Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am day 9 post op. slept on my side and woke up in so much pain at my port site, it hurt to even prop myself up and get out of bed. Feels a little better when i sit up. Id had barely any pain the past few days and I wonder if I just overdid it yesterday? I really hope I didn't damage anything.

Hi everyone ... Just wanted to introduce myself. I get banded 5/30. Just started the two-week liquid diet required by my surgeon. I'm struggling a bit with that - you may have seen my other posts on it.

Anyway, I really enjoy reading about everyone's experiences pre- and post-surgery! I'm excited but really, really nervous too! Any kind of surgery really scares me - I'm kind of a baby about it.

Hi everyone ... Just wanted to introduce myself. I get banded 5/30. Just started the two-week liquid diet required by my surgeon. I'm struggling a bit with that - you may have seen my other posts on it.

Anyway, I really enjoy reading about everyone's experiences pre- and post-surgery! I'm excited but really, really nervous too! Any kind of surgery really scares me - I'm kind of a baby about it.

Welcome! I personally think the pre-op diet was more of struggle than after surgery! I had a couple of days where is wanted to cheat so bad but I just kept telling myself that this stage is TEMPORARY. It will pass. You will get to eat again. Every day you push through is one day closer to that phase being over with. You can do this. It will all be worth it in the end. I made a point to just completely stay out of my kitchen for the 2 weeks and I spent a lot of time looking at before and after pics and reading success stories on this site. It was very helpful.

Anyway' date=' I really enjoy reading about everyone's experiences pre- and post-surgery! I'm excited but really, really nervous too! Any kind of surgery really scares me - I'm kind of a baby about it.[/quote']

The liquid diet is tough, but I agree w/ Popeye... It's easier post op. All of this will be worth it when you have a liver that's healthy enough for surgery. And nothing to be nervous about -- it's over before you know it.

I'm new here. Having surgery may 24. Hello everyone

Welcome jannaboo :)

I'm new here. Having surgery may 24. Hello everyone

Welcome! :)

Good luck to all the new people joining our group. Just think by next week, you will be sharing your story. My first few days have been a little rough, but today is better. I uncovered my incisions today and boy that port site one seems huge to me. Not what I expected and certainly not the one inch I was thinking. I am suffering from the gas pains today worse than anything else. My stomach till hurts but I slept better last night. Drinking 4 ounces every 15 min instead of 1, so progress helps. Thanks for all the advice. The Unjury chicken Soup is too salty for me, but I am getting it down for the protien. Getting my 60 grams in today.

It's my big day tomorrow ! Surgery at 8:30.

Best of luck Shy on your surgery tomorrow. Mine will be next Tues. I am so hungry!

Best of luck Shy on your surgery tomorrow. Mine will be next Tues. I am so hungry!

Thank you :-), I was hungry on Pre op too, I bought those New Whey Protein Shots from Walmart and mixed it with crystal light. Its 42g of Protein in one - they are real sweet though so I just added lots of Water. I did that today for my clear liquid day. The other days I ate Greek yogurt fage brand and added low sugar strawberry preserves and that helped. It was mind over matter. I did cheat and eat dry roasted shelled peanuts w/o salt.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WITH UPCOMING SURGERIES!

I was banded yesterday, and my BIGGEST "complaint" is this GAS!!! GAS=the DEVIL! It is the worst, I have tried EVERYTHING to no avail... I have no clue what incision pain feels like because the GAS has taken over! :-o

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Yes the gas is painful. I had the gas in my shoulder and it hurt bad. The best thing for me was to walk. No pain meds helped me. It does finally go away within about 3 days. Hope this helps. Good luck

I was at my pre op class today and they said most of their patients don't have a problem with gas pain because they're woken up to walk every 2 hours. Lol So, that sounds horrible, but I guess better than painful gas!

Was banded yesterday and it went way better thatn i pictured it to beThe pain well not much just gas pain and i walked and walked til i just cudnt walk anymore toda has been ok just a lil more sore and I am getting all my Protein and Water in.Just really drousy from the pain meds.Still got a lil gas in m shoulder and back but other than that feeling okay for now!!!!!

Yes and I'm still encouraged if I'm not meeting my Protein for the day.

I was banded yesterday and had my first shake this morning.