Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Secret Foods That Has Made Your Journey Easier?

I haven't been banded long, but I definitely have found foods I am loving.

-Tyson Grilled chicken breast strips. Easy to heat up and mix with a little sauce.

- Cottage cheese with pineapple.

- Fage 2% plain with applesauce and 1 packet sweet n' low.

I will have to try the turkey crumbles when I get to the store next. I have found myself buying more of the portioned items (portioned egg cups, rice cups, etc) which is nice. I used to hate buying these things because the per oz price is so much more than the box of eggs or the box of rice... Oh well, I am definitely worth a little bit more $$.

Hi, i havent been here for a while. Its nice to get back and see what people are giving hints about. I am nearly 2 years post op. Broccoli and pineapple are two of the not recommended foods for me, but sound good.

I could not cope without baked Beans -( couldn't find these on a recent trip to Hawaii) and i love hard boiled eggs mashed up with cottage cheese and spring onions on thin brown rice crackers.

Sounds like me. Seems that is my comfort food' date=' along with either crackers or sliced cucumbers.

Our local Deli sees me coming! I'm too lazy to make my own.[/quote']

Lol! It is easy foods. I still find that it seems something is missing, like bread. Actually I used to eat sandwich thins but now I try to just do a small svg of Special K crackers with the salads.

wait .... Mio ias a sweet tea flavor?!?!?!?!?!?!? GET OUT!!!! im making my grocery list right now actually.

stephyanders- I second the fage greek yourgurt. I put splenda in it, takes away a lot of the tang I don't care for. I eat it with 1/2 c Fiber one for Breakfast. Cereal has 1/2 of the daily fiber your suppossed to get. Applesauce sounds good too.

home made chili

i love spaghetti squash. I use the Morningstar Crumbles, fresh mushrooms and some Ragu...throw in lots of spices and mix it with the squash. I like it so much better then real Pasta. I'm scheduled for my first fill on Monday, so this helps to keep me satisfied with very few calories since 1/2 cup of food is not satisfying me at the moment.

wait .... Mio ias a sweet tea flavor?!?!?!?!?!?!? GET OUT!!!! im making my grocery list right now actually.

I love the MIO Sweet Tea. If I have a sore throat, I mix it in with hot Water. I find it at all the local grocery stores & Walmart.< /p>

I have to agree about Mio. I LOVE the sweet tea! I use it every day. I also like the strawberry/ watermelon flavor. Haven't tried the others yet. I did try Great Value brand of the fruit punch and do NOT care for it at all. I'm sure the Mio brand is good. I also love crystal light green tea peach mango.

I love the low fat Wheat Thins with a wedge of Laughing Cow light swiss spread on it. 8 crackers and 1 wedge is only about 100 calories.

I also really love the sugar free Jello pudding for a treat. The Boston Cream and Deluce (caramel) are incredible and only 60 calories.

I drink tons of Lipton mixed berry diet green tea. Zero calories and it doesn't taste "diet" at all. It's sweet and refreshing, and for me it's a great substitute for the pop I used to drink.

I am newly banded and still on mushies. I am lovin the cajun 15 bean Soup mixed with some canned chicken. Great ideas everyone. To drink I make homemade lemonade with splenda. The tart lemons cover the sweetner taste.

For me...soup of all kinds! (Except Soup with Pasta in it.) Tomato Soup especially!

Beans of all kinds has been invaluable. Baked Beans, bean soup, bean dip, hummus, etc.

cheese has been a great help. So has almonds! (Portion control is key with both foods though.)

And yogurt!

I mix a veggie seasoning packet into Fage Greek yogurt. Makes a high Protein veggie dip. Yum-o.

Sliced apple with PB.

Wheat thins w/ laughing cow or hummus.

String cheese.

Peach Chobani with Kashi Go Lean Crunch added on top.

Home made chili. Lots of beans!! I use ground turkey instead of ground meat.

Salmon. Love salmon. Bake with salsa on top and it is incredibly moist!! (22 mins at 400)

pumpkin tofu Soup. Very yummy and filling.

Hard boiled eggs with the yolk removed and filled filled with hummus. Or egg salad using hummus instead of mayo.

For a sweet treat, Skinny Cow truffle ice cream bars. 100 calories of pure bliss.

Also, plain greek yogurt with sugar and fat free Jello or pudding crystals mixed in. U can also mix in the crystal lite crystals. Endless possibilities! Just be careful w the puddibg crystals because it makes the yogurt super thick if u use too much.

Mine has been split pea soup! I started when I was on the liquid diet after surgery, strained the peas and drank the liquid. Since then, I have been making a batch every week, freezing it, and taking it for lunches or warming it up at home. I've read that peas aid digestion and are good for the stomach, and I noticed that when I don't eat my pea Soup for lunch, sometimes my stomach doesn't feel as good as it does when I do eat it. Here's a recipe:

1 bag dried split peas

6 cups chicken broth (for one lb of peas, follow instructions on pckg using broth instead of water)

1/2 package chicken apple sausage, chopped small

1 small-medium onion

1/2 bag baby carrots, chopped

lemon juice

fresh mint, chopped

garlic, pepper, thyme, rosemary, salt, basil, etc..to taste. I use fresh herbs if I have them, dry if I don't.

olive oil or whatever healthy oil you like

cook the peas as directed on package, add carrots while the peas are cooking to get the flavors meshed and the carrots softened. Saute the sausage and onions in the oil until brown, add to soup and let the whole thing simmer until peas are done - there should be no whole peas visible, just green mushy yummines. Add herbs last to retain the flavors of the herbs, especially the mint. Add lemon juice. Eat!