Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery early this morning. I woke up in recovery in a lot of pain and after being maxed out on pain meds I was still in pain. Now home for several hours I'm still in pretty good pain. Beside pain meds I've only had some sips of Water and a sf Popsicle. Now I just threw it all up plus a lot more Fluid I never drank?? Any advice would be welcomed.

how come they sent you home.. when I had surgery i was there overnight and i didnt have any liquids. I think that the liquid you vomited was the anesthia because it happen to me also. hope you feel better soon i know the way you feel

I was told the lap band was a day surgery. If I would have gotten bypass or sleeve I would have stayed. I think they should keep u though because I can't get a hold on this pain alone.

I think you should call them asap and let them know whats going on and then they should admitt you because the pain is horrible and you might need ivy fluids to stay hydrated,,,, I wish you the best keep me posted on how things go

I'm sorry you've had such an unhappy day :( I had my surgery this morning too, and I have been okay. How did they even discharge you if your pain was so severe?

Have you been taking your pain meds on time? If you are still in pain, I would recommend calling the Dr or going to the emergency room.

I agree with stephy, you should not be so miserable. O you have an on call number for th nurse ? I would call in!

I was banded today, and m doing ok. I need my pain med right on schedule th pain at the port is roughest. Have kept Water and Jello down. Hope you get some relief ddgarcia it makes me sad this has been so tough of a day for you

yes, port pain has been the worst- hard getting up or down and twisting from side to side, otherwise I feel pretty good for just having surgery. Please update us. I am thinking of you ans hoping you've got it under control now.

Thanks everyone. After I threw up I didn't drink anything just waited till now to see if it returned or pain got worse, it didn't. I just took my pain meds again which yes I have been taking about every 3h45m. Hoping for some relief to get some sleep. Unless things get worse tonight I'm going to try to tough it out see how I feel in the morning and if need be call my dr. Thank you all so much for the support. I'm an army wife with 5 kids and my husband is away training so I really appreciate having people who know what's happening!

I did find that a couple times today I would start to feel nauseous and salivate like I was going to throw up. At those times, I was able to burp and release some gas. Made everything perfect again. Are you possibly also having trapped gas issues?

I really hope you start feeling better soon. If not make sure to call your doctor because if you not keeping anything down you really need iv fluids. When I was released the doctor send me with pain meds hydrocodone and also meds for nausea. Sometimes the pain meds can make you want to vomit so its good to have something for nausea as well. Did they give you anything?

Have you gotten all the c02 gas out? Most of my pain went away after walking around 2-3 min at a time and having my hubby rub my back to move the gas around

My surgery was yesterday morning also

I am day three post op. And did not stay overnight. I went home. The first two I just had the two ounces of Water a hour and my meds. Being in my bed at night is the worst really. It will get better.

I STAYED OVERNIGHT ALSO. AND WAS NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE ANYTHING FOR THE FIRST 24 HOURS.. NOT EVEN A SLIP OF WATER.. THEY WANT TO LET THE BAND HEAL... AND THROWING UP RIGHT AFTER SURGERY WAS A NO NO... I HOPE YOUR FEELING BETTER... HOWEVER IM GETTING MY BAND REMOVED... GOOD LUCK TO YOU..

SammySam - why are you getting your band removed? Did it not work well for you? Just curious since you mentioned it!