Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats The Workout To Loose Weight Faster?

I just started the program a few weeks ago.

But week 1, the program starts with 1 minute jogs with 2 minutes walking in between.

As the weeks go on the progression changes also. But you can stay at a level untill you're ready to move on.

The one I have, plays you music and has verbal instructions.

Is that the Active.com app from iTunes? Does it use your own music to shuffle then tells when to walk/jog...etc? I think it is 1.99....just want to make sure I get the right thing.

Is that the Active.com app from iTunes? Does it use your own music to shuffle then tells when to walk/jog...etc? I think it is 1.99....just want to make sure I get the right thing.

I use "Ease Into 5K" and I really like it so far. It is 2.99. They have a few free ones out there that work just fine if you want basics and don't want all the extra stats. I wanna know distance and pace etc, that is why I like Ease Into 5K.

And it is totally doable!! I still weigh over 300 and I just repeat a week until I am ready to move on.

yes that's the one I use. It is the 2012 best Health & fitness App award.

I've been doing cardio workout tapes everyday for about 30 mins and it's been working fabulous but now the weight loss is a lot slower and I've had the band since sept 2011, any suggestions to get the weight loss back on track?

That's what I've been using for 2 years, same thing, it got to be monotonous. I would do 20 minutes on my own, then the 30-40 Cardio Coach, then finish up an Hour on my own.

So that's why I went to running. I still do 30 minutes on the elliptical, then my weights, then finish with 30 minutes of Couch to 5K.

I really do like, and highly recommend Cardio Coach to everyone who has never used it.

Cardio coach is AWESOME. So is My Treadmill Trainer, same thing, different trainer. Google them. If you think you cant motivate yourself to get through a 40 minute workout, the time will fly by. And it makes you work hard, not waste your time at really low intensity.

My Treadmill Trainer has hill walking workouts for the treadmill also. All the way up to 16% incline, its a killer, and my treadie only goes up to 12%. I'm going to use that whilst I recover from my Tummy Tuck - not doing anything just yet - to get in a good cardio workout without the pounding of running, which I'm not allowed to do for six weeks.

I have been alternating between Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and "this is Taebo" by the famous Billy Blanks. Both are very difficult and have varying levels of intensity. 30 day shred requires a lot of strength training so it's not good to do it every day. I will sometimes throw in a bike ride or a jog to throw by muscles for a loop too.

Sign up for a free pass for a gym that offers group classes. Take a bunch of classes throughout the free period and then see if there is something you really like. I just discovered Bosu classes and I already can't get enough. You just have to find something that is not easy that you want to get better at!

For maximum fat loss? Cardio Cardio Cardio! (with some strength training too but most of the emphasis on cardio) And it's a matter of finding the cardio beast of your choice that you can stick to... If you can run like Jacqui and you like it - you'll get addicted to it and that's great - but I despise running - absolutely hate it! My weapon of choice is a spin bike... No matter what tool or tools you choose (variety is best), make certain you're training all three of your target heart rate zones (if you are healthy enough).

I love running! and now the stairclimber

i love my Water fitness class 3 x a week. you dont feel like youre working out because the water keeps you cool, but oh what a workout ! i also walk when i can as i want to be a runner too someday, right now im at the mostly walk , some jogging stage. But hey, as long as you're moving and enjoying it you're more likely to stick with it ! I dont enjoy working out to exercise videos but i heard that some libraries have them to check out just like a book. good luck !

Hey bambam, long time no see!

Hey Jacqui! Yeah I'm terrible about long disappearing spells! :D Fortunately our village has excellent, steady, and reliable warriors like you with rock solid advice!

I second checking out a Couch to 5K program. I used to do that and it helped immensely with my esteem and made me feel like I could do anything. I weighed 330 when I started it and got down to 284 before I had band complications and sidelined the program. I am just starting it up again and look forward to it!!

Now they have great apps for your phone where you can listen to your own music and it will prompt you when to run, when to walk, and when to jog.

Check out the app "Ease into 5K". Love it!!! It is an 8 week program, but I repeat week 1 until I am comfortable moving on to week 2. Then I do week 2 until I feel ready to move on to week 3. Do it at your own pace. It is quite motivating!!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Which do you think is best for us non-runners? They both sound really good. Since you've used both, you're a great resource. I have about 50 lbs. to lose and am hovering at 200.

Which do you think is best for us non-runners? They both sound really good. Since you've used both' date=' you're a great resource. I have about 50 lbs. to lose and am hovering at 200.[/quote']

Not sure what you mean by "both". I used to use a podcast where I had to listen to the music someone recorded their prompts to run or walk to. Now with "Ease into 5k" I can listen to my own music and get voice prompts over the music. It also tracks distance, pace, etc.

I highly recommend it. If you don't want to spend the 2.99... There are free apps that will prompt you over your music but they dont track your stats.

Depends on your needs/wants. Happy running!!!

well im trying to figure this out myself because i was doing cardio but after seeing some of these before and after pics, seems as if some of them are working their stomachs out but i was advised not to do any exercise for my stomach due to the injectable port and possibly moving. my dr told me that theres not much i can do for my stomach but idk if thats true cuz some of these ppl look good with GREAT stomachs unless im missing something.