Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastic Surgery/babies

Ok, so I have made it to my goal of 173lbs!! Losing a total of 253lbs!!! Now I have lose skin, and I am wondering if a Tummy Tuck would be my answer. The thing is my soon to be husband and I want to have kids in the next 3 years. Would it make sense to wait or to get it done first?

From what I've heard it's best to wait

absolutely.. wait.. i had a Tummy Tuck when i was 39 thinking my baby making days were over.. 9 months after the surgery i got pregnant.. and 9 months later, along came Ben..... luckily i only gained 40 pounds in that pregnancy.. and things got back to close to normal.. but it was never the same as before i got pregnant. I advice waiting until after the babies..for sure.

Wait... I just had my Tummy Tuck two weeks ago. the muscles will be stretched and will be a waist of your time to do the tummy tuck or anything now.... But that's just me.

How old are you? You may also want to got for a check up with your GYN to make sure everything is good for you to be able to have kids.

congrats on the Amazing weight loss

I had a TT 7 years ago and two years later my dear son came along. I was really bad before my TT so I don't regret it but I gained 56 pounds during my pregnancy. Now that I'm banded and only 1.7 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight I can see that i do have some excess skin, just a little though, that I will have the surgeon get rid of during a mini-tuck. My TT was pretty radical I had a huge diastasis of my rectus abdominus muscle and luckily that condition has not returned.

My advice: if you have money to burn go for it now and start a savings account for your "mommy makeover" after you are done with the kids. I'm saving for a mini-tuck and a crescent tuck (back fat roll excision).

For me my Tummy Tuck was now or never so I did it at the age of 25. I dont regret it and all I see is if I need another tummy tuck it is a reason to start fresh with a new stomach.

I am young and want to enjoy life with a nice bod which I never had in high school. I even got new boobs. I am not sure I can afford that later.

To anyone who has had a TT

I am only 11 days post op. Im hoping to lose a total of 55kg (over a year or so)

Im only 27 years old so im hoping alot of my skin will bound back with plenty of core work & skin firming massage but i know im still gonna have loose skin. My tummy is my main concern but i have huge boobs & i know theyre gonna be saggy ))): & my upper arms underneath are going to be floppy ))): we are planning on babies after my weightloss and i will wait until after babies for anymore surgery.

I know that my eventual TT should not be my concern right now because it is such early days but i want to know now...

Please tell me straight up.... How bad is the pain post op ?? What is the recovery time like ??

Thanks xxx

Tomorrow will be my 3 weeks since having my TT. I'm being honest when i say, my pain was not bad at all. The worse part was the first two day when you still have that cough from being put to sleep. It hurt to cough with the incision.... after that i pretty much stopped taking pain meds and was pretty good too go. I made my self walk. Took the dog down the block. had to catch my breath a few times.... but it was for the best. Now what bothers me most is this compression garment. I have to wear it all the time. I can only take it off to shower.

My dr. closed the incision from the inside and glued the outside. I will try and put more pics up. I have my TT pictures only viewed by friends... if you want to see.... send me a friend request.

On another note, if i would have know then what i know now.... i would have had my breast reduction and lift at the same time. I was really expecting more pain with the TT... My breast have gone from a 44H to a 36FF.

and recovery, i could have been back at work in 10 days, but we had Mardi Gras holiday so i got an extra two days off. was able to drive at one week. Surgery on Feb. 15, back to work Feb. 27.

Tomorrow will be my 3 weeks since having my TT. I'm being honest when i say' date=' my pain was not bad at all. The worse part was the first two day when you still have that cough from being put to sleep. It hurt to cough with the incision.... after that i pretty much stopped taking pain meds and was pretty good too go. I made my self walk. Took the dog down the block. had to catch my breath a few times.... but it was for the best. Now what bothers me most is this compression garment. I have to wear it all the time. I can only take it off to shower.

My dr. closed the incision from the inside and glued the outside. I will try and put more pics up. I have my TT pictures only viewed by friends... if you want to see.... send me a friend request.

On another note, if i would have know then what i know now.... i would have had my breast reduction and lift at the same time. I was really expecting more pain with the TT... My breast have gone from a 44H to a 36FF.

and recovery, i could have been back at work in 10 days, but we had Mardi Gras holiday so i got an extra two days off. was able to drive at one week. Surgery on Feb. 15, back to work Feb. 27.[/quote']

Wow !!

Thats a really impressive recovery time. Ive been told all sorts of horrible stories about long term severe pain thats what im most afraid of!!!

I also thought that healing took a really long time.

I loved your testimonial, thank you

Xx

My PS also uses.... no drains. I heard that the drains are very painful. And no staples, staples some times cause infection. I stayed one night in the hospital with a Morphine pump. went home with Percocet and lovanox injections that i had to get twice a day to prevent blood clots. I would say most of the "discomfort" was from the Lipo. He removed about 2-3lbs of skin and 1 liter of fat with LIPO.

The pain was no more than my C-Sections.

My PS also uses.... no drains. I heard that the drains are very painful. And no staples, staples some times cause infection. I stayed one night in the hospital with a Morphine pump. went home with Percocet and lovanox injections that i had to get twice a day to prevent blood clots. I would say most of the "discomfort" was from the Lipo. He removed about 2-3lbs of skin and 1 liter of fat with LIPO.

The pain was no more than my C-Sections.

First of all congrats for no drains. They are a pain in the ass or err hip'? depends where they are.

Second yes drains can be painful coming out I screamed the first time but I have also accidentally cut off my drain different surgery a year later( well cut the tubing was trying to cut tape + big scissors = oohhh ****) Since I didnt think duct tape was a good idea I text my doc who told me to pull out my drain ( he was in a meeting it was 9pm I live 2 hours from him) so I did thankfully no pain!

I struggle with this want as well. I'm having my arms and chest wall done in 2 weeks. I'm not quite at goal but I'm only 22 lbs away and I would love to get a TT. However like you I have not had kiddos yet, plan on attempting in about 4 more years, and I worry about ruining the work :( It is a tough call.

I had a Tummy Tuck four weeks ago, its really not a painful as youd expect. Here, its an operation they keep you in hospital or four nights, so i had pain relief, hospital bed, meals brought to me which made it heaps easier. I needed no pain meds from day three.

What it does d o is slow you up. I admit my daily routine is pretty full on, i work on my feet full time as a teacher, i play taxi to three kids, hubby doesnt walk in the door ill 8pm so I do all te cleaning and cooking, i run, do spin classes and there is no way i am up to full speed yet. Im not in pain but i swell up, then cant walk upright and theres just no way i could run yet. I went back to work today and it was fine but im swollen and hunched over now.

jachut.... girl you are a beast....!!! i'm tired just reading that...lol. There is no way i could have done all that after my TT. I'm glad my boys are grown and i have a daughter in law that is a nurse. She came every morning and evening to give me the lovonox injections. And picked up anything i needed. My husband work 7&7 and he was home the day of my TT, but had to go to work the next day.... So i pretty much recouped alone.... which i kind of enjoyed. After my first week i was able to start driving...

So tomorrow will be 10 weeks for me. And i'm doing great except i did too much one day a popped a inside stitch and it created a pocket and i got a sore right on my hip bone. It's healing great now..... the rest is Beautiful.... i love they result so far. Still have some swelling and numbness, but i'm so glad i did it.

Ok, so I have made it to my goal of 173lbs!! Losing a total of 253lbs!!! Now I have lose skin, and I am wondering if a Tummy Tuck would be my answer. The thing is my soon to be husband and I want to have kids in the next 3 years. Would it make sense to wait or to get it done first?

congrats on the amazing weight loss!