Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HeatherGurl's Challenge

I'm on it Heather. I will post the starter page tonight so it's here when everyone's ready to start.

Do you all want to start with your current weight and track your weekly progress while in this challenge? Or do you think we should start with our highest weight, show the current weight, and our overall weight loss? Since this isn't a contest, I was thinking it would be nice to show our overall progress since we started on our journeys. We could also note how much we lost that week. Comments, ideas?

Here is the list of participants so far. Am I missing anyone?

Betje

Chameleon

Cheri

Criss Kellogg

Daisybelle

Dawg

EmileeKaye

Fee2Young2B40

Gloria37

HeatherGurl

Jaygerl05

Kim 8

Lianna

LSasha

Morsaille

Mrycrltn

NaturalBeauty

Nightingale2u

Nykee

Papillon

PhotoNut

Poster child

Pugmum

RHONDAKO

Tess L

The best me

Tricia K.

Txblue eyedqt

Photonut~ I think overall weight loss is a great idea!

mary~ I am eating Protein, then veggies, and no crap!! :confused: I walk 2.5 miles a day usually and do a cardio workout 5 times a week for 50-60 minutes

Ok, after talking to Heather we have decided to go with the name of The Gone for Good Club. No one else offered suggestions.

I will start a thread tonight with this title tonight and starting tomorrow, March 1st we would like each of you to post your highest weight, your current weight and the total you have lost so far. Each week we will update the first page of the thread so it's easy to see everyone's progress. There is no way we can keep up with everyone posting on different days, so since we are starting on Wednesday, March 1st, is everyone ok with weigh in days being on Wednesday? If Mondays are easier, we can sure do that. Just let me know what you all think. When you are posting, please use this format: 307/265 (-42 lbs)

Anyone is welcome to join at anytime. Ideas, tips, exercise reports are all welcome. Just be sure that you post your weigh ins on the same day as everyone else and in the same format so it's easier to keep track of you all, ok? This is going to be great! I hope we eventually develop some fun things we can do as a group. Maybe a mini challenge now and then, that can help us get off of plataeus? All ideas are welcome. Heather thought to start the club, but she doesn't want it to be "Her" club. This is for all of us!

Watch for the new thread tonight and rock on! :rockon:

Since I weigh in on Tues. nights, checking in on Weds. will work for me.

I will post my info tomorrow am.

Hey P'Nut...

Are we going to post our total weight loss OR total loss since surgery?

:confused:

For EX.

365 was my highest... but I was 329 on surgery day??? Get what I am saying?

Just let me know???

Sounds like a great name! Boy... I need this challenge... I thought my excess weight was gone for good and it chased me down and found me! I am so ready...

I got so excited once I found this challenge, went and checked my weight(I hadn't seen my move) and I had gained around 12 pounds. Made this challenge even more important, no more gaining for me. Only losing from now on. See everyone tomorrow!

Heather.. it's up to you girl, but I kind of like including where I was when I started seriously preparing for the surgery. May not be everyone's highest though. When I started the pre-op diet, which is when I consider the start of the lap band journey, I weighed 307. That's what I've typically gone by. But if all y'all (yes, Funny, I did see how to do that correctly!) want to start with weight the date of surgery, that's fine with me. Just point me and say go! Hehe!

I like the name too! Some people have been concerned about saying the weight is gone for good because sometimes it can come back. I think it represents an ongoing accountability for our choices and actions! It will be gone for good, because with the help of dedicated folks like you we can keep each other motivated to never give up and let it come back! :confused: No no no, you ugly pounds... you are NOT coming back!

Love it! I think folks should choose their own start weight, either their highest, or their band weight, whichever represents the beginning of their weight loss journey. I know my own journey started about a year before I stumbled across LapBanding. I like how this "challenge month" is simply a month out of our full journey. Yeah, yeah, I have a goal to lose 8 pounds this month, but more important is the 55 pounds I have lost so far...and I want to add to that, knowing it's GONE FOR GOOD!!!! Love it.

I think it should be an optional start weight. Mainly because I don't have a surgery date! :confused:

As for the name "Gone for Good" works for me! It shows the intention that we want this weight "gone for good".

One other problem with me going with my highest ever weight is I still can't figure out how to subtract 265 from "E".

:confused:

Sounds good to me. So we personalize it - the first post we put on the Gone for Good thread should look like this then:

My highest weight (or current, or at date of surgery, or whatever you want), and your current weight. And from then on, just current weight and amount lost at weigh in should be fine. Agreed?

Also, in that first post tomorrow, why don't we each talk a little about ourselves - I'm from wherever, I am this age, I've been banded this long (or hoping to be banded, or dieting, etc), this is what im struggling with (honesty but no excuses and no whining! heh), that kind of thing.. so we can get to know each other and how best to support and motivate each other. Sound good?

I too like the challenge name. I also think that adding a little info about ourselves is a great idea.

However, I do feel that we should post our weight as follows:

Highest weight/challenge starting weight/current weight (- lbs. lost)

Does anyone else agree?

Oh yeah....I'm cool with posting our weight on Wednesdays.