Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Confused!!!

So I just had my 3rd fill this morning and the pa who did it made a comment that caused me some confusion. She said that the band will never help me feel totally full, but I needed to use it as a tool. wth??? I thought it was supposed to help me feel full with 1/2c - 1c of food. Do you guys who are in the green zone feel satisfied/full? Did I just misunderstand her? She told me I needed to train myself to feel full with that amount of food. If I wanted to do that, I would have just gone on a diet. Please let me know if I totally misunderstood her or all the research I did before I got the band.

Maybe you misunderstood her, you should be between 1/2-1 cup of food and feel satisfied. I can say I do get full and when I get that feeling I stop whether its 1/2c, 3/4c etc. When my body hiccups, that's my signal that I'm full. I think I am in the green zone after 1 fill. I eat 2 small meals a day, no snacking in between, and less than 1200 cal. Training yourself to be full, I have never heard of that.The band is a tool, with it you should be eating less and smaller amounts. At the right restriction you will get that full feeling and take in smaller amounts. I told my pa I was scared of food and she laughed and said I should be. Hope this helps, goodluck on your journey to being a healthier you.

Nurses are not doctors.

I also think either you misunderstood her or she's grossly misinformed.

I am very much in the Green Zone and I definitely feel full. VERY full. I can eat between 1/2c-1c of food at a sitting and I'm full for 4-5 hours after eating. When I am eating, I'll burp a couple times and get this tight almost lump feeling in my throat. I know when I feel that, I can't take another bite. I'm done.

When I eat I am satisfied, rarely have I felt full.

There is mind-full and body-full. The band totally takes care of body full! Really! But I am finding it more difficult to stop myself just coz my plate isn't done or because I really want those last few bites. So mind-full is all about you.

Last night I went out for dinner with work, ordered sushi, was full after 6 pieces! I knew it, my body gave me very clear signals, yet I still went for a few more!

Today I looked at the food I packed for lunch and thought it's so little! 4 meat balls and 3 tbs of mashed zucchini, I haven't even finished it yet and the day is almost over.

Don't worry just keep getting tighter till you are in the zone, you'll know when you are there :)

I agree that there are days when it's a fight between my mind and the band but the band helps me make the decision to quit. There are days when I am full and it is because of the band!

I think the biggest thing about today is that she spoke to me as if I was a child. I was being honest and I felt as if she judged me. I've learned from you guys what the possibilities are with this band and I'm ready to get there (all in due time). But I've also learned that I won't get there if I'm not honest with the people doing my fills. Thanks for educating me, guys and gals. You've empowered me!

The feeling of being full after being banded is very different than the feeling of being full before having the band (for me, anyway). I don't get that stomach bloated, need to undo the button on my pants feeling of fullness anymore (thankfully). The feeling of fullness now is more in my chest. If I don't stop when I get that feeling, anything more I eat will come back up. In my opinion, it's so much better than walking around all icky and bloated!

I have only felt truly full once sense being banded. I still don't think I am in the green zone but getting closer. I do eat less than before and I think the mental hunger is the hardest part to deal with. I do think once in the green zone it will let you know when you are full. I did not do this to be on another diet so it better work lol.

I agree with toddy...full before the band and after are 2 different things...full after the band for me is more a feeling in the middle of my chest..and a hiccup..and also a general loss of interest in what i'm eating...never thought I would loose interest in food..lol.soooo weird