Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Solids Week Out From Surgery

Hello everyone, I had my lap band on the 21st march. I stayed overnight. Ok I was informed about everything after the lap band except no one told me I wouldn't get my first fill until like 4 weeks in!! Anyway only 5 days after my surgery I was starving could eat solids like anything really and it went down fine until I found out I shouldnt be doing that. So now I'm on Clear Liquids (which is a b***h) but I'm always hungry and I know I can swallow solids!! I'm worried I've jepordized my lap band. :(:(

not banded yet but my surgeon wants me on solids a wk post op every dr.diff. u should do what ever he says but i dont think u hurt ur band or mine wouldnt have me do solids a wk out.good luck

Just be careful. If u pop stitches (stomach grinds to digest when u eat solids) it will put u at a greater risk for slippage down the road

Hello! Goodluck! Wow I never heard any doc suggest that? I'm amazed. But yes sticking to the clear liquids :( so hard to resist temptation.

Hello! Goodluck! Wow I never heard any doc suggest that? I'm amazed. But yes sticking to the clear liquids :( so hard to resist temptation.

I'm 4 weeks post op and for lack of a better term....its a B...I don't go for my first fill until the 14th of April. So welcome to Bandster Hell lol. During this time we are doing this with our own willpower. Your body needs to heal so stay with the liquids and/or mushies. I'm still on mushies and chopped/ground foods. I can't swallow some things yet. But remember this, It's only for a time and the time will come when you'll hit the "sweet spot" and won't have to use our own willpower. We can do this one last time for the Gipper! I have to find something else to do to get my mind off hunger. Jello, for me, kind of filled me up and drinking lots of Water, Protein Shakes.< /p>

I'm there with ya sister. UNITED WE STAND!

Hello! Thankyou for your post! - I understand it's for the healing but no told me about this stage. I'm back on liquids I won't lie to you. I have cheated on small things a few times and I don't feel bad when I do. I'm Italian and it's sooo hard to say no. I'm still loosing weight but can't wait till I get my fill and until i can eat mushie food lol!!

Did your doctor not tell you about the post op food plan!?!? My doctor had me on clear liquids for 7 days, full liquids (tomato soup) 7 days, 7 days smooth mushies (yogurt), 7 days lumpy mushies (cottage cheese).

PLEASE STOP ANY CHEATING!! You can damage your stomach at this time. The post op diet sucks but you need to follow it.

I know you are new to the board. Please don't take my post as being mean spirited. I really am a supportive person. When it comes to someones long term health I will be very pointed. Being able to eat solids does not mean you should.

My doc is a little different in that I am on clears for 48 hours and then full liquids until my first pre-op at day 9. If all is okay they put you on solids on day 10. First fill is at 3 weeks.

Hello! Thankyou for your post! - I understand it's for the healing but no told me about this stage. I'm back on liquids I won't lie to you. I have cheated on small things a few times and I don't feel bad when I do. I'm Italian and it's sooo hard to say no. I'm still loosing weight but can't wait till I get my fill and until i can eat mushie food lol!!

Hang in there but really try to stick to the clear liquids for at least 7 days( or whatever your doc says) I also had my sugery on March 21st- I started out with clear liquids now I have moved on to the thicker Soups and clear liquids , NO SUGAR! after 7 more days on this will start mushies. I was starving at first now it is getting easier have lost 9 lbs so between that and the fear of messing up my band that is what keeps me honest!.... YOU CAN DO IT!

I too was banded on the 21st. My doc has apparently a very strict diet :-/ 3 weeks of clears and Protein Shakes, then 1 week mushies, 1 week softs, 1 week transition and then finally real food! It sucks really bad but think of how nice it will feel to be thin! 12lbs down so far...

I too was banded on the 21st. My doc has apparently a very strict diet :-/ 3 weeks of clears and Protein shakes, then 1 week mushies, 1 week softs, 1 week transition and then finally real food! It sucks really bad but think of how nice it will feel to be thin! 12lbs down so far...

Wondering if you are starving like me? my stomach is constantly growling! I guess every doc is different on the post op diet rules, I just started yesterday with the thicker Soups and sugar free pudding ( w/skim milk) but other wise stil on Clear liquids and honestly so hungry! well it shall pay off to be thin:)

Absolutely starving like you wouldn't believe!!! I have dreams of food, it's all i think about! I didn't have a pre-op diet so i went from eating everything i wanted to nothing! It was hard!!still is! I cant even do the thick Soups or puddings :( just sugar free juices, clear broths, Water, and my 3 shakes a day. In my 7 days post-op i have never had a moment of "fullness". It's enough to make you lose your mind! Hang in there!

Hi all - it definitely is hard but like you said i

Just need to think of the bigger picture- well in our case the smaller picture. Lol I want to be healthy and thin soo bad tgat I just need to remind myself "it's just food" by the by is any having trouble sleeping on either side. I need to use a pillow!

I find it uncomfortable to be on my side in certain positions, especially port side. Not really pain, more of a tugging feeling. Tried on my stomach and that was alright, but i was anxious about if i was doing any damage