for you boys! They need you. I could have paid off my truck with those 10 g's but my health is more important. My kiddoes need me. You know, I came home from work one day and noticed that my legs were swollen......I actually had pitting edema like when I was pregnant. That edema sure as hell was a wake up call! Let's see....I already have hypertension, am overweight and my sis has Type I Diabetes! No thanks! I could already see my grimm future being overweight! I am scared to have the surgery but it's do or die! Stay positive! Consider this......maybe the general anesthesia is still lingering in your system and causing you to be down in the dumps...