Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pbing A Lot With Having No Fill Yet

I'm so worried. I am 6 weeks post op, my first fill is scheduled to be done in 4 days..

I notice that even without having a fill I am pbing and it scares me. It's not all the time. Just with certain things.

Has this happened to anyone else?

You need to look at what you are eating and how you are eating it. Are your bites too big? Are you chewing properly? Have you been waiting between bites to make sure it has gone down. Are you eating dry tough foods or fibrous foods or foods with skin as these often cause problems.

You may already have some fill in without realising it.

You also need to talk to your Dr about what is happening so that he/she can assess why it is happening.

I would switch back to mushies and liquids. You may have irritated your pouch and it would make sense to rest it for a few days.

You must tell you doctor about this. I agree you may have a fill in there from surgery. You should not be PBing. Knock on wood I have never had a PB incident in over a year and a half.

You also may be one of the us bandsters that required very little fill to be in the green zone and may be over filled. My first fill 6 weeks out of surgery was a unfill of 1cc, I require under 2 cc's to be in the green zone and had been given 3 cc's during surgery.

If this is the case for you, you will need to be extra cautious when eating and must take very small bites and chew your food extremely well to prevent PB's. This gets better as time goes by. To give you an example some of my meat Proteins like red meat and chicken had to be about about a 1/4 inch by 1/4 inch square and I had to chew like crazy. Once I got the unfill I was able to eat bigger pieces. Your doc will let you know.

I know exactly what your going threw, I had the same problem, until,,, I saw my surgeon, told him all about it, and he told me the first fill locks your band in place. If you don't have it locked in place, food can get hung up, and thats what the problem is.

Well he filled me, and he was rite. In fact the more I was filled, the less of a problem it became.

Now, every surgeon puts the band in a little different, so if your comfortable without a fill, this may not pertain to you.

But I would ask my surgeon if the first fill tightens the band up or not.

Hey everyone. Thanks for all the input. I have an appt tomorrow with the Dr and will keep everyone posted. I hope its nothing major.

I hope you're okay! It may be that as people have said, you do have a bit of a fill in there. And unfortunately, there may just be some things you can't eat now. I would keep track of the things that are getting stuck, and if it's the same things continuously, you may have to avoid them for now.

So I went and explained everything that has been happening to my surgeon. He said its normal. That with some individuals the band alone is tight enough to cause restriction. And bc this is happening with me. He wasn't going to do a fill yet.. I was banded 1/25 weighing 267 and at todays appt I weighed 240. Feels great minus the pbing. Lol.

Next appt is in April.

I did, the 1st time was on pizza. The 2nd time, I had a small roast beef on a roll. That was the worst ever. I couldn't stop for about 15 mins. I was at a anniversary party for my pastor, and my son had to drive me home. I was so embarrassed. Everyone just thought that I had a bad headache! Thank God! Anyway, yes, I have pb'd before getting any fill! Karen

What is PB'ing?

Had my band put on Thursday...can not keep anything down. No idea what pbing is. Tell me it's gonna get better

Pb is productive burp... If food has a hard time passing the band your body builds mucus around it and you wind up spitting back up.. gross yes.

Yes it will get better. I was banded Jan 25th and the first 3 weeks were hell for me. I was so miserable and in pain. Walk walk walk to help with releasing the surgical gas from your system. Make sure you are getting enough liquids. I wound up dehydrated bc I just wasn't drinking enough Water.

It's all so worth it. Remember why we got this in the first place. This is just a bump in the road.