Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's On Your Grocery List?

I'm getting close to the "normal" food stage and need to go shopping this weekend. What are you buying at the store? What brands?

I always have FAGE greek yogurt on my list (23 G of Protein per serving).

greek yogurt ... low fat string cheese...and what ever fish is on sale...OOoo and lots of salad..

Hummus! FF ricotta cheese w/ spaghetti sauce, cans of tuna/chicken/salmon to make salads w/ miracle whip, Ff pudding cups, Jello, applesauce, and last but not least.... Greek yogurt!! Good luck!

JennyBee hit it on the mark ... i have been loving me some rice pudding lately (i know this wont work for some people) trader joes has a lot of great band friendly items if you have one near by.

quinoa,hummus, eggs, beans

Not much at all! hahaha...definitely saving money!

I buy lean ground beef, frozen chicken tender breast, 2% cheese, greek yougurt (I use for sour cream), light string cheese, vegetables (green/red peppers, tomatoes, broccoli), fruit (berries). I also make my own salsa and Tomato sauce...yum!

does anyone like the dannon brand of greek yogurt. and you just eat the the greek yogurt for do you eat with something.

Low fat string cheese, eggs, the tuna salad already made in a little packet... great when you're on the run. I do buy the Protein Drinks for when I'm on the run, too. Starting to sound like I run too much. Oh, and love the sugar free popsicles!

eggs eggs and eggs.I love hardboiled eggs - hot, cold, on toast, on crackers, on a salad, as a snack.< /p>

I'm always just popping over the supermarket to buy the ingredients for another slow cooker creation. I love meals out of my slow cooker, moist, easy to eat, set and forget for the day. Today there's a huge vegetable lasagna bubbling away - fresh broccoli, cauli, mushrooms, zucchini, carrots and spinach, with a low fat ricotta cheese sauce, Tomato Pasta sauce and mozarella, mmmmm.

For work lunches I buy a variety of crackers, and dips like hummus, or basil pesto, and I just take the box and the dip to work and nibble at it every day.

I'm always buying Soup ingredients, too. I make loads of Soup, its my other work lunch staple. I fill them with Beans, fresh vegies etc. Made an awesome batch of pea and ham soup the other day - sooo healthy.

Staples in my fridge/pantry:

• Chobani greek yogurt (peach or blueberry)
  • Cottage cheese
  • Hummus
  • String cheese
  • Apples (snack with peanut butter)
  • Eggs
  • Salmon
  • Scallops
  • Quinoa
  • Beans (homemade chilli)
  • Turkey Meatballs
  • Cucumber (make veggie dip with greek yogurt)
  • Asparagus

does anyone like the dannon brand of greek yogurt. and you just eat the the greek yogurt for do you eat with something.

I LOVE thw Dannon brand of Greek Yougurt....the blueberry has become my staple food !!!

Thanks for all the advice. I picked up some turkey meatballs, turkey pepperonis and my usuals. I keep trying the greek yogurt but I just can't stand it. The only kind I could actually eat was chobani honey but I had to put extra honey in it just to get it down, I think that defeated the purpose though. I need to find some new foods. I tried the turkey pepperoni chips, and they were pretty good. I dipped mine in Boursin Light cheese. I also have been making a lot fo Kale, which is really good but I'm afraid that wont work once I get my first fill. Thanks again for all the suggestions. Keep'em coming if you have new/more ideas.

I went this afternoon and got:

oscar meyer turkey weiners (40 cal/4 carbs/5 protein)

re-fried Beans

black beans

sf Jello

canned chicken

canned tuna

Ole xtremely healthy tortillas (71 calories/ 5 net carbs/5 protein)

New Whey Protein (42 grams in 4oz)

spinach

strawberries

block cheddar cheese

whole turkey

Fresh green beans

cucumbers

celery

broccoli slaw