Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm So Gonna Make This Work! Confessions....

OK.. thats it.. i'm tired of feeling tired! I"m tired of saying the band is not working. I started to go to lapband support group in my area.. been to my 2nd one last week. Its really helping me! I've had my surgery 3 yrs ago lost about 15-20lbs with it.. most i lost was 30 but gained a few and now it seems i've only lost 15 lbs since my surgery! WHY? because i'm not letting the band work for me. when i feel restricted or feel like its stuck.. i wait for it to pass (or throwing up) then i wait a bit more and continue to eat my food!! UGH i'm so not suppose to do that.! I was still drinking during my meals. I'm still eating foods i shouldn't be eating.. I'm snacking.. WHY WHY WHY am i doing this to myself??

The surgery was a waste of my $$... Unlike some folks i had to pay this out of pocket. I had no medical issues to speak of. I have great blood pressure, glucose, thyroid, cholesterol are all great! Even my Dr's are like what! wow i must have good genes.. Well the only issue to speak of is i'm just FAT! I"m obese.. i hate obese.. i hate that word.. but thats what i am.. As of today i'm 5'6" and 264. that just made me tear up. But i have to be true to myself.. I have to face the facts.

2 weeks ago i gave up sweets and soda for lent. Then i had a major relapse had me a soda then went crazy this past week. Its spring break week and i was home (love being a teacher but wow.. being home around food is not good for me.) So today been online researching lapband friendly sites and recipes.

I'm going to make this work for me.. I'm gonna make this work! So a couple of hours ago i went to the local store to stock up on some lapband friends stuff. I"m cutting out sweets for sure including soda. I need to go cold turkey on this! I did it for 2 weeks and was doing good. My only question is WHY DOES eating HEALTHY have to be so EXPENSIVE. I shouted this when i got home, in which my Boyfriend yells back.. "Well, the United states is only country in which its poor people are obese". Hmmm wowo interesting but true fact. Poor people in africa, china, etc.. are they fat? noooo.. Crazy isn't it.. WOWO.. believe me.. i'm not poor.. i'm not rich just your typical middle class citizen.

So i'm typing this to force myself to see what i'm doing to myself. (really crying now) I"m so lucky to have such a supportive boyfriend. BTW my BF is like only 20lbs overweight and he's trying as well and is totally supportive and is going to stop with the sweets and soda too to help me out.. GOTTA LOVE HIM

true confessions.... ....

Comments of encouragement/support/tips/stories are welcomed ..

Trying to make this work...

Kathy

You can do this, Kathy! That, I think, is the beauty of the lapband - you can always start over.

You can do this if you set your mind to it. I would recommend logging all the food you eat, as well as finding an acceptable calorie limit and sticking to it.

Good for you Kathy! Good luck! You/ve got the hardest part behind you (the surgery) now you just gotta work it.

First if you are overeating and throwing up and continuing to eat, you probably need therapy like counseling.

Second, I am a fish eating vegetarian and I eat a lot of Beans to get Protein. Beans are probably the most nutritious food there is and they are basically almost free! Especially if you buy the bags of dry beans and throw them in the crock pot!

The thing is I overate like a fiend and thats why I was obese...now I eat tiny meals of only really good fresh (often more expensive) food and I think I save money...a restaurant meal is probably five servings for me now...good luck, a lot of this is learning to be honest with ourselves.

I have been spending a lot less on food because food goes so much further. Yesterday, we had corned beef and cabbage. We bought the corned beef at costco, so it was a sizeable piece of meat. Last year, I would have put half of the corned beef in the freezer and prepared the other half. This year, I quartered the corned beef and froze three of them. I cooked one and still have leftovers for DH to have for lunch tomorrow.

Buy what you need to buy. Measure your portions. You will be satisfied on a healthy of amount of food. If you aren't, you need a fill.

The band is always with you to help you.

OK.. thats it.. i'm tired of feeling tired! I"m tired of saying the band is not working. I started to go to lapband support group in my area.. been to my 2nd one last week. Its really helping me! I've had my surgery 3 yrs ago lost about 15-20lbs with it.. most i lost was 30 but gained a few and now it seems i've only lost 15 lbs since my surgery! WHY? because i'm not letting the band work for me. when i feel restricted or feel like its stuck.. i wait for it to pass (or throwing up) then i wait a bit more and continue to eat my food!! UGH i'm so not suppose to do that.! I was still drinking during my meals. I'm still eating foods i shouldn't be eating.. I'm snacking.. WHY WHY WHY am i doing this to myself??

The surgery was a waste of my $$... Unlike some folks i had to pay this out of pocket. I had no medical issues to speak of. I have great blood pressure, glucose, thyroid, cholesterol are all great! Even my Dr's are like what! wow i must have good genes.. Well the only issue to speak of is i'm just FAT! I"m obese.. i hate obese.. i hate that word.. but thats what i am.. As of today i'm 5'6" and 264. that just made me tear up. But i have to be true to myself.. I have to face the facts.

2 weeks ago i gave up sweets and soda for lent. Then i had a major relapse had me a soda then went crazy this past week. Its spring break week and i was home (love being a teacher but wow.. being home around food is not good for me.) So today been online researching lapband friendly sites and recipes.

I'm going to make this work for me.. I'm gonna make this work! So a couple of hours ago i went to the local store to stock up on some lapband friends stuff. I"m cutting out sweets for sure including soda. I need to go cold turkey on this! I did it for 2 weeks and was doing good. My only question is WHY DOES eating HEALTHY have to be so EXPENSIVE. I shouted this when i got home, in which my Boyfriend yells back.. "Well, the United states is only country in which its poor people are obese". Hmmm wowo interesting but true fact. Poor people in africa, china, etc.. are they fat? noooo.. Crazy isn't it.. WOWO.. believe me.. i'm not poor.. i'm not rich just your typical middle class citizen.

So i'm typing this to force myself to see what i'm doing to myself. (really crying now) I"m so lucky to have such a supportive boyfriend. BTW my BF is like only 20lbs overweight and he's trying as well and is totally supportive and is going to stop with the sweets and soda too to help me out.. GOTTA LOVE HIM

true confessions.... ....

Comments of encouragement/support/tips/stories are welcomed ..

Trying to make this work...

Kathy

Felkatz,

Actually what you have done by writing your history and determination to make the necessary changes to become successful is the best therapy...you are holding yourself accountible. If we are going to make major changes in our relationship with food, we have to want it for us. You seem to have finally made a decision about what direction you want to take in your life!

Great writing, and all best luck and focus as you move forward towards success!

we all have some set backs some more than others. I know at first I was like pull it out pull it out , and then the last few weeks I was really doing ok and then this weekend I set myself back, too much stuff with sugar even though it says sugar free/fat free trying to eat more than I should, just tonight is the first time in a few days that I thought I don't want the lapband anymore (7 weeks out) I even told hubby. I ate a piece of steak at lunch just to try (yeah right) and I can feel it just sitting there. so I've been in such a yucky mood, so I know I have to start all over with the soft foods. I started taking Miralax , I really don't want to end up getting an obstruction or have hubby have to use a spoon (saw in another post) rats I was just looking up Miralax. It says one of the things that causes Constipation is Calcium supplements as I was recently told I should take 3 a day. Im up to you. (sigh) well I wish you well, lets make it work girl

have hubby have to use a spoon

I don't even dare ask!

I don't even dare ask!

LOL the only reason I knew what she meant was I caught a similar act (or request for it - I forget) on the reality show that whitney houston and bobby brown had a few years ago. That was the first time I heard such a thing and about lost it - with my jaw on the floor wondering how such a thing could go on. WOW - lol looks like it is more common than I thought.

i dont know what to tell you as im kind of a newbie, other than keep your ultimate goal in mind. i dont notice that healthy food is more expensive but then i dont buy junk food either. my hubby is diabetic so almost everything in our house is bought and cooked with him in mind. we buy lots of turkey, chicken, , but also eat other meats. lots of brown rice, whole wheat Pasta, salad, fresh or frozen veggies and fruit. i take leftovers for lunch and usually have a Protein Drink for Breakfast with a few crackers and pb later on my am break. as a result i didnt have to change much in the way of food because i was already eating healthy, and generally these foods are not expensive.check your local library for books on diabetic foods and how to eat/ buy inexpensively. Good luck !

PS- i shouldnt tell on them but heres a story kind of like yours. 5 yrs ago when i started at a new company i noticed 2 overweight women talking in our breakroom about grocery shopping. The most obese one( in her 20's!) was saying "buying healthy food is just too expensive, so i just end up buying junk food and processed foods !" EEEEEEKKKKKKK!!! Woman # 2 just sat there and nodded . At the time i had just started on Weight Watchers and we were all horrified by her comment! i didnt have success with WW, no offense to them, so ultimately i decided to have lap band and am on my way to being slim and healthy.Well, the obese woman left the company still very overweight, and woman #2 is now considering WLS. so you have to ask yourself, where do you want your hard earned money to go in the grocery store ? food for thought ........ best of luck to you.

LOL the only reason I knew what she meant was I caught a similar act (or request for it - I forget) on the reality show that whitney houston and bobby brown had a few years ago. That was the first time I heard such a thing and about lost it - with my jaw on the floor wondering how such a thing could go on. WOW - lol looks like it is more common than I thought.

I'm sure Bobby Brown and Whitney's reason for a spoon might have been different, but to be clear, when someone is not able to go #2 they have someone use a spoon to get the process going. I just don't EVER want to get to that point! They do have gylcerin suppostitories too, but I have heard that the body starts getting used to those methods, we just have to keep ourselves regular. :wacko: